• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I heard lemon sword when I first watched the trailer. Had some good time joking about it with a friend.

Anyway, back at the mains talk. I play mostly :4robinm:and :4ness:. Sometimes I play with :4duckhunt: and :rosalina:, maybe :4megaman: if I feel like it. I really like Megaman for his Final Smash.

Also, I hate the 3ds controls
It's particulary bad when I try to use PK Thunder to get back to the stage. Killed myself so many time with it it's not funny.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
My mains are Robin, Lucina, and Sonic. I also like playing Villager, Jigglypuff, Pittoo, and sometimes Kirby because they are fun.

Hong

The Strongest
Chillin will never be able to live this down.
The whole thing that boggles me:

Even if Chillin didn't get so horribly rektirinos and it wasn't a clean sweep...
Even if Chillin didn't get bodied in-front of hundreds of thousands of viewers...
Even if the exact opposite outcome happened...

... That video still would be such a massive embarrassment. I don't know. I'd be flattered if someone made a rap video for me. I'd just want to print my favourite moments and hang it on a fridge.
I still don't get it.....
"Levin" sounds like "Leffen".

Mystery solved.:4luigi:
Sudowhothough? :185:
Really, though. I wish they kept the Japanese name of "Thunder Sword". Suppose it's not so bad since they officially translated Levin to something else, in the event we ever see Genealogy of the Holy War released overseas.

Elezir

The whole thing that boggles me:

Even if Chillin didn't get so horribly rektirinos and it wasn't a clean sweep...
Even if Chillin didn't get bodied in-front of hundreds of thousands of viewers...
Even if the exact opposite outcome happened...

... That video still would be such a massive embarrassment. I don't know. I'd be flattered if someone made a rap video for me. I'd just want to print my favourite moments and hang it on a fridge.
"Levin" sounds like "Leffen".
You know what's really funny? There's even fanfic of the whole thing.
The fandom really surprises me sometimes.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Like everyone else I wasn't rooting for Leffen ... until I saw that rap video. All of a sudden Leffen became my boy.

On a different note, finally got around to playing the Code Steam demo. Must say, Lincoln's pretty boss. I mean, I already liked him before but the dude even has a mecha now. Just because he's Lincoln.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
<---Never bothered to watch the Melee stream so all he knows about it is "guy with silly frown".

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Mains: :4myfriends::4robinm: and :4zelda:

Secondaries: :4lucario::4darkpit: and :4palutena:

While I'm moderately decent with a few other characters, I usually play with them mostly for fun.

I've only recently started using a Gamecube controller and haven't looked back at the Gamepad or Pro controller since. Unlike most, I did end up liking the Gamepad, probably because it was an easy transition from the 3DS. Can't say I miss it though.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I find custom :4palutena: incredibly fun to play with. I should use her more. Makes me a little green with envy though since I wish other other characters, even Robin to an extent, had similar treatments with their customs. Would love it if, for example, one of the nosferatu customs was revamped into something like mire where she places a dark magical trap below her or something. Or if arcfire+ was just an explosion like Valflame. etc, etc.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
My mains are :4marth: and :4zss:, and secondaries are :4robinm:, :4falcon:, :4lucina:, and (to a lesser extent) :4sheik:. Been playing a lot more Robin recently though. Finally managed to pull off an Elwind spike recently. It felt good.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Now that's strategy. ;)

I should really play against you some day.
I will be looking forward to the day we exchange tactics with each other:4robinm:

Which reminds me, I found out that Zareidriel lives in my area only through finding him on a results thread from a tournament that my friend was hosting. I missed my chance to meet up with someone from these boards and I felt so salty I didn't go the the tournament after realizing that. :c

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I could KILL AVG right now...
If it pulls this stunt again, I'm ditching it for Avast.
It thought Homeworld Remastered was a virus and ****ed up my install.
Now I have to redownload the damn thing from Steam.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
It thought Homeworld Remastered was a virus and ****ed up my install.
Now I have to redownload the damn thing from Steam.
Gives out internet hug

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I see the topic of mains has resurfaced. Well nothing has changed for me. My mains are still :4robinm:, :4lucina:, and :4shulk:. These three characters will ALWAYS be my mains for SO many reasons. ^w^ It also helps that they come from my two favourite games of all time. >w<;; As for secondaries, that's still up in the air. I thought I knew who they were but I'm finding myself questioning that as I learn the insides of each and every character to they're fullest.

Pro controller though. I honestly prefer it to any other controller, even the GC controller.
Likewise. I've tried using a GC controller that one of my friends brought over for a friendly tournament we were having and I just could not get use to it. The Pro controller for me is just perfect and I've been so use to it for such a long time that it just became a natural fit for my play style.

Really? I got used to the gamepad really quick and now it feels super comfortable. But maybe i just have big hands.

Also i don't understand why does everyone seem to act like having a main means not touching the others characters ever.
I mean having favorites is only natural, but the more you know your matchups and the weakness of other characters the better you will do. And playing them yourself can really get you out of the "This character is mindless" or "This guy isn't worth it" mentality.
As did I. The Gamepad is actually very comfortable for my hands and it was extremely easy to get use to after coming from the 3DS controls. :3

Haha, I know exactly how you feel. Of course we all have our favourites who we are mostly familiar with or connect with on some level, but why should that exclude us from playing the other fantastic characters the game offers? And like you've said, if you know your opponents characters inside and out through playing as them, then your able to gain the upper hand, or at the very least, stand on a much leveller playing field. I'm also very pleased to see you mentioned that playing as other characters can get you out of those awful mind sets of "This character is mindless" or "This character isn't worth playing" or even, "Why should I play a clone character?" I've gained a HUGE amount of respect for the entire character roster simply because I've experienced every character in great detail and learned to appreciate the characters I use to ignore or didn't bat an eye to. If you want to evolve and grow as a Smash Bros. player, the best way to do so is to not limit your time with just a set amount of characters or a single character but to experience the entirety of the roster, giving each character an ample amount of play time to fully understand what makes them both good and bad.

Remember, in order to outsmart your opponent, you must always be three steps ahead. :4robinm:Unless that opponent is :4diddy:, in which case you use ever cheap tactic you can to keep the little bugger at bay from grabbing and up airing you. XD

On a more personal level, I'm excited to say that I've once again started a new play through of Awakening. It's been quite a while since I last played Awakening and I'm excited to return to the shoes, or lack thereof, of Robin and the Shepards. It's always an emotional time for me when I return to a game that I consider my favourite of all time after neglecting it for months. I suppose the best way to describe my feelings of returning to this beloved game would be through this awesome piece of fan art. <3

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I like the idea of calling the request for Robin ditto's "Exchanging tactics." It sounds much more interesting and proper.

"Would you care to exchange tactics?"

Also, I've been using my OC name Cel as a tag for Smash recently since I've gotten so attached to this character. While I'm not sure why, I think it has something to do with the fact it's my first OC character since a long time. That and it's something that was born from these boards so I feel a bit connected to it. Though I still need to figure out who I can support with around here.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
There are characters I doubt I'll ever use for more than a quick lulz. :4zelda: Mostly her.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
+1 for Avast. I dropped McAfee for it when my subscription ran out, and haven't looked back. (plus the fact that I run Linux most of the time, so it wasn't really worth it overall).

At this point, I would link to a relevant YouTube video that sums up my thoughts on McAfee antivirus, but I'm fairly certain it's not suitable for linking to on here. :p (hint: it involves Mr. McAfee himself)

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
McAfee is like Bing: If you have it (and you at all know what you are doing with computers), it was either pre-installed on your machine or snuck in there in some bundle.

I will say that Bing is one of the most epic trolling tools of our era.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
"Moldy onions!"™ For when "Drat!" seems too extreme.

But yeah, this thread tends to run a lot slower during the daytimes.

It's not too bad though, gives me time to catch up with everything I missed.

IMO Gamecube, Wii Classic Pro, 3DS and Gamepad are all usable options for Smash. WiiU Pro Controller probably works, too, but I haven't even held one of those yet.

Last edited:

Elezir

Isn't Robin Selfcest just.... uhhhh, um, y'know, the word used for playing with yourself?
Lies, both Robins are different enough with their personallity :4robinm::4robinf: So I shall keep shipping them.

McAfee is like Bing: If you have it (and you at all know what you are doing with computers), it was either pre-installed on your machine or snuck in there in some bundle.

I will say that Bing is one of the most epic trolling tools of our era.
Let's not forget about Baidu.
It's even a pain to uninstall once it has invaded your pc.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
When I visit this thread at Hong hours:

I made the thread go to hyperspeed because I needed SOMETHING to do while MH4U downloads.
@ The Merc The Merc look at my sig that's what happened to you during the whole Leffen Sword episode.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
And I will strike down upon thee with great crit rates and furious doubles those who attempt to poison and destroy my comrades.

And you will know my class is the Lord when I lay my cursor upon thee.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
For amusement purposes, The Robin Social Hunger Games!

Randomly generated, some users may not appear due to limits.

User beware: you may hate someone after this. Or you might die laughing at what happened.

And one user is a mass murderer.

hunger.png

:cheep::cheep::cheep::cheep::cheep::cheep:

Last edited:
Top Bottom