• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tipps for my noobisch falco XD

Roman.

Smash Champion
Can't really measure any skill from watching you play a comp. For example, dthrow would not work very effectively at all into combos against humans unless you are tech chasing.

Cinder

Smash Master
Techchasing is when you predict which way your opponent will tech, chase them (usually by WD'ing or running), and grabbing them...what Elran's saying is that human opponents tend to tech the d-throw, so shining on the spot usually misses, as they have teched away from it...if you WD after them, and shine or grab, you can continue your combo...

I think I'm right...could someone check me on that?

Cinder

Smash Master
^Exactly! Find another smasher that lives near you...or find some local tournaments...you've got a lot of skill from what I can tell, so find a tournament near where you live...

Syzy

Smash Rookie
Stop playing comps.

It looks like your building some pretty bad habbits, Dthrow/shine 100% of the time for instance :psycho:. Practicing against comps makes you look like a robot and you /will/ get recked. Your tech game isn't that bad for a begginer work on Lcancels and teching and DI and you be fine there. I found lightning and slowmo melee helpful to learn shffl. Just practice and go to tourneys.

Fireflare

Smash Cadet
._."i can shffling...i dindn't used it much in that fight...the problem is i don't have annyone on my level to play wth...-.-"

Syzy

Smash Rookie
Didn't say you didn't, but the trick isn't knowing how to shffl, its doing it consistantly. ;) thats besides the point, however. You need to get out and find ppl to play. Idk how hard that is in Germany, but gl man.

Fireflare

Smash Cadet
i searched people in the user lacator but no one was near me(my englisch is bad isn't it)the only guy hwo play ith me smash is a fsmash spammer with marth ._.

Cinder

Smash Master
^Yeah, your English could use a little work...but at least I can understand what you're saying...there are some people who, after you read their posts, you can't help but turn your head to one side and think to yourself "What the **** is he tryin' to say?!?!"...you are definately not one of those people;)

But yeah, it sucks that you don't have any good smashers near you...wish I could help...

Fireflare

Smash Cadet
thank you^^

hmm i just have to find a way to get on tournament's...but the most are far away XDbut don't worry if don't manage to find someone i will teach the fsmash spammer the advanced techs :chuckle::psycho::laugh:

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Edgeguard more instead of edgehog, try spike-shining, especially against falco when he's starting an up-B. Psy.

Fireflare

Smash Cadet
hmm...i'm not good at shine-spikes...>.<...i trained the edgehog->bair or dair a lot...i can do it way better than a shine spike on the edge...

Fireflare

Smash Cadet
he did SHB??:laugh:...a level 6 always dodge my blaster after i knocked him out of the stage...^^ well btt: should i spamm wave dashing and shffl??or not...

Zero_P

Smash Ace
he did SHB??:laugh:...a level 6 always dodge my blaster after i knocked him out of the stage...^^ well btt: should i spamm wave dashing and shffl??or not...
I could beat a lvl 9 falco and not use wavedash once and spam forward smashes. Even if you're kicking an cpu's *** he'll still hit you with annoying as hell attacks here and there and it racks up to the point where he just smashed out of nowhere and then you're dead. roflcopter yeah. It does it all the time. and my fox shine spikes 0_0 XD

In short. Don't practice advanced techniques with cpu's go get a friend and practice with him. Cpu's reaction time is messed. You wont gain any experience.

Cinder

Smash Master
Long conversations that would be better as PM's FTW:laugh:...anyway, may I suggest two things: one, don't train in training mode...you should always have access to the C-stick...train in Melee on endless vs. a lvl 1...it actually helps more than a lvl 8-9 (high level CPU's discourage SHL)...

Two, find a big tournament somewhere you could fly to...that or teach your fsmash addict how to fight like a REAL smasher;)

brandutt845

Smash Apprentice
Here's a tip. Use Downb to launch an opponent upwards, then SH up to him and Dair. If he goes up higher, go a little higher. This combo/move will pwn at even low percentages. Especially for egdegaurding. Use it whenever you can. I dont wavedash much so I cant give tips on that but SH attacks always keep your opponent in the air when it's done contineusly, but SHing and Air comboing is MY game. I hope this will help.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
i searched people in the user lacator but no one was near me(my englisch is bad isn't it)the only guy hwo play ith me smash is a fsmash spammer with marth ._.
u just described my life... lol
you speak fine english and you have a good falco, dont let them tell you different,
and if all you can play is computers, they shouldnt put you down for it, cause afterall we are all here because we love the game whether that be fighting computers or humans,
have a good one man.

Cinder

Smash Master
u just described my life... lol
you speak fine english and you have a good falco, dont let them tell you different,
and if all you can play is computers, they shouldnt put you down for it, cause afterall we are all here because we love the game whether that be fighting computers or humans,
have a good one man.
*sniff*...that was beautiful...

Anyway (@Fireflare), if you can't find any local peeps, don't sweat it...your Falco is pretty good, so you have nothing to worry about...if you can find someone nearby who's any good, go for it, but if not, don't worry about it...the game was created to be fun, so make it fun...I may play at tournaments and play by professional rules, but I always find Smash fun...nothing will ever change that...

Fireflare

Smash Cadet
@zero P captainlukey and cinder405 and everyone hwo helped me...thank you for all your help and kindness...^^i'll try to get on a tournament or to teach someone how to play good...stay on guard videos will follow XD

Top Bottom