• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Genesis 3 was amazing. I've never been so motivated to play and get better at smash 4, especially with Marth (bless Pugwest). Especially since i'm registered for Pound VI already and soon Smashcon, Pretty exciting year ahead.
Earth and Rain are the best japanese Smash 4 players in this whole tournament.
yeah, Ranai is the worst! :^)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Ryu's and Little Macs was the most hype
I dunno, I felt like all the leaks took a lot of the edge off Ryu's reveal for me. As for Mac, I was more or less indifferent. Robin, though, blew the whole Gematsu leak and #MonadoMonday junk out of the water in one shot, and it was amazing (plus having :4falcon: always helps).

D

Deleted member

**** THE REXOSKELL

That boss took me hours yesterday and I couldn't defeat it...
I was just so angry and depressed from how difficult that fight was. I won't blame you if you want to recruit a BLADE to do the work for you... because that's what I did.
Oh! And make sure that you have 65% in Cauldros! If you did a certain chain of sidequests, something good will happen!

Ryu's and Little Macs was the most hype
Robin has the best trailer in terms of quality and just explaining the character and his mechanics. Shulk, Ryu, and Little Mac also had pretty enjoyable trailers as well.
Though, I think the most hype for me was Cloud's trailer. Personally, it came around a good time since I was playing FF6. I also liked it because of how unexpected it was... I mean Cloud Strife is in Smash Bros.? Who could have predicted that? And it wasn't even leaked, too! t didn't even play FF7 yet and I was hyped for his announcement.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

I was just so angry and depressed from how difficult that fight was. I won't blame you if you want to recruit a BLADE to do the work for you... because that's what I did.
Did the BLADE Scouts actually help or did the Rexoskell laugh at your attempt and murdered your entire team.

Oh! And make sure that you have 65% in Cauldros! If you did a certain chain of sidequests, something good will happen!
Why do you think I'm even doing this quest? If I hadn't looked her up, I would have never bothered to find her in Noctilum after finishing her first quest.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
How's it going Tacticians? Anything new in recent developments?
Nope, nothing new. Still, probably was a blast at G3, and congrats for @Raziek despite his losses.

On the XCX front, Wir Fliegen is starting to become my favorite tune. My Overdrive extensions are getting better and longer and now some of the nastier beasties succumb to my might (I'm coming for you Telethia, just you wait!).

On another note. Kotor Kotor , it appears your magenta paint has come off.

D

Deleted member

Did the BLADE Scouts actually help or did the Rexoskell laugh at your attempt and murdered your entire team.

Why do you think I'm even doing this quest? If I hadn't looked her up, I would have never bothered to find her in Noctilum after finishing her first quest.
I only recruited one BLADE Scout and it was very helpful. It had a setup like this:
Longsword with Duel Guns
Blossom Dance, Tornado Blade, True Stream Edge, Rising Blade, Offensive Stance, Zero Zero, Primer, and Ghostwalker.
They also had the Skills Core Crusher, Fast Forward, and Supreme Sword.
Basically, this character easily gained AP and could get into Overdrive over and over again. Offensive Stance would help Tornado Blade gain AP while Primer and Ghostwalker would nullify Offensive Stance's weaknesses. It's honestly a good set.
Other than that, I would say search for a level 60 character. Hopefully you will get a good one... I dunno if you can look at their Arts and Skills prior.

OK. I was just making sure. I didn't know she was playable after doing that sidequest. Honestly, some of the sidequests proceeding that one are painful, including this one. Thankfully, you can murder the Exoskell with your own afterwards.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
On another note. Kotor Kotor , it appears your magenta paint has come off.
There are more important things to worry about than the Pranked status! Like the Rexoskell!

Why! Why forbid us from bringing in our skells! It would have been over in a minutes but nooooooooooo, they're forcing us to fight on ground against a level 50 skell that stuns my team.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Genesis 3 was amazing. I've never been so motivated to play and get better at smash 4, especially with Marth (bless Pugwest). Especially since i'm registered for Pound VI already and soon Smashcon, Pretty exciting year ahead.

yeah, Ranai is the worst! :^)
Wish he bested ZeRo still

Robin has the best trailer in terms of quality and just explaining the character and his mechanics. Shulk, Ryu, and Little Mac also had pretty enjoyable trailers as well.
Though, I think the most hype for me was Cloud's trailer. Personally, it came around a good time since I was playing FF6. I also liked it because of how unexpected it was... I mean Cloud Strife is in Smash Bros.? Who could have predicted that? And it wasn't even leaked, too! t didn't even play FF7 yet and I was hyped for his announcement.
I personally think Megaman had the best trailer, just because of how awesome it was

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
But I'm the only who didn't have any trouble fighting the Rexoskell? I mean, it wasn't so difficult, yeah it have a decoy that allow it to evade 150 attacks but still...
And on a side note, one of it's pieces is needed for crafting every lv.60 skell, so have fun farming it :colorful:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
*A month until Fates release*

And yet the place holder price for the special edition for me is still at $200, while you Americans get it for only $80.

Really really unfair.

The first is in the Industrial District just before the West Gate. It shows up in the afternoon.

The second is near the Water Plant (east side) in Residential. It shows up at night and you need to have a cat in the Barracks.

The third is in Commercial, a little further up the road from the hotel on East Melville. It shows up in the morning.

The forth is on the Ma-non ship's starboard side, left of the entrance into it. It shows up in the evening.

The fifth and final one is in the Barracks and it appears at night.

Note that you need to have the appropriate affinity level in order for them to appear (1 full heart = 1st Hth, 2 full = 2nd, etc.).

As for your second question, you CAN, but it would be easier just to search up the locations.

Hope this helps.
Yeah it does. Thanks

:135:

Nah

Smash Champion
Why! Why forbid us from bringing in our skells! It would have been over in a minutes but nooooooooooo, they're forcing us to fight on ground against a level 50 skell that stuns my team.
And on a side note, one of it's pieces is needed for crafting every lv.60 skell, so have fun farming it :colorful:
....well this sounds like something I'll not be looking forward to but will have to do anyway

How many chapters are in the main story btw? I cleared chapter 9 yesterday and am starting to wonder roughly how close I am to the end.

DialNouns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NiallDownes95
I was ready to go to bed after 3am GFs for Smash 4, but then I got caught up in the melee hype and stayed up till 7am.
Genesis has destroyed my sleep cycle.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Two things. One, there's a second phase...

Two: WHY THE **** IS THERE A GIANT FLOATING FISH CONGENITALLY PLACED ON TOP OF THE REXOSKELL!?

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Genesis 3 was amazing and let me tell you, if you missed it, you missed out on seeing some of the closest matches to date. Even though both the titans of Melee and Smash 4 defended their titles yet again, the matches were still amazing. I feel like the community's perception of Rosalina players may have hopefully improved. Hopefully 2016 brings a new wave of excitement!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
It's over! It's over! Rexoskell is down! Rexoskell is dead! Thank you, Seb, Shulk, and Aversa! I will never forget this battle! Godspeed!

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
People definitely have a much better view on Rosalina after Genesis. Commentators commented on it themselves, Dabuz made her look incredibly fun to watch/play, and without a doubt he was the crowd favorite in Grand Finals, and just top 8 overall.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
People definitely have a much better view on Rosalina after Genesis. Commentators commented on it themselves, Dabuz made her look incredibly fun to watch/play, and without a doubt he was the crowd favorite in Grand Finals, and just top 8 overall.
Dabuz=The Rosalina Savior

D

Deleted member

Have the Genesis 3 matches uploaded yet? I couldn't watch GF because I was busy last night. :c

D

Deleted member

Likely later today or tomorrow
Nice. I'll definitely look out for them this week.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT WHAT ISAI DID IN SMASH 64 TOP 8 THOUGH? THAT DOWN AIR MADE ME ABSOLUTELY LOSE IT.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hmmm... I'm trying to figure out for my fire emblem styled advance wars reboot how the apc class could work and gain exp

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I scouted Mia from Fire Emblem to help me get my Cauldros survey rate to 65%. So far, it's sitting at 61.41%.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
The external hard drive I got for my Wii U is a pain in the ass. It keeps making my screen say that it's disconnected every time I either start up the system, go to system settings, or even try to boot up XCX (which it is stored on). I'm thinking about calling Nintendo Support since I can't find anything troubleshooting info online on how to fix it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys, can I get an honest answer from you.

Is it bad that I used my Skell to complete chapters 7 and 8?

I feel like I should have done the chapters without it (since in the cutscenes there is no sign of it) but after seeing the bosses, I knew that if I did them without me Skell, i'd have died so many times before completing it.

Also, hypothetically, if my Skell gets destroyed, do I have to repair it (and how) or do I have to buy a new one (and how)?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also, hypothetically, if my Skell gets destroyed, do I have to repair it (and how) or do I have to buy a new one (and how)?

You have a QTE to perform.
If you perfect it then you don't cough up on Skell insurance. You just go back to the barracks at your earliest convenience and access the customisation terminal.
If Skell insurance runs out then you have to cough up lots of money to get it back at the barracks.
Otherwise you go to Armory Alley's main terminal to buy a frame and gear for it.

Last edited:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
The external hard drive I got for my Wii U is a pain in the ***. It keeps making my screen say that it's disconnected every time I either start up the system, go to system settings, or even try to boot up XCX (which it is stored on). I'm thinking about calling Nintendo Support since I can't find anything troubleshooting info online on how to fix it.
I'm expecting my Y-Cable to arrive soon and im slightly scared my external will do this to me.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Is it bad that I used my Skell to complete chapters 7 and 8?

I feel like I should have done the chapters without it (since in the cutscenes there is no sign of it) but after seeing the bosses, I knew that if I did them without me Skell, i'd have died so many times before completing it.
Nah, it's just easier to do the rest of the game in Skell mode. None of the cutscenes ever actually show your Skells, so don't worry about that. For most bigger bosses (which you'll be seeing a lot of from here on out), you pretty much need to be in a Skell (and probably also have Skells for your entire party as well), unless you grind for ages and are really over-levelled with broken equipment, Arts, and such. Also, you should probably be in a level 30 Skell by now, if you aren't already (basically, just use the free one to learn the ropes, and then move up to the bigger level 30 ones as soon as you can).

All Skells, when new, come with three uses of Skell insurance. If you lose your Skell (and fail the B-button prompt that appears when it's destroyed), your insurance count goes down by one, and your Skell is replaced free of charge, the next time you visit the customisation/hangar terminal in the Barracks. When your Skell's insurance runs out, you have to pay a fee to have it repaired (which gets quite expensive).

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I'm expecting my Y-Cable to arrive soon and im slightly scared my external will do this to me.
After looking up info, looks like I'll need one.

Why my external drive didn't come with one is beyond me...

Top Bottom