• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips for Mario ?

n1n10do

Smash Cadet
Hi, I used to play with Mario when I first got melée, (back in 2001) and I used to play with him casually. But I want to play with him competitively so does anyone have any tips for Mario ? Dose he have any similarities to Luigi ? And are there any good Mario mains I should watch ( I already know about scorpion master lol)

:phone:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
You need to get a solid movement game. Ledgedashes and wavebands on platforms are super important, you should already know this because of luigi. their movement game is probably the most similar thing.
Mario is a combo heavy character, so you need to learn to chain Uairs and stuff.
Mario has a hard time killing, so you really wanna deal as much damage as you can.
Gimping is cool too.

the best thing you can do to learn the character is watching mario players.
I'd recommend:
Mango (scorpion master)
Eggz
Boss

oh and like every video in the mario video archive.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
i wouldnt say mario is similar to luigi, just because they move so differently. if you cant wavedash or lcancel consistently then practice those. learn how to wavedash out of shield and usmash out of shield. if youre new with using mario at a competitive level i would just kind of feel him out first, learn how all his moves work with eachother, learn how far his jump and wavedash take him, etc. play people that are better than you, that;s the best way to get better

Top Bottom