• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips and Tricks Help

Atlantis_Rising

Smash Rookie
I picked up Link a few weeks ago and pretty much what I've been able to teach myself (being that I have a rather low PM IQ) is grapple to an up toss to jump and up air. I've been slowly getting better at edge guarding with my arrows, but it's a lot of spray and pray in my case for now. One big question I have is what is a suitable way to use your bombs? A lot of the guys I smash with are convinced I need to learn how to bomb recover, and, honestly, the likelihood of being able to grab the bomb and end up off stage in time for the save is rather low. I've picked up on tossing the boomerang and dodging to set up a punish, dependent upon if they dodge it or not. Other than that, I'm pretty c-stick heavy.

I'm just looking for what you guys have found to be successful and somewhat patient game slanted. Much appreciated.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
You can do an incredible amount of things with bombs. Bombs are one of Link's best tools. He can perform a variety of things with them.
-Bomb Jump
-Bomb Punt
-Double Bomb Punt
-Triple Bomb Punt
-AGT(Aerial Glide Toss)
-Bomb Drop

It's usually a good choice to have a bomb in your hand 80% of the time just so you have an extra option. It's great if it's in your hand already while you need to recover. Bombs also last about 9 full seconds until they explode. I learned a lot of the techniques I know through the main Link social thread. Feel free to ask about any technique you'd like to have explained to you and I'd be happy to help.

Top Bottom