• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So stared to clear FE6. 2 chapters done.

I wept over Hector's dead too hard.

Anyway, since a'll big veterans, just asking that should I apply a patch to make Roy promote earlier than original? I've heard more than enough that he'll become dead weight during later chapters after hitting his level cap with no promotion in sight.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
i can be tharja creepy :drflip:
she's watching
waiting
I actually really like Tharja. She may be cold, unfriendly, and admittedly creepy, especially towards Robin, but her supports prove that she does care about her friends. See Nowi and Libra.

I've always liked the theory that her obsession with Robin stems from Grima things, too, since she's so in tune with dark magic.

EDIT: Also, "Yay, danger." 'Nuff said.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
she's watching
waiting
I wonder what would Tharja think after finding out that Robin's gained a few pounds, and has decided to go live on the swamp of Ylisse with his pegas- i mean Donkey with wings.
shrektician.jpg

Matsushi

True Blood
I actually really like Tharja. She may be cold, unfriendly, and admittedly creepy, especially towards Robin, but her supports prove that she does care about her friends. See Nowi and Libra.

I've always liked the theory that her obsession with Robin stems from Grima things, too, since she's so in tune with dark magic.

I wonder what would Tharja think after finding out that Robin's gained a few pounds, and has decided to go live on the swamp of Ylisse with his pegas- i mean Donkey with wings.
View attachment 48008
Oh nooooOOOOooooooo. I guess you could say Robin's swamp life... took ogre. //shot

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
What's that? My Little Pony OCs? Ok if you insist. :4sonic:
This reminds me I was actually wondering about Megaman OC's, and then I remembered most of the robot masters of the series pretty much qualify as this being creations from fans and whatnot

D

Deleted member

[excuse me for spontaneously changing my avatars OTL]
Oh my, don't get me started on the support conversations. Some of them don't even fit into a conversation! xD
I think your current avatar is pretty cool!

EDIT: Also, "Yay, danger." 'Nuff said.
I had that happen during the final boss fight against Grima.
She didn't care that she was fighting against death incarnate; it was like a waste of her time. What made me giggle even more was when she attacked and said, "Nobody loves you." even though she is attacking the evil version of the guy she is stalking.

NO! OH DEAR GOD NO!

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
So stared to clear FE6. 2 chapters done.

I wept over Hector's dead too hard.

Anyway, since a'll big veterans, just asking that should I apply a patch to make Roy promote earlier than original? I've heard more than enough that he'll become dead weight during later chapters after hitting his level cap with no promotion in sight.
My sweet prince...

Wait, there's a patch for that?:roll:
Well, if it'll make your life easier, do use it, but Roy is still kind of mediocre, really.
Even after he promoted and I fed him a lot of stat ups, he was still kinda "meh", only thing saving him were suppot bonuses and his weapon, really.
But him promoting early will make a lot of chapters easier on you, that's for sure, then go for it.

What, Pony OC's exist? No wa--

WHY.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I found something relating to the topic of ponies and Awakening, but I'd rather not get banned today.:lick:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think I'm going to take a break...

I really dislike MLP.

:231:

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Meanwhile, I searched Pacman OC's out of curiosity
[collapse=wow]

[/collapse]
I'll stop now before I lose it and I get banned
Also @Pacack

Last edited:

Elezir

CHANGE THIS TOPIC, NOW!

Let's talk about mechanics you missed in FE:A and what you want back in the new game.
The weight system is interesting, I wouldn't mind if it was back. Made using Iron and slim stuff more meaning, aside from weapon ranks.
I know I won't ever miss the fatigue system from Thracia 776, even if I have to admit it makes sense from a real life pov.
I hope weapons won't be unlimited (aside from obvious plot wepaons), but if I suppose if they make it so obtaining op stuff won't be easy, I can accept unlimited weapons.
Finally, I hope they keep the support system the same from Awakening, I really liked it.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
CHANGE THIS TOPIC, NOW!

Let's talk about mechanics you missed in FE:A and what you want back in the new game.
The weight system is interesting, I wouldn't mind if it was back. Made using Iron and slim stuff more meaning, aside from weapon ranks.
I know I won't ever the fatigue system from Thracia 776, even if I have to admit it makes sense from a real life pov.
I hope weapons won't be unlimited (aside from obvious plot wepaons), but if I suppose if they make it so obtaining op stuff won't be easy, I can accept unlimited weapons.
Finally, I hope they keep the support system the same from Awakening, I really liked it.
I remember rambling once on how I found the whole stamina system from Thracia 776 stupid and not a good way to "challenge" the player and a friend that barely played Fire Emblem called me a wuss, sometimes people that like it hard just want to ignore what's good design (and I don't think you can apply it right in a traditional FE given you are already pretty limited on raising your units). While I like the support system of Awakening as you don't have to restart the game to experience them all, I hope characters have less supports, so they focus on making those of good quality rather than simply try to fill as many possible for characters and their opposite sexes. Not that Awakening was awful about it, but some characters relations stood out as really bare

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
CHANGE THIS TOPIC, NOW!

I know I won't ever miss the fatigue system from Thracia 776, even if I have to admit it makes sense from a real life pov.
Agreed, Awakening's Support system is FANTASTIC.

Though I hope S isn't just marriage. I think it'd be cool to have S just be the closest two people can be, platonic or otherwise, and everyone else can get up to A. It always bothered me that people could have only one A support in previous games. Like, Eliwood loves Ninian, sure, but he can't marry Ninian and have Hector as his BFF at the same time?

I like Radiant Dawn's elevation system. That'd be cool to have back. Another cool thing would be the return of light magic and the magic triangle. I'm glad that pair up in If isn't just limited to the player characters, too.

I agree about the unlimited weapons. I think that'd be kindof awful. I don't see it as too likely, despite what screenshots seem to suggest. But, hey. Maybe they will use unlimited weapons and balance the game around it. As long as it's balanced to make more powerful weapons rare, I could accept it.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
she's watching
waiting
...Always orchestrating!
Celestial covering of humankind,
Perfectly hovering in space and time,
A world that turns when you're in control
Means we're bound to stand on ground that's
UNSHAKEABLE!
UNSHAKEABLE!
UNSHAKEABLE!
UNSHAKEABLE!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Weight was interesting, but it's difficult to implement properly. I think FE5 having build as an actual stat made the most sense, but that's never appeared since. FE9-10 tying it to strength was dumb and just screwed over mages. But weight in general has been gone since 11, so it's unlikely to be coming back anyway.
Fatigue can kindly stay in FE5.
Agreed on the support system (as long as they don't overdo it again), and unlimited weapons.
I'd like them to bring back the magic triangle and light magic - there wasn't any reason to remove them in Awakening.

Last edited:

Elezir

I remember rambling once on how I found the whole stamina system from Thracia 776 stupid and not a good way to "challenge" the player and a friend that barely played Fire Emblem called me a wuss, sometimes people that like it hard just want to ignore what's good design (and I don't think you can apply it right in a traditional FE given you are already pretty limited on raising your units). While I like the support system of Awakening as you don't have to restart the game to experience them all, I hope characters have less supports, so they focus on making those of good quality rather than simply try to fill as many possible for characters and their opposite sexes. Not that Awakening was awful about it, but some characters relations stood out as really bare
Honestly, I can't like fatigue system. It felt like something they just put there to make the game more infuriating than it already was. Thracia already had enough challenges to the players as it was, and they put fatigue system on top of the perm death? That was a stupid and arbitrary way to make players less likely to grind levels. (That's the only reason I imagine that the fatigue system was for)

Yeah, I hope they won't try to rush 'romance' for Male/Female units. that's what made most of the relationships seem rushed. I quite liked 'same sex' relationships because they seemed more natural.
Taking out the S support would fix that, or what @ GuyWithTheFace GuyWithTheFace said.
Well, I don't think marriage will be back, because the children units seem to be gone, but I could be wrong.
Whatever they do with the story this time, please, no more time traveling shenanigans. Hopefully, seeing the premise of the story and the author this time, it doesn't seem to be coming back.

I'd like them to bring back the magic triangle and light magic - there wasn't any reason to remove them in Awakening.
Oh yeah, the Trinity of Magic is interesting, and I quite liked Light magic. I agree there wasn't a reason to take it out, aside from time restraints, maybe.
Wonder how it will work with Ice magic added, if it's back.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
@redfeatherraven
though you'd like to see this
thanks gonintendo
Honestly, I can't like fatigue system. It felt like something they just put there to make the game more infuriating than it already was. Thracia already had enough challenges to the players as it was, and they put fatigue system on top of the perm death? That was a stupid and arbitrary way to make players less likely to grind levels. (That's the only reason I imagine that the fatigue system was for)

Yeah, I hope they won't try to rush 'romance' for Male/Female units. that's what made most of the relationships seem rushed. I quite liked 'same sex' relationships because they seemed more natural.
Taking out the S support would fix that, or what @ GuyWithTheFace GuyWithTheFace said.
Well, I don't think marriage will be back, because the children units seem to be gone, but I could be wrong.
Whatever they do with the story this time, please, no more time traveling shenanigans. Hopefully, seeing the premise of the story and the author this time, it doesn't seem to be coming back.

Oh yeah, the Trinity of Magic is interesting, and I quite liked Light magic. I agree there wasn't a reason to take it out, aside from time restraints, maybe.
Wonder how it will work with Ice magic added, if it's back.
fatigue just sounds stupid in concept for Fire Emblem, I could only see it work in something like Awakening due to the free battles, otherwise, it's just an annoying restriction there to make the game arbitrarily more hard as you won't have time to raise any units properly, imo.
Agreed, the marriage at the end of stuff like FE7 was like a nice conclusion of your characters story that has some vaguety as to how further in the future took place and possibly implies the couple went through many different events together before going to that step, in Awakening? Psha, lets just marry after a few conversations at the base.
Wholy agreed on the plot, I honestly think Awakenings one is outright bad due to it, and I don't see a reason to rexperience the story dialogue or cutscenes on replays (unlike Path of Radiance where I never get sick of it).
I wonder if we'll see spells like bolting again? If it's the case, maybe blizzard will be turned into ice magic to make it more appropiate, although I wonder if that'd make the anima triangle a square? I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I hope there's more than just a general tome tiers in If

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

CHANGE THIS TOPIC, NOW!

Magic Triangle and Monk class or equivalent.

Please and thanks.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd really like to see RD's double magic trinity return. That was one of the best things about the game, imo.

:231:

D

Deleted member

Also,

If they could somehow bring in the branching promotion system from SS/Awakening and then combine that with the three-tiered class/promotion system from RD I would be so happy.

Of course, the game would have to be really long to make that many options worthwhile, but it'd be so awesome.

IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elezir

Also,

If they could somehow bring in the branching promotion system from SS/Awakening and then combine that with the three-tiered class/promotion system from RD I would be so happy.

Of course, the game would have to be really long to make that many options worthwhile, but it'd be so awesome.

IMO.
They said each game will be as long as Awakening, so I kind of doubt that:sadsheep:
But heck if it wouldn't the epitome of awesomeness in the serie.
Well, it's still possible even if the game won't be long enough for that, if they can work with in-game passing time properly.

I wonder how the promotions system will work in this game, btw.
If Second Seals will be avalible, for example, so we can reclass characters.
Considering characters have six slots for skills this time...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it bad that I would want an FE that would just be huge?

Like, 60+ chapters (with parts!) or something.

I would have fun with that.

So much fun.

Top Bottom