• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
After looking up info, looks like I'll need one.

Why my external drive didn't come with one is beyond me...
Mine atleast was nice enough to continuously give me the noise of "HEY I DONT GET ENOUGH POWER".

I think its because most on the market are designed for systems that have their usbs generate more power, and the wii u doesn't do that. Which is why we probably need two usbs for the gamecube adaptor to both read inputs (black usb) and supply rumble (grey usb).

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You have a QTE to perform.
If you perfect it then you don't cough up on Skell insurance. You just go back to the barracks at your earliest convenience and access the customisation terminal.
If Skell insurance runs out then you have to cough up lots of money to get it back at the barracks.
Otherwise you go to Armory Alley's main terminal to buy a frame and gear for it.
Just went to my Barracks hanger and found out that insurance covered it, though i can't remember if I did the QTE event prefect. From the why you say it, it sounds like a lot of money.

Do i also get new Skells from Armoury Alley as well?

Nah, it's just easier to do the rest of the game in Skell mode. None of the cutscenes ever actually show your Skells, so don't worry about that. For most bigger bosses (which you'll be seeing a lot of from here on out), you pretty much need to be in a Skell (and probably also have Skells for your entire party as well), unless you grind for ages and are really over-levelled with broken equipment, Arts, and such. Also, you should probably be in a level 30 Skell by now, if you aren't already (basically, just use the free one to learn the ropes, and then move up to the bigger level 30 ones as soon as you can).
Oh, okay. Now I feel less bad about using my Skell, though i think I will need to rethink me plan of doing a Non Skell play through.
Yeah, even those two boss I though that Elma and Lin could do with a Skell. Uh, I've got the free sell, though i don't know how to get a higher level Skell. Also, i've already customise my Skell's colour and have named it the HulkBuster :(

All Skells, when new, come with three uses of Skell insurance. If you lose your Skell (and fail the B-button prompt that appears when it's destroyed), your insurance count goes down by one, and your Skell is replaced free of charge, the next time you visit the customisation/hangar terminal in the Barracks. When your Skell's insurance runs out, you have to pay a fee to have it repaired (which gets quite expensive).
Only 3? Thats not a lot is it? Gez, I'm going to have to be careful.

Okay, thanks so much for the advice. I'll remember to keep this in mind when i play.

:135:

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So I was 3 spaces away from the star
Then Bowser Shuffle happened
Then I used my Warp Block to put me BACK in star range
And then I rolled a 1
And THEN Bowser Reverse Curse happened
Just in time for my friend to use Genie Lamp to steal it away from me.

#MarioParty3 #SALTYPARTY

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Finally, up to my fourth land

*after placing one probe, goes to plant other. Find two new enemies. See their attacks are gravity base. Remembers that everyone in part has basically -50 Gravity resistance*

s***........

Yeah, you can buy them from the same shop terminal as you do ground equipment - there's an option to "purchase Skell frames", that's what you want.
Cool. Thanks for the help.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
And then I rolled a 1

#MarioParty3 #SALTYPARTY
Hahaha yeah that's Mario Party.
I was always that one guy in my group of friends that seemed to be untouchable in Mario Party. All the chance times worked out for me, won a majority of mini games, event spaces helped me more often than not. Anyone have a friend like that?

As lucky as I am in Mario Party, my luck is the exact opposite in Pokemon. I'm lucky to get through a battle with less than two crits from the opposing team. Don't even get me started on hit percentage or secondary effects.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I totally feel terrible now.
I don't feel like I'll ever beat the 5 super bosses aside from Final Markus.
Seriously, the difficulty spike in between Final Markus and Ancient Daedala is ridiculous.
In fact, I tried all of them except the Avalanche Abassy. I couldn't win.
I'm partially debating weather or not I should just skip the super bosses and go strait for the final boss.
But if I do that, I'll feel bad that I didn't get one 100%.
But I'm not getting all of the achievements and I do want to keep my sanity so I may as well do it.
I think I might just fight the final boss.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Hahaha yeah that's Mario Party.
I was always that one guy in my group of friends that seemed to be untouchable in Mario Party. All the chance times worked out for me, won a majority of mini games, event spaces helped me more often than not. Anyone have a friend like that?

As lucky as I am in Mario Party, my luck is the exact opposite in Pokemon. I'm lucky to get through a battle with less than two crits from the opposing team. Don't even get me started on hit percentage or secondary effects.
I'm that friend. I'm very good at Mario Party (or at least as good as you can get with the small skill window the games have). Like I'm able to make huge comebacks when I'm far behind usually from a mix of my skill and luck from difference spaces and get/keep the lead from those same reasons. My success rate is higher in the older ones than the newer ones but I win more often than I lose regardless. The main reason I usually lose is getting screwed over from bonus stars actually.

I'm a huge Mario Party fan so I'm always down to talk about it. This applies to everyone so if anyone wants to chat about the games, let me know.

I'm usually pretty lucky in Pokemon. Most of my bad luck happens in the main game where it's not as important so that's pretty good for me. :076:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
And then I rolled a 1

#MarioParty3 #SALTYPARTY
Is it weird I haven't really played Mario Party?

I mean, I played the DS one, but I really play it to much.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
And then I rolled a 1

#MarioParty3 #SALTYPARTY
Mario party is always a fun time even when it's not. Some of my fondest memories are playing mario party 5 with my friends.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I can't believe it, guys... SNAKE IS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER IN XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X!

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

D

Deleted member

I beat Xenoblade Chronicles: X. I would be careful about fighting the final bosses if I were you all...

Of course! There are many hurdles you have to go through to recruit Snake but in the end, it was worth it!
Do these hurdles involve an Internet connection and the BLADE Terminal? :p

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
And then I rolled a 1

#MarioParty3 #SALTYPARTY
Oh, are we talking about salty Mario Party experiences?

Because I have a little* story to tell from last night... :p

The game took place on Shy Guy's Jungle Jam, one of the less annoying maps in the game. Things started off simple enough; the Star was put way off near the mid-left part of the map, so we had a trek ahead of us. I won the first roll, so I got to move first. We eventually spread out amongst the first straight path before reaching the intersection, where things started to get complicated.

I landed on the space right before the intersection, while the person playing as Waluigi landed on the mushroom space right behind me and got a Mega Mushroom. I decided I didn't want to get squashed and took the path that led away from the star and towards the nearest Item Shop, hoping to get something good with my Minigame earnings. Afterwards, each player made their roll, headed down the path leading to the Star, and each of them landed on the exact same Battle Space, meaning we had to play three separate Battle minigames in a row. One of those being...

A game entirely dictated by luck and explosions.

Things got intense with that one. I and Waluigi were knocked out fairly early, leaving just DK and Yoshi with just three switches. Time and time again, they both kept pressing two of the three switches and coming out unscathed. I swear, it must have been going on for six-seven rounds before one of them finally blew up. You wouldn't believe how much screaming there was.

And all for about 10 coins total. :p

Fortunately for me, I won the other two minigames (along with several normal games), so I had quickly amassed a small fortune while the others were still short a few coins. Using my earnings, I was able to purchase the best item the shop had to offer: a Chomp Call, which lets me move the Star at will to a different random location.

The game continued pretty normally for a bit after that (although someone else landed on a Battle Space again during that time). Eventually, the other three players were within a dice roll of the Star, so I pulled out the Chomp Call against the warnings from the others that I could just move the Star closer to them.

Indeed I did. I ended up putting the Star directly behind them. :estatic:

Unfortunately, I was still making a circle around the map, so I was nowhere near claiming the Star for my own.

Next turn started up, and Waluigi got to the Item Shop, and made the rather interesting choice of purchasing a Gadlight. Meanwhile, Yoshi began his own little series of misadventures with the board's Happening Spaced. Three times throughout the game, he landed on the spaces where he would give either a fun or sad wish to a stone statue, who would judge his wish accordingly. All three times, he made a fun, happy wish. All three times, his wish brought down judgement upon the board.

Eventually Waluigi made it back to the Star before I could reach it and claim it for his own, putting him in the lead. The next two Stars, unfortunately, were claimed by Waluigi and DK, putting me in almost dead last.

And then it happened that I landed on a Bowser Space, which resulted in, what else, but a Bowser Game. Specifically...

Balloon of Doom. A game where each player takes turns using Ground Pounds to inflate a balloon a certain amount. Whoever pops it pays the price of the game.

The Balloon proved to be quite resilient, taking about two rounds of us Ground Pounding it before it reached a near popping point. I managed to get it near maximum size before handing it off to the remaining three players. Waluigi and DK were smart enough to use the smallest ground pounds possible to keep the balloon from popping...

But Yoshi didn't. He used a full ground pound.

And it didn't pop. But it popped for me.

And so I lost half of my 150+ fortune.

Fortunately, amongst further Battle Minigames and one very special Lucky Minigame (where everyone got three times the amount of coins they'd normally earn... On a coin collecting Minigame, no less), I managed to regain much of my fortune and get to an item shop and purchase a Boo's Crystal Ball, which I could use to at least steal a Star from DK.

But with him right on my trail, he got to the Item Shop next turn and bought a Gadlight to protect himself. So here I was, stuck with a Crystal Ball that I couldn't use on anyone for a Star.

At this point, we were nearing the end of the game. The last five turns ended up giving a x2 multiplier to all the blue and red spaces, making everyone even richer than we already all were (Waluigi in particular was giving my accumulated fortune a run for my money [pun not intended]). Things weren't looking pretty good for me...

Until, right in front of a mini pipe, I landed on a space that gave me a Mini Mushroom. Using it, I was able to reach a Boo House on the last turn, using it and my Crystal Ball to hit Waluigi twice, taking out his Gadlight and stealing a Star from him in the process.

At this point, things were tense. I, Waluigi, and DK all had one Star. Waluigi had more coins than me at the end. It all came down to the distribution of the three Bonus Stars: one for whoever won the most minigames, one for whoever earned the most coins overall, and one for whoever landed on the most happening spaces.

The Happening Star obviously went to Yoshi, the only one to have landed on any Happening spaces all game. And luckily for me, I won the Minigame Star, despite Waluigi and DK being top tier button mashers. So it all came down to the Coin Star, which was definitely between me and Waluigi. Both of us had collected and extremely large number of coins across the six or so Battle Minigames and the number of mingames we won on our own. If he got the Star, even though we'd be tied for Stars, he'd beat me out with this total number of coins at the end. If I got the Star, I'd maintain my lead and claim victory. Everyone was on the edge of their seats waiting to see who got the most coins.

And then...

"Well, looks like we have a tie, folks!"

Waluigi and I, in perhaps the most unbelievable turn of events I've ever seen in a game of Mario Party, had earned the exact same number of coins by the end of the game: 188.

As a result, we were both rewarded a star, putting him at 2 and me at 3.

His screams were so loud, our RM had to come and check on us.

He's sworn never to play Mario Party again.

And that's the story of the best game of Mario Party 4 I've ever played. :estatic:

*Understatement

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The Classes:
Soldier: uses machine guns promotes to Gunner(similar to FE Soldier)
Bandit: uses pistols/revolvers promotes to Spy(similar to FE Myrmidon)
Fighter: uses shotguns promotes to Commando(similar to FE Fighter)
Medic: uses heal pack promotes to Doctor(similar to Priest)
Bomber: uses grenades(frag, concussion, anti tank) promotes to Grenadier(similar to mage)
Captain: uses pistols/revolvers promotes to Colonel and gains grenades.
Pilot: uses machine guns, air unit promotes to Paratrooper(similar to Pegasus Knight)
Rifleman: uses rifles promotes to Sniper(similar to archer)
Pyro: uses flamethrower promotes to Arsonist
Driver: uses pistols/revolvers promotes to Operator gains rifles(similar to Cavalier)
Tanker: uses shotguns promotes to Neo Tanker(similar to knight)
Anti- Air: uses shotguns prmotes to Predictor(similar to archer)
Chopper: uses shotguns promotes to Copter(similar to Wyvern Rider)
APC: doesn't equip can pick up and transport land units promotes to Rig which can equip heal pack
Mech: uses RPGs prmotes to Rocketeer.

:p

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Been getting back into the groove of using Robin again and not gonna lie, up throw into a tome thrown upwards is the funniest kill setup i've ever seen LMAO

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Nah Nah
I just SD myself something like 20 time, it never happen to me such suicide instict :(, but still pretty good matches, GGs

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm that friend. I'm very good at Mario Party (or at least as good as you can get with the small skill window the games have). Like I'm able to make huge comebacks when I'm far behind usually from a mix of my skill and luck from difference spaces and get/keep the lead from those same reasons. My success rate is higher in the older ones than the newer ones but I win more often than I lose regardless. The main reason I usually lose is getting screwed over from bonus stars actually.

I'm a huge Mario Party fan so I'm always down to talk about it. This applies to everyone so if anyone wants to chat about the games, let me know.

I'm usually pretty lucky in Pokemon. Most of my bad luck happens in the main game where it's not as important so that's pretty good for me. :076:
I'm the total opposite.

I start out pretty decent until the 'fall' happens.

I start falling back and decide to just be an asshole and start screwing people over. And I start a comeback most cases due to chance time but it's too late and I end up in 3rd or2nd place

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Curious since it just went live yesterday, anyway watch the Blade and Soul stream? Or is going to play the game? I'm gonna try it out, downloading it tonight!

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Curious since it just went live yesterday, anyway watch the Blade and Soul stream? Or is going to play the game? I'm gonna try it out, downloading it tonight!
My hype for it died a while ago when they took forever to finally localize it.
...Not to mention the fact my computer probably can't handle it.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
It's a mmorpg that went live in NA and EU yesterday.
http://bladeandsoul.gamepedia.com/Blade_&_Soul_Wiki
heard about this actually, saw a suspicious amount of well-known smash players tweeting about it so i assumed they were being paid or something :v
are you advertising too Milo???????

im gonna try downloading it now, highly doubt my 2007 Mac laptop will be able to run it though :ness:

i do want another game to play, especially on my laptop. But not much runs on it and I'm not in the mood for a RPG which is usually what I emulate on it (Mother and FE mostly)
Anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking of buying the newest Hatoful Boyfriend installment but then I realized it's a Christmas special and I still kinda have the post-Christmas blues :shyguy:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Am I the only one who is hating chapter 10 part 2 boss fight. I've only tried it once and I immediately knew I wasn't going to end well for me.

So pokken is looking radder by the secod now
If the Eeveelutions are announced to be playable, then I will definitely get it.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Am I the only one who is hating chapter 10 part 2 boss fight. I've only tried it once and I immediately knew I wasn't going to end well for me.

Nope. Beat it on the first try. Wanna make it so that the boss goes from cheap to complete joke (no guarantees on making it less time consuming, though)?

- Get a fourth party member.
- Get your party to Lv 40 or higher.
- Have everyone in Skells and have at least two of them equipped with G-Busters (4 for the overkill)
- Make the spinning discs on the boss' 4 legs your top priority and destroy those first.
- Go to town on the boss.
- Profit!

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Nope. Beat it on the first try. Wanna make it so that the boss goes from cheap to complete joke (no guarantees on making it less time consuming, though)?

- Get a fourth party member.
- Get your party to Lv 40 or higher.
- Have everyone in Skells and have at least two of them equipped with G-Busters (4 for the overkill)
- Make the spinning discs on the boss' 4 legs your top priority and destroy those first.
- Go to town on the boss.
- Profit!
Well then there are two problems there.

1) no one in my party is about level 40 (heck, my guy isn't even up to level 35)
2) When i entered the cutscene zone, i was in my skell. Then when the boss fight started, I was out of it 9no surprise) but then i couldn't find it again.

Top Bottom