• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You have excellent taste. I'd stick both the radiant games at 2 though.
I would put PoR at #4, personally. I'd score it higher if it had presentation on par with Radiant Dawn's, but it's a bit unpolished as a result of being ported from the N64. The soundtrack is also not quite as good.

I immensely enjoy it, but it can't replicate the immaculate challenge FE7 HHM and RD HM offer, and Awakening tops it in the presentation department for my waifu-havin' superkid-breedin' desires.

Edit: I should add a disclaimer: Though I rank them, I think EVERY English FE is excellent save for Shadow Dragon. Shadow Dragon is ass.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Thought this was cute and figure I'd post this here because I know we have a few EarthBound-loving Tacticians:

D'awwwww, I love Jeff.

As for opinions on 7, I'm a bit of a heretic here. 7 is great, don't get me wrong, but of the three I've played, it's my least favorite. I'd go 8 > 13 > 7. Yes, I love my world maps. Sue me. I just honestly think 7 is a bit overrated in the west thanks to the nostalgia factor. :lick:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I even like 6 more than 7. While 6 is less polished, I genuinely find the characters in 6 (besides Roy) more interesting than the characters in 7 and that's enough for 6 to edge out 7 for me. However, Sacred Stones rules above both of them.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Functionally I like the game. It's the presentation that I didn't like.

Personally I loathe Masamune Shirow, his style, and his views, so having him handling my baby Marth was like a nightmare come to reality. I hate the art style for Shadow Dragon, especially after we had just came into it from the beautiful, mature, clean work they had done with Radiant Dawn. Of course the DS at the time couldn't have all those high res character portraits overlayed like that, but even the GBA's simple and cute art style would have sufficed.

And the music... oh goodness gracious it was handled so terribly.

How could any loving, caring, compassionate human being make the player listen to something like this. It's not only having to listen to this, but it's having to listen to the same six seconds all the time as you take on a hoard of enemies. Oh, you can turn battle animations off, sure, but tucking a bad song away doesn't make it less bad. Just makes it a reason why a player would ignore a feature.

With the sound track in general, even if they wanted to be true to the original, they could have done much better. In fact, the Famicom versions of the tracks are often better. It's certainly within the realm of possibility; FE12 had to work with old (granted, 16 bit) music and wasn't bad all things considered.

All that aside, the game is decent on a functional level.
The sad part about that track is that I can hear a decent (albeit repetetive) track underneath really crap soundmixing.

As far as favorite FEs go, here's a list of my favorite SRPGs instead:

11. The Dark Eye: Blackguards
10. The Banner Saga
9. FF Tactics
8. FE7
7. Radiant Dawn
6. FE Sacred Stones
5. Valkyria Chronicles
4. Path of Radiance
3. Shining Force
2. Shining Force 2
1. FE Awakening

Those lists are relatively meaningless though, as my opinion where which game should go can shift on a daily basis.
However, I enjoyed all of these games to some extend, even if I haven't beaten all of them. And I love the top 4 spots.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't celebrate Christmas myself, but IDK, I could still put on a red cap like most are doing in here so I won't stick out too much.

I have only cleared FE7 and Awakening, and tried out FE6, FE4 and am trying to do a simultaenous FE1+3-clearthrough. IMO FE7 is an amazing "My First Fire Emblem"-game due how it lets you pick up the basics and mechanics behind the series very well (Personally I enjoy it more than grind-fest Awakening).

To veterans though it might not be the worthy title to dwell on unless you want to take a deeper look on Elibe's lore (Though Lyn's Story might turn them off big-time for babying them around with things they already know).

I keep hearing Tellius-games are mighty and sweet, so I hope to try them sometime soon. Might take a while to get there though unless I get a new TV in our house.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't celebrate Christmas myself, but IDK, I could still put on a red cap like most are doing in here so I won't stick out too much.
horsetail.jpg

Your [I forget where you're from] Robin(and Clemont and whoever the guy on the right is) look so cute in those hats. maybe cuz it's the club penguin sprite but 99% of santa hats look alike so wat do i know lol

I dunno, use it if ya want. I won't fault you if you don't due to traditions and whatnot.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Huh. I just found out that Robin's Final Smash can actually hit multiple enemies thanks to the Allstar Trophy description.

That kinda makes up for it being pretty weak on the knockback and damage side, even though the area of effect around the primary target is kinda small, so the foes have to be bunched up quite a bit for it to hit more than one.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
View attachment 32054

Your [I forget where you're from] Robin(and Clemont and whoever the guy on the right is) look so cute in those hats. maybe cuz it's the club penguin sprite but 99% of santa hats look alike so wat do i know lol

I dunno, use it if ya want. I won't fault you if you don't due to traditions and whatnot.
Huhuhu, I might pick it up actually. It's cute indeed. :4palutena:

Huh. I just found out that Robin's Final Smash can actually hit multiple enemies thanks to the Allstar Trophy description.

That kinda makes up for it not being pretty weak on the knockback and damage side, even though the area of effect around the primary target is kinda small, so the foes have to be bunched up quite a bit for it to hit more than one.
Yeah, I tested that long time ago and it's pretty sweet little thing about this FS. Though TBH So can Ike. Or Greninja.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What Final Smash can't hit multiple foes at once?

Unless you count "manual" Final Smashes(:snake::4diddy::4fox::4falco::4lucario::4charizard::4sonic::4wario::4zss::4yoshi::4pacman::4pit:), virtually every Final Smash can hit multiple foes at once.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Speaking of Robin's FS, I find it hilarious that Chrom keeps looking the other way until Robin manages to land or get the Smash Ball before his victory screen in which case he looks at the "camera" when saying his line before resuming to look other way. Seems like the guy will stay salty about the true end of his glory because Smash 4 showed his true colors.

But who can blame him, after this game he is definitely buried dead because uncertainty of SMT X FE and better priority on new FE-game with potentially better lord tactician protagonist. :p

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Speaking of Robin's FS, I find it hilarious that Chrom keeps looking the other way until Robin manages to land or get the Smash Ball before his victory screen in which case he looks at the "camera" when saying his line before resuming to look other way. Seems like the guy will stay salty about the true end of his glory because Smash 4 showed his true colors.

But who can blame him, after this game he is definitely buried dead because uncertainty of SMT X FE and better priority on new FE-game with potentially better lord tactician protagonist. :p
But on the other hand, at least he'll still be in future Smash games as a final smash. Which is more than you can say for most lords.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

I have only cleared FE7 and Awakening, and tried out FE6, FE4 and am trying to do a simultaenous FE1+3-clearthrough. IMO FE7 is an amazing "My First Fire Emblem"-game due how it lets you pick up the basics and mechanics behind the series very well (Personally I enjoy it more than grind-fest Awakening).

To veterans though it might not be the worthy title to dwell on unless you want to take a deeper look on Elibe's lore (Though Lyn's Story might turn them off big-time for babying them around with things they already know).

I keep hearing Tellius-games are mighty and sweet, so I hope to try them sometime soon. Might take a while to get there though unless I get a new TV in our house.
There's nothing wrong with not doing it. Kind of like when everyone had their FE:A avatar as their avatar for a short time.
But on the other hand, at least he'll still be in future Smash games as a final smash. Which is more than you can say for most lords.
True. Even Roy, who was a playable lord in Melee, hasn't popped up (he might have been a trophy in Brawl, though- can't remember, insert :4roy: joke here).

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
who can blame him, after this game he is definitely buried dead because uncertainty of SMT X FE and better priority on new FE-game with potentially better lord tactician protagonist. :p
Please let it be Lucina. On a personal belief that there's still a story to tell in the Future Past timeline of Awakening and I don't want Lucy to be cut.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lyndis can attest to this hard, oh man. She's a plain staple on popularity now due being an Assist.

Sadly I wish we got more significant Lords of different archetypes (Elincia with lances would have been so damn neat.) so the whole "blue-haired swordsman"-thing would be overriden but there's still important protagonists of FE-games being taken to account. Sad thing there's just so few of them (Hector, Micaiah Elincia, perhaps Lyndis despite being a sword user).

Last edited:

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
I could see Lyndis working (she's practically shoved down our throats in FE and Smash) but Link already fills the Green hero with a bow thing.
Hector would have been amazing, but now I imagine Sakurai making him another Ike.

Shaymikyu

I could see Lyndis working (she's practically shoved down our throats in FE and Smash) but Link already fills the Green hero with a bow thing.
Hector would have been amazing, but now I imagine Sakurai making him another Ike.
Hector would be awesome just to give us an axe-wielding character. The only one I can think of is Villager, and s/he only uses it in one move.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Mm, as odd as it may sound I could see Micaiah as a easy to make clone of Zelda. Simply change Din's Fire animation to using a Fire tome, subtract the lightning kicks, and maybe make her faster but weaker.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Oh boy FE discussion!

While I've really only played through Awakening, FE7, PoR, and a touch of Sacred Stones along with Shadow Dragon. I would probably have to say my top three are;
1. Path of Radiance
2. FE7
3. Awakening

As much as I like Awakening, what stands out to me when I play the other games is that they have much better mission designs and map areas. The characters also feel a bit more unique and fleshed out while Awakening felt like they were kind of like a circus group. I love the fact that they have the magic circle in the others for that brought in a lot more strategy in to play. Path of Radiance also had some of my favorite characters in it like Nephenee and Marcia.

I felt a really good sense of being in a war in Path of Radiance compared to the other two. Awakening didn't hit me until I was doing the Valm arc, and FE7 I just didn't bother following the plot since ever chapter seemed to be bringing in some other new character I had to remember.

I would wonder if they'll ever remake/remaster a previous FE game using the engine for Awakening. I would so love to play either FE7 or Sacred Stones in the looks of Awakening. Though if I would anything to get remade, I'd like to try the Jugdral series I hear so much good news about. I do want to try them, but I'd like to avoid using emulators if possible.

Shaymikyu

Oh boy FE discussion!

While I've really only played through Awakening, FE7, PoR, and a touch of Sacred Stones along with Shadow Dragon. I would probably have to say my top three are;
1. Path of Radiance
2. FE7
3. Awakening

As much as I like Awakening, what stands out to me when I play the other games is that they have much better mission designs and map areas. The characters also feel a bit more unique and fleshed out while Awakening felt like they were kind of like a circus group. I love the fact that they have the magic circle in the others for that brought in a lot more strategy in to play. Path of Radiance also had some of my favorite characters in it like Nephenee and Marcia.

I felt a really good sense of being in a war in Path of Radiance compared to the other two. Awakening didn't hit me until I was doing the Valm arc, and FE7 I just didn't bother following the plot since ever chapter seemed to be bringing in some other new character I had to remember.

I would wonder if they'll ever remake/remaster a previous FE game using the engine for Awakening. I would so love to play either FE7 or Sacred Stones in the looks of Awakening. Though if I would anything to get remade, I'd like to try the Jugdral series I hear so much good news about. I do want to try them, but I'd like to avoid using emulators if possible.
Is Jugdral the other one where you actually get kids from your supports? That seems like it could be a good one to redo in Awakening's engine since Awakening had the child gimmick as well.

Hong

The Strongest
Poor Ness, had to go call his mom after that one.
It makes me feel.

Something about how Ness, with all his strength, his amazing powers, all the trials has overcome... is still just a kid.

Inversely I can't help but laugh at Ninten dying from an asthma attack, even though he's my favourite of the three leads.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Here's Chrom Matthew Mercer talking about Smash.

It's pretty amusing.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

It's pretty amusing.
I remember people thinking that this may have been a confirmation that (at the time "inevitable") Chrom's Final Smash would be a proposal.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
You know, I think Fire Emblem: Awakening spoiled me when it came to how a FE game should be. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the older FE games are fantastic but I've tried to get into the older games after playing Awakening and found it EXTREMELY difficult to enjoy them. I just felt like it was such a step back unfortunately and the personal connection with the characters wasn't there. I feel so bad that I can't get into them or enjoy them because of my experience with Awakening. I'm sure if I had played FE7 back in the day, I would have gotten into it but alas, I did not. Maybe I'll download Fire Emblem for the GBA from the Wii U virtual console sometime soon and give it another shot. ^_^

In regards to Robin, I didn't realize M!Robin and F!Robin was a pairing that people drew about until just recently. 0_0

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Other than Awakening, I've only played Sacred Stones and Blazing Sword.

I really need to track down a cheap copy of Radiant Dawn...

Shaymikyu

It's pretty amusing.
Honestly, that final smash almost makes me wish Chrom was a fifth FE:A character.

Still happy we got Robin instead, however.
You know, I think Fire Emblem: Awakening spoiled me when it came to how a FE game should be. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the older FE games are fantastic but I've tried to get into the older games after playing Awakening and found it EXTREMELY difficult to enjoy them. I just felt like it was such a step back unfortunately and the personal connection with the characters wasn't there. I feel so bad that I can't get into them or enjoy them because of my experience with Awakening. I'm sure if I had played FE7 back in the day, I would have gotten into it but alas, I did not. Maybe I'll download Fire Emblem for the GBA from the Wii U virtual console sometime soon and give it another shot. ^_^

In regards to Robin, I didn't realize M!Robin and F!Robin was a pairing that people drew about until just recently. 0_0

I still can't decide my opinion on this pairing. The fan art is sublime, and they'd be fun together, but what if they're alternate reality versions of each other? Or siblings?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Oh, that's been a thing for quite some time.

Robin-and-Robin.jpg

Though I think :4robinf: looks a little too "cutesy" in that picture.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I still can't decide my opinion on this pairing. The fan art is sublime, and they'd be fun together, but what if they're alternate reality versions of each other? Or siblings?
Yeah, I'm on the fence about it as well, even though the fan art is truly amazing and the pairing is pretty adorable. However, I'm not sure how that would work, especially if they happened to be siblings separated by time or some alternate reality versions like you said. And when you think about it deeply, it can get really complicated if you start talking about alternate universes, parallel universes and various other factors that may be in play with having two Robin's. Or I'm just thinking WAY too deeply about it and it's just fluff for the sake of fluff. :p At any rate, it's a cute pairing but one that I'm still not entirely sure I agree upon.

Oh, that's been a thing for quite some time.

View attachment 32093

Though I think :4robinf: looks a little too "cutesy" in that picture.
Guess I haven't been looking everywhere when it comes to Robin fan art. :4wario2:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Has anyone here ever played FE12? I hear it's a vast improvement over FE11 (Shadow Dragon) but I was curious to members' opinions.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Hey, kids, it's time to spam fan art!

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)
And finally, obligatory Best Son and Daughter.

(Source)
Would putting Robin with Robin mean getting both Morgans? Because I am okay with that.
I may be undecided on them, but HOLY CRAP they are such a CUTE pairing! X3 And if it means getting both Morgan's, I'm VERY okay with that! XD And while were spamming fan art of the Robin pairing......

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Would putting Robin with Robin mean getting both Morgans? Because I am okay with that.
I feel like those would be the most OP Morgans ever. Both statwise and adorable shenanigans wise. I'd imagine that both Morgans would try to outwit their Mom and Dad, both try to help each other reclaim their memories, or just both be silly little gooses and get into all crazy things like the perfect duo I bet they'd be.

Shaymikyu

I may be undecided on them, but HOLY CRAP they are such a CUTE pairing! X3 And if it means getting both Morgan's, I'm VERY okay with that! XD And while were spamming fan art of the Robin pairing......

Christmas fan art... My biggest weakness... Too cute...
I feel like those would be the most OP Morgans ever. Both statwise and adorable shenanigans wise. I'd imagine that both Morgans would try to outwit their Mom and Dad, both try to help each other reclaim their memories, or just both be silly little gooses and get into all crazy things like the perfect duo I bet they'd be.
Now I kind of want to see this fanfic...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ok, has no one gotten the reference I put under my location? Someone's got to get it...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

SO CUTE.

I'm starting to really like the idea of them being twins. And then we could see both Morgans interacting with one another as cousins.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
SO CUTE.

I'm starting to really like the idea of them being twins. And then we could see both Morgans interacting with one another as cousins.
The Morgan twins... cute.

But would they both have the same name? O_o

Top Bottom