• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Times when you can use Dair

Alaya

Smash Cadet
well you can use your second jump to do a rising d-air
I get 95% of my meteors that way, fall and then jump up at them with a dair right when they jump to get in range for their up special to reach the ledge to meteor them then upb to safety yourself :D

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
I assume you mean off stage, because on stage it is easy to spike them into the stage pretty much anywhere. You seem to suffer from the same thing I did about a month ago. It takes some getting used to. What I can recommend is what is recommended above if you just cant get the hand of doing it without fast falling. If you can, you can pop off stage for a gimp at any time, Rising dair isnt neccesary (but it is safe and relatively easy.)

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
From my experience (I've landed quite a few offstage meteors in actual matches), the meteor is not absolute, and in theory should be impossible to land from an opponent that is predicting it as it cannot true combo from anything. You can only use the ability if your opponent is ignorant of it (because of how small the meteor hitbox is).

The BEST position I've found to usually land successful meteors, is if you manage to get below the opponent you've just sent flying, the position is safe from most Up-specials hitbox, then instantly jumping into Dair, if you were right below the opponent before the jump he should get hit by the meteor hitbox. (You CANNOT stay under the opponent for long as some can usually hit you aswell)

As a general rule of thumb, using down-air while triggering FF (No C-stick) a bit lower than the ledge height will get you killed because of the ending lag.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I've tried OoS rising jump dair with limited success.

Top Bottom