• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tink Matchup Discussion

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
I got the chance to play a friend of mine for 30 hours in variants of ****ing around, seriouslies, friendlies, etcetcetc

Heres a short list of some of the things i caught while playing

[List incomplete because this **** *** computer saved the document in the wrong format and i cant open it anymore]

Short Hop Double Bacon stops every single one of tinks projectiles. Fair Stops boomerang, but i dont think it stops the bomb and arrow.
(I thought Bacon wouldnt stop Arrow Shot, but nope. Stops that too]

One of the combo setups i use (i dont know if anyone else uses it, otherwise, this is just a note for me) is dTilt->uAir->upB->Mixup (can be pretty much anything, fAir, dAir, bacons, or jump away)

This^ combo isn't as effective on tink because his aerials are quick enough to **** us with uAir (or dair if he can get himself above us after the upB) and because we can't air dodge to avoid the aerial. One match we played, on Final Destination, after the uAir of the combo, i upB'd him, he jumped out quickly enough and hit me with uAir -It killed at 75% (needs visual aid)

If Tink is Recovering from Below, or on level with the stage, GNW's fTilt DESTROYS his recovery, because it hits low enough to hit him before he can grab the ledge. fTilt actually hits further than tinks upB too [UNSURE ABOUT THIS ONE, NEEDS MORE TESTING. FTILT ****** HAPPENED ON FD, TEST ON OTHER STAGES]

Tink's Dash Attack hit's through GNW's dTilt. I think it hits through fTilt too, but i can't remember [needs additional verifying for fTilt]

IMO, gnw has a hard time in this mathup because Tink's projectiles are all fast as ****, so GNW has to put more focus into avoiding them to not get ****ed up. The matchup gets even harder if tink decides to be a lil ***** ***** and start camping. The matchup is hard, but it definitely isn't unwinnable. Stage is also a major variable, i would suggest taking tink somewhere like Battlefield or PS2. Although it would probably be a better option to pick someone else in this matchup. I give it a 60/40 Tink's favor.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
yeah, i know

just posted it in a seperate thread because that thread is discussing like 20 matchups at once

Top Bottom