• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Friendly reminder, if you're organizing WiFi friendlies, I recommend moving the conversation out of the social once you've found someone to actually play. Saves the problem of double posting.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Merry (belated) Christmas everyone! Seems like everyone here had a good Christmas, so that's good. :)
Here are my late Christmas presents to everyone. And by Christmas presents I mean images from a long time ago that I found on my computer and thought they would be funny to share.

So I don't know if any of you saw these before, but around the time when Smash for 3DS was about to release, people were getting their family members/loved ones who didn't know much about video games to try and recognize the roster. I got my sister and my dad to participate, but I never really posted this anywhere.

Some of the characters are missing because this was before release, but the hilarity of some of their guesses are still there. Hope you guys get a kick out of this.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Merry (belated) Christmas everyone! Seems like everyone here had a good Christmas, so that's good. :)
Here are my late Christmas presents to everyone. And by Christmas presents I mean images from a long time ago that I found on my computer and thought they would be funny to share.

So I don't know if any of you saw these before, but around the time when Smash for 3DS was about to release, people were getting their family members/loved ones who didn't know much about video games to try and recognize the roster. I got my sister and my dad to participate, but I never really posted this anywhere.

Some of the characters are missing because this was before release, but the hilarity of some of their guesses are still there. Hope you guys get a kick out of this.

:4greninja: - "She Devil" and "Nimrod"? :rotfl:

Thanks for sharing, this was great for some laughs! Now I'm off to go play some Legend of Marsha: Tri Force Heroes.

Edit - Saw this and had to share!

Last edited:

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
LevinViolin LevinViolin Little White Bill LOL
Your dad did get a good guess at Power Suit Samus' gender though considering he's uninitiated
also Mark is weirdly close too!

Oh I'm sorry about the triple posts Raziek Raziek OTL
MY B

DialNouns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NiallDownes95
In an effort to determine why I'm so bad against robin I've decided to temporarily(?) pick up the character.

If anyone wants to wreck a bad robin, I'd be glad to play.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Don't listen to them, I'm one of you. I have zero ulterior motives.
I'm playing with Nah Nah at the moment but if you'd like some help in the matchup we could help each other out at some point. I'm not amazing by any chance though so you may even beat me :3

DialNouns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NiallDownes95
I'm playing with Nah Nah at the moment but if you'd like some help in the matchup we could help each other out at some point. I'm not amazing by any chance though so you may even beat me :3
Whenever you're free, I'd be glad to.

Apologies in advance for terrible Irish internet.

Last edited:

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Whenever you're free, I'd be glad to.

Apologies in advance for terrible Irish internet.
I'll send a request now if you want a couple matches? I can't stay too much longer though but we can have some another time anyways if you're still up for it afterwards.

DialNouns

Smash Cadet
NNID
NiallDownes95
I'll send a request now if you want a couple matches? I can't stay too much longer though but we can have some another time anyways if you're still up for it afterwards.
Turned off smash before seeing this like a big stupid. We can leave it till next time.
I'll likely doing absolutely nothing this week, so I'll be online a lot

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Turned off smash before seeing this like a big stupid. We can leave it till next time.
I'll likely doing absolutely nothing this week, so I'll be online a lot
That's fine. Looking forward to some good fights in the future :)

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
In an effort to determine why I'm so bad against robin I've decided to temporarily(?) pick up the character.

If anyone wants to wreck a bad robin, I'd be glad to play.
Well knowing your enemy is half the battle honestly so it's not a bad idea.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212

Do you know where you can get an empty one of these? Wouldn't mind asking my mum to try this out lmao

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
I'll appreciate that. Sorry to take your time off :/
It's no problem! I also totally forgot how much time I actually spent scaling images of the characters haha.

Anyways, here's a blank updated version with all of the characters.

and here's a direct link to the image if you want that instead.
Happy quizzing!

EDIT: OH my goodness I forgot Bayonetta. I was going to put her on like three or four times, but put someone else on instead. :facepalm:
EDIT 2: OK I fixed it, Bayonetta's now on there. :kirby:

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
So due to it ACTUALLY snowing for once this year (lightest Minnesota winter ever, not that I'm complaining), me and my sister have to postpone our after-Christmas visit with our dad and grandma, meaning our Christmas is getting extended a bit! Sure I already know what we're getting ($$$$$) which is perfectly fine with me, since I'm planning on putting it all towards getting a PS4.

Also, I had to share this hilarious little poem my younger sister came up with!

"All of these Christmas presents under the tree,
when all I really want is Kingdom Hearts 3."
It still hasn't snowed much at all this year.
The only time I remembered it snowing where I live was when I went to my tournament.
(And I didn't bring my computer to my Grandparents' house so I have to rely on mobile)

And that poem is perfect.

Nah

Smash Champion
I'm fine with it being a mild winter and it not snowing here yet. I don't like the cold or the snow.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
It's no problem! I also totally forgot how much time I actually spent scaling images of the characters haha.

Happy quizzing!

EDIT: OH my goodness I forgot Bayonetta. was going to put her on like three or four times, but put someone else on instead:facepalm:
I going to take a swing at this, but since I'm typing this on my phone, it's going to be text only.

From top left to bottom right:

Mareeo
Weegee
Bozo
Pauline
Expand
Shoehorn
Cpt. Falcon's dad (remember this joke?)
Mini DK
Zelda
"Who left this trash lying here?"
Ninja guy
Chibi Zelda
Kermit
Kirby
Metroid (eh fites aleins and doesn't afraid of anything)
Someone's fantasy?
Green dino
Kirby
The Penguin
Girl Marth
Cat thing?
Star Fox
Pikachu
Charmander
Hong Kong Phooey
Magic Marths
Racer guy
Birdman
Marth (I think)
Buff Marth
Angel guy
Spaceman
Sanic
One of them Greek goddesses
Baby Bowser
Obligations
Pac Man
Little boy
Rocky
Jump 'n shoot
~Lets get physical! Physical! C'mon lets get...~
Fire Marth
Biker **** Dastardly
Black guy
Knight Kirby
Banjo & Kazooie
Wall-E
Another little boy
Dennis the Menace
Doctor Mareeo
OC, do not steal.
Marth?
Karate guy
That guy from Final Fantasy
Dragon Marths: Invokers of salt

And not present: Controversy

Do I win?

I'm fine with it being a mild winter and it not snowing here yet. I don't like the cold or the snow.
Same here. In fact, I've gotten so used to the cold, I can go outside in a tshirt and shorts and be completely fine.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I going to take a swing at this, but since I'm typing this on my phone, it's going to be text only.

From top left to bottom right:

Mareeo
Weegee
Bozo
Pauline
Expand
Shoehorn
Cpt. Falcon's dad (remember this joke?)
Mini DK
Zelda
"Who left this trash lying here?"
Ninja guy
Chibi Zelda
Kermit
Kirby
Metroid (eh fites aleins and doesn't afraid of anything)
Someone's fantasy?
Green dino
Kirby
The Penguin
Girl Marth
Cat thing?
Star Fox
Pikachu
Charmander
Hong Kong Phooey
Magic Marths
Racer guy
Birdman
Marth (I think)
Buff Marth
Angel guy
Spaceman
Sanic
One of them Greek goddesses
Baby Bowser
Obligations
Pac Man
Little boy
Rocky
Jump 'n shoot
~Lets get physical! Physical! C'mon lets get...~
Fire Marth
Biker **** Dastardly
Black guy
Knight Kirby
Banjo & Kazooie
Wall-E
Another little boy
Dennis the Menace
Doctor Mareeo
OC, do not steal.
Marth?
Karate guy
That guy from Final Fantasy
Dragon Marths: Invokers of salt

And not present: Controversy

Do I win?

Same here. In fact, I've gotten so used to the cold, I can go outside in a tshirt and shorts and be completely fine.
Who do you think you are... A Canadian?

UmbreonMageBrando

The Quiet One
NNID
Megaman648

Happy quizzing!

EDIT: OH my goodness I forgot Bayonetta. I was going to put her on like three or four times, but put someone else on instead. :facepalm:
EDIT 2: OK I fixed it, Bayonetta's now on there. :kirby:
Mine went from a quiz to a Honest Trailer naming session

EDIT: the pic isn't showing here's a link to it.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The way you word it makes it sound like it's more than a fluke.

There's not really anything to suggest it wasn't just a fluke. :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The way you word it makes it sound like it's more than a fluke.

There's not really anything to suggest it wasn't just a fluke. :p
In a game where it's possible to control up to 7 characters with one controller via glitching I have a hard time believing in flukes at this point. :p

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
In a game where it's possible to control up to 7 characters with one controller via glitching I have a hard time believing in flukes at this point. :p

At last we are truly the Street Fighter

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK

Couldn't help but think about this the entire time...

Me and @Izayoi have actually run into people who try to control 2 characters at the same time in 2v2 FG. We don't fall for it though since we separate them and it ends up screwing one character or the other.

Casey Chase

Undine~
3DS FC
1521-4138-1029
My friend's cousins are over and she wants me to entertain them with Sm4sh

She told them that I was the second best Robin in the world. I'm honored but there are so many things wrong with that statement

Nah

Smash Champion
....So who does she consider to be the #1 Robin in the world then?

Good luck trying to entertain them anyway

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My friend's cousins are over and she wants me to entertain them with Sm4sh

She told them that I was the second best Robin in the world. I'm honored but there are so many things wrong with that statement
Yeah you're really the third best.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
No one's the best.

EDIT:

wtf did I just watch? xD

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
*raises eyebrow*

By process of elimination, someone has to be the best Robin.

Spoilers: It's probably me.
Because you're the only Robin aside from @Matsushi who went as far as most of would ever dream of.

Even though both of you guys will probably drop Robin for :4corrin:&

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Because you're the only Robin aside from @Matsushi who went as far as most of would ever dream of.

I don't understand how people can be so loyal to a character and then drop them for a character that isn't even out yet. We don't even know how good Corrin will be. People thought Cloud would be busted before he came out and people are already dropping him when they said they'd main him before they came out purely for his recovery.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You think your Robin could beat Nairo's Robin then?
Nairo's Robin is average as most of ours. His Meta Knight is much better than his Robin which didn't get him far.

I don't understand how people can be so loyal to a character and then drop them for a character that isn't even out yet. We don't even know how good Corrin will be. People thought Cloud would be busted before he came out and people are already dropping him when they said they'd main him before they came out purely for his recovery.
If the possibility is that they would be a massive upgrade then expect Raz to move on to Corrin and Cloud has so many converters despite having a weak recovery and most of his moves are unsafe on Shield

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
With everyone talking about who's the best Robin, this seems like a good time to bring up the fact I've been here for a week, but I still haven't fought anyone. For all we know, I could be the best Robin! The only reason Raziek won SoS3 is because I was too late to enter. :shades:

Anyone want to face the world's best Robin?
If you do, then I'm sorry because all that was sarcasm (I don't know if it was obvious enough), I'm definitely nowhere near being world's best anything. I'd still like to maybe have a few matches though.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You think your Robin could beat Nairo's Robin then?
I think it is likely. Dath has played and beaten Nairo in dittos, and I beat Dath in dittos. Dath also tells me that I would most likely win the ditto vs. Nairo. So it seems a reasonable claim to make.

You're forgetting Dath.

The list of Robin players who currently matter is: Raziek, Dath, Nairo, Matsushi.

@Mr. Johan would be on that list if he had a placing outside of his region (or at a large regional) to give me a frame of reference. Mr. II (Japan) might be on that list as well, but I don't know what kind of results he actually gets. I just appropriate and utilize the tech he posts.

Nairo's Robin is average as most of ours. His Meta Knight is much better than his Robin which didn't get him far.
If the possibility is that they would be a massive upgrade then expect Raz to move on to Corrin and Cloud has so many converters despite having a weak recovery and most of his moves are unsafe on Shield
Two things:

1) You're severely underrating Nairo's Robin. I think Dath and I are better (at Robin), but he would still slap the **** out of literally everyone else who posts in this chat just by virtue of his amazing skill as a player.

2) Assumptions that I'm going to 'drop' Robin are pretty baseless. Both Dath and I have expressed our intent to play Corrin. Both of us have said we want to dual main both characters. It's highly unlikely that Corrin would cause me to drop Robin completely unless Corrin is just bat**** busted and totally obsoletes Robin as a character.

I fully intend to play both characters, using them for matchup/playstyle swaps as needed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom