• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Kamui is the big bad, Aqua is the only one capable of stopping them.

- she says, momentarily forgetting that that's basically the plot of Awakening.
I'm confused.

Edit: I also need help. I need people to start rambling off female names at random. Just throw a female name into your post and direct @ Chapter Serf Chapter Serf . Thanks!

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
You know, that is a great idea and it would definitely give plus points to the Hoshido story. Nintendo advertised Hoshidos story as more simple though so it is unlikely. So I will probably go with Nohr for the time being. And the main villain..yeah.

(So pretty)
I was thinking more of the lines of fanart...

But slapping Dio's head onto Aqua's body works just fine.

Stick some hideous mug on Aqua again like that and "St." Garon will regret it.:evil:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
It'll have to wait. I'm busy at the moment writing... The muses sing and not even FFXIV will pull me away. Though Smashboards is trying.

*Kills browser*

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm confused.
I'm referring to the fact that my idea for a twist in if is actually the same basic premise as is used in Awakening.

I didn't realise that until I actually typed it.

Edit: I also need help. I need people to start rambling off female names at random. Just throw a female name into your post and direct @ Chapter Serf Chapter Serf . Thanks!
Alice
Sophie
Marie
Jessica
Yvette
Alexandra
Nikola
Jasmine
Ophelia
Honey
Belladonna
Yu
Stacy
Róisín
Clara
Ciara
Molly
Trixie
Kiki
Ashlyn
Emma
Stella
Filia
Grace
Maxine
Chartreuse
Hope
Spring
July
Snowie
Emily
Cassandra
Bo
Wendy
Ursula
Polly
Bernadette
Gwyndolin
Nora
Alberta
Louise
Ingrid
Hecate
Morgan
Tamara
Millie
Winona
Rowan
Juliet
Katie
Mama
Violet
Xasha
Quincy
Alastra
Flora
Mitzi
Isabelle
Abbey
Gale
Trudie
Nancy
Cinnamon
Coco
Foxy
Tullagh

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Alice
Sophie
Marie
Jessica
Yvette
Alexandra
Nikola
Jasmine
Ophelia
Honey
Belladonna
Yu
Stacy
Róisín
Clara
Ciara
Molly
Trixie
Kiki
Ashlyn
Emma
Stella
Filia
Grace
Maxine
Chartreuse
Hope
Spring
July
Snowie
Emily
Cassandra
Bo
Wendy
Ursula
Polly
Bernadette
Gwyndolin
Nora
Alberta
Louise
Ingrid
Hecate
Morgan
Tamara
Millie
Winona
Rowan
Juliet
Katie
Mama
Violet
Xasha
Quincy
Alastra
Flora
Mitzi
Isabelle
Abbey
Gale
Trudie
Nancy
Cinnamon
Coco
Foxy
Tullagh

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I wonder how many you've declared war on for joining the "Garon is evil" club.
At this point?

That's probably the vast majority of the RST.

Probably the only people are those like @Raziek who only pops in every so often to make sure we're not going too far off the deep end or @S.F.L.R_9 who are more or less visitors and loyal to their own threads.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
A clever user by the name of @Saikyoshi just made the most epic caption for my avatar in the thread of the same name where you caption the above user's avatar.

I'm dying. :joyful::joyful:

Ooooooh, I frequently think, between you and me,
Of the glorious sheets of the noble tree,
Tomes ! Tomes ! T-O-M-E's ! Tomes !
My knowledge of tomes is tremendously wide,

I‟ve casted Goetia and Aversa's Night,
Elwind and Thoron and Mjölnir and Mire, Thunder and Valflame, Flux and Arcire, I‟ve casted them, broken them, used them to vanquish, archers, paladins, dark mages, and bandits,

I know everything that I need to command it,
And thinking of tomes reminds me of Sam,
Whose favorite spell is Elthunder spam!

Last edited:

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
The nerf to the Arcfire jab is puzzling. Is jab 2 just slower or less hitstun? Did they do something to jabs 1 and 2 to help the Elwind jab be more reliable and messed up the Arcfire jab in the process? It doesn't even hit Pikachu at low percents. I think it's harder to hit overall at lower percents? I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
The nerf to the Arcfire jab is puzzling. Is jab 2 just slower or less hitstun? Did they do something to jabs 1 and 2 to help the Elwind jab be more reliable and messed up the Arcfire jab in the process? It doesn't even hit Pikachu at low percents. I think it's harder to hit overall at lower percents? I'm not sure.
I've had the same issues. It's a shame since the Fire Jab was so good and reliable pre patch, but now it almost feels inferior at low percents against the fast fallers like Falcon and Sheik.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
At this point?

That's probably the vast majority of the RST.

Probably the only people are those like @Raziek who only pops in every so often to make sure we're not going too far off the deep end or @S.F.L.R_9 who are more or less visitors and loyal to their own threads.
I am a firm supporter of please stop this Saint Garon bull****.

D

Deleted member

I find St. Garon thoroughly entertaining.

He's really quite a role model.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
You know, that is a great idea and it would definitely give plus points to the Hoshido story. Nintendo advertised Hoshidos story as more simple though so it is unlikely. So I will probably go with Nohr for the time being. And the main villain..yeah.

(So pretty)
BURN THE WITCH DANCER!

Or, choke her to death, that works too I suppose.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Oh God... You people... don't you realize Marx is the real villain? Hasn't everybody here played Kirby Super Star? You fools...
I'm pretty sure that by the time we're all said and done, Lucina will be the arch-villain of the game, the Avatar will be a corpse, Captain Falcon will be the Hero, Kirby will be his sidekick and both Garon and Aqua will be left by the side of the road.

That makes sense.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!

Because I never got to do it when the reveal actually happened. :3
I don't think anyone was able to think coherently after that fateful direct. The speculation scene was turned upside down, heh. Nobody knew who/what to expect any more. :laugh:

Also: Captain Falcon hadn't looked that ridiculously awesome in ages.

EDIT: Do people here ship Garon x Ganon? Seems pretty legit to me. :denzel:

:231:

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So after continuously listening to her theme song and several covers of it, I've finally decided what I'm going to name my :4charizard: amiibo; Zinnia
Zinnia.2.png

Months later I still love her design and theme song. She feels like an actual character, and it's a shame we most likely won't ever see her again outside of the Delta Episode. Time to wait for the ORAS manga to translated, and catch up to ORAS while I wait.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's a small detail, but I love how Robin's trailer actually presented Cap as being superhumanly strong and athletic. The way he knocks back Lucina's blade with his shin and then proceeds to backflip out of the way of Robin's Elwind was amazing to watch, it really captured the spirit of the character in a way that hadn't been demonstrated outside of the actual game up to that point.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
Guys i really need help landing with Robin...any advice?
Robin is my secondary but i have issues landing and im not very good against rush down characters. I use the 3ds and would like it if a fellow robin player could teach me a few things. Also im having a tough battle with game and watch because his dash attack is just low enough to avoid my fire and he can duck all electric spells or just absorb them. Not to mention i can't beat/avoid his turtle when recovering back. then i also have to worry about the key thing. i can't even spike him because the parachute goes through the wind and smacks me instead. talk about an uphill battle...but tbh im not that great of a robin player thats why i need help :D

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I've figured out who the Big Bad will be for Hoshido. The traitor called out by Takumi. It is none other than Random Hot Guy.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Can we just take the time to stop and appreciate that Kamui's weapon is a friggin' vajra?

HYPE MAX

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Can we just take the time to stop and appreciate that Kamui's weapon is a friggin' vajra?

HYPE MAX
Wait, WHAT?

Do you have a picture?

EDIT: I just noticed it. Wow, freaking wow. I can't believe I never noticed the Vajra motif.

:231:

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
But Lucas' mother is dead...
Caught that too. Forgivable for the joke, but...there was a feel or two.
Also I may have blatantly Googled found another papercraft you may be interested in.

'lo new face, welcome.

While I'm completely useless at offering you advice on Robin per se, I could offer a reasonably straightforward rushdown character for practice, if you'd like.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure that by the time we're all said and done, Lucina will be the arch-villain of the game, the Avatar will be a corpse, Captain Falcon will be the Hero, Kirby will be his sidekick and both Garon and Aqua will be left by the side of the road.

That makes sense.
That would be the plot-twist to end all plot-twists.

Robin is my secondary but i have issues landing and im not very good against rush down characters. I use the 3ds and would like it if a fellow robin player could teach me a few things. Also im having a tough battle with game and watch because his dash attack is just low enough to avoid my fire and he can duck all electric spells or just absorb them. Not to mention i can't beat/avoid his turtle when recovering back. then i also have to worry about the key thing. i can't even spike him because the parachute goes through the wind and smacks me instead. talk about an uphill battle...but tbh im not that great of a robin player thats why i need help :D
Rush down characters in general are some of Robin's worst match-ups. From what I learned, it takes patience and zoning to take care of rush down characters. If they go all aggro, they are basically opening themselves up for a punish. Just set up your Thunders and Arcfires appropriately.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Since when were birds sexy?
When they become macho lucha libres and have one of the only dual type moves in Pokemon. I've never seen a bird flex before, but it's really impressive to watch.

And he's great for fiestas :awesome:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Matsushi

True Blood
When a unit has 1HP and the enemy has a 50 hit rate

especially when it's a character who determines whether or not it's game over. In this case, Micaiah.:emptysheep:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

especially when it's a character who determines whether or not it's game over. In this case, Micaiah.:emptysheep:
Reminds me of a story I told long ago... The story of Chapter 2-E.

Gather round, friends. Today, I shall tell you all the heroic story of Haar, the Dracoknight, and the battle of Chapter 2-E. This is, for reference, my first playthrough of Radiant Dawn, and I'm going in completely blind. I've not even played Path of Radiance.

Chapter 2-E in Radiant Dawn has a layout like this.

There are two possible win conditions. One, you can defend for 15 turns. Two, you can kill the boss. The boss is at the bottom of that pyramid towards the middle.

This chapter is frustrating. VERY frustrating. After losing it 3-4 times, I decided to employ a new strategy. Turn 1, I would send Haar the Dracoknight as close to the boss as he could get. This happened to be on the lowest "rung" of the map. There would be no relief. No other unit could reach brave Haar, he would likely die on the first turn the enemy moved. The sole purpose of this strategy was to test the strength of the enemy army. I would see what kind of damage the enemies could do, watch Haar die, then reset.

Naturally, Haar didn't die. Our brave Dracoknight had decided that the Grim Reaper could not only go to Hell, but take Lord Ludveck's rebels with him. Attacks with 80% hit rates? Miss. Misses, misses everywhere. He ended the first enemy phase not only being hit just one time, but having killed and damaged more than a few enemies. Haar was down to about 30 health of his starting 46. The boss started with 45 health, and ended at about 25 ish.

So, proud of Haar, I decided to have Elincia use a Physic to heal him. Back at full health, he continued his one man assault, knocking our dear boss enemy down to just seven health. One more turn, and the map would be won, twelve turns short of the "Defend" goal.

During the next enemy phase, it seemed as if Haar's luck was still with him. But it soon became apparent that this was sadly not the case. He took several hits and ended up with just a single point of health left. But all was not lost! The enemy had nearly exhausted all of their troops attacking Haar. Only a single archer remained to face down Queen Elincia's Angel of Death.

The archer had a 51% chance to hit. This was it. The fate of Crimea, nay, of my entire playthrough came down to a single coin toss!

Alas, our dear friend Haar fell. And with that, the player phase began, the world darker for it.

Goodnight sweet prince, and may flights of Heron Laguz sing thee to thy reset button.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

with Micaiah's ridiculous luck in RD, it's possible. You could always put Sothe at her side to trigger his skill which makes him take the damage, I think (I've actually never used it and only read how it functions by reading some minimum units run guide)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Reminds me of a story I told long ago... The story of Chapter 2-E.

Gather round, friends. Today, I shall tell you all the heroic story of Haar, the Dracoknight, and the battle of Chapter 2-E. This is, for reference, my first playthrough of Radiant Dawn, and I'm going in completely blind. I've not even played Path of Radiance.

Chapter 2-E in Radiant Dawn has a layout like this.

There are two possible win conditions. One, you can defend for 15 turns. Two, you can kill the boss. The boss is at the bottom of that pyramid towards the middle.

This chapter is frustrating. VERY frustrating. After losing it 3-4 times, I decided to employ a new strategy. Turn 1, I would send Haar the Dracoknight as close to the boss as he could get. This happened to be on the lowest "rung" of the map. There would be no relief. No other unit could reach brave Haar, he would likely die on the first turn the enemy moved. The sole purpose of this strategy was to test the strength of the enemy army. I would see what kind of damage the enemies could do, watch Haar die, then reset.

Naturally, Haar didn't die. Our brave Dracoknight had decided that the Grim Reaper could not only go to Hell, but take Lord Ludveck's rebels with him. Attacks with 80% hit rates? Miss. Misses, misses everywhere. He ended the first enemy phase not only being hit just one time, but having killed and damaged more than a few enemies. Haar was down to about 30 health of his starting 46. The boss started with 45 health, and ended at about 25 ish.

So, proud of Haar, I decided to have Elincia use a Physic to heal him. Back at full health, he continued his one man assault, knocking our dear boss enemy down to just seven health. One more turn, and the map would be won, twelve turns short of the "Defend" goal.

During the next enemy phase, it seemed as if Haar's luck was still with him. But it soon became apparent that this was sadly not the case. He took several hits and ended up with just a single point of health left. But all was not lost! The enemy had nearly exhausted all of their troops attacking Haar. Only a single archer remained to face down Queen Elincia's Angel of Death.

The archer had a 51% chance to hit. This was it. The fate of Crimea, nay, of my entire playthrough came down to a single coin toss!

Alas, our dear friend Haar fell. And with that, the player phase began, the world darker for it.

Goodnight sweet prince, and may flights of Heron Laguz sing thee to thy reset button.
I wasn't expecting the downer ending. :laugh:

Top Bottom