• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Ninety

Smash Journeyman
For the love of God please tell me there's a replay up somewhere.

Raziek Raziek , how bad would you say the Diddy matchup is? You played ZeRo's a while back, right?

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
I need to find a replay of that match. I've been following Mr. II on Vine for a while now, and the things he has posted on there are things I honestly didn't know Robin could do. Despite Nairo's dominance in tourneys, I've always felt Mr. II was possibly the very best Robin. So I've really got to find that replay now that he's entering tournaments.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not interested. :4cloud:
Both you and I guess ~Skelly~ ~Skelly~ are missing out on a ****load of real(enough)wrestling...but your choice(s)

Sucks to be y'all

Also, there's 5 different generations of wrestling that we had/have in the WWE

1. Golden Age Era/Hulk Hogan Era (80s-97)
2. Attitude Era (97-02)
3. Ruthless Agression Era (02-08)
4. PG Era (08-12)
5. Reality Era/NXT Era/Actual Wrestling Era (2013-Today)

We live in a time where the wrestling part of WWE actually matter more than the entertainment factor(excluding Raw, which is made for non wrestling entertainment of any sort)
I've never cared for that.
CARE DAMMIT!

team four star reference

Last edited:

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Sup Robins. Is there a Robin Discord? If so, would it be possible for me to join? I'd like to play against Robins and learn more about the character.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Congrats to Mr. II for taking down Nairo!

I'm sorry, but I can't NOT make the One Piece reference, IT'S RIGHT THERE IN THE NAME!

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Congrats to Mr. II for taking down Nairo!

I'm sorry, but I can't NOT make the One Piece reference, IT'S RIGHT THERE IN THE NAME!
I was watching pound earlier and got excited when Mr. II came on. I only saw his first few matches because something came up (and I'm upset that I may have missed the match with Nairo), but I learned from watching him that levin fair x 3 is a combo (or at least a very good follow up option) at low %s if you get the first hit reaaal close to Robin, which I had absolutely no idea existed (which I guess says a lot about how much I need to improve). Obviously I'm just excited with that knowledge alone; I can't wait to try it out.

Anyways, I have a friend who is a huge One Piece buff, and I told him about Mr. II's upset against Nairo as well as his "triple levin swords" and he said it reminded him of Mr. 2's "un, deux, trois" that he does, and suggested that I should say that whenever I get the combo. I'm not opposed to that idea.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nairo loses to a guy I've never heard of...does this mean he's out of the tournament or something(or is he just being sent to losers)?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah Nairo's totally out now. He was in losers when he lost to Mr. II
Pretty embarrassing on Nairo's part...bet he used a nerfed ZSS

Also, did ZeRo and ESAM(if they are there)use characters that weren't Shiek/Diddy or Pikachu?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I need to find a replay of that match. I've been following Mr. II on Vine for a while now, and the things he has posted on there are things I honestly didn't know Robin could do. Despite Nairo's dominance in tourneys, I've always felt Mr. II was possibly the very best Robin. So I've really got to find that replay now that he's entering tournaments.
I'm wondering. Would it be a good idea to watch the match? you know, learn stuff from it?

:135:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Been a while I posted here but I finally got around to watching Mr. II's matches in Pound. Mr. II's shield pressure is absolutely amazing! Gotta rewatch that match to take notes.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
It's great to see a Robin doing this well at a high level.

And I loved Emblem Boards and wished it was an actual theme on the site.

Anyway, I surprisingly beat chapter 10 without much of a problem. Then again, I am playing on Normal mode.
Also, how is Kaze recruited in Conquest?

Also

No wonder not many people like Hayato:troll:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Both you and I guess ~Skelly~ ~Skelly~ are missing out on a ****load of real(enough)wrestling...but your choice(s)

Sucks to be y'all
*shrugs*

Sup Robins. Is there a Robin Discord? If so, would it be possible for me to join? I'd like to play against Robins and learn more about the character.
Here you go:
http://smashboards.com/threads/robins-discord-server.425530/
http://smashboards.com/threads/using-your-master-seal-robins-discord-chat.427572/
Apparently there are are two groups, with the top link being the more "recent". Just ask for an invite and you should get one... eventually. The threads are kinda dead atm.

Anyway, I surprisingly beat chapter 10 without much of a problem. Then again, I am playing on Normal mode.
Also, how is Kaze recruited in Conquest?
Don't worry, the game gets more fun in the later chapters.

And you get Kaze on the chapter you're on now, Ch11.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
For the love of God please tell me there's a replay up somewhere.

Raziek Raziek , how bad would you say the Diddy matchup is? You played ZeRo's a while back, right?
Diddy is hard. Really hard. Not as hard as ZSS, but I think it is Robin's 2nd worst match-up and I don't play it in tourney at this point, I play Corrin/Cloud instead. Dath plays against MVD's a lot and I don't know if he's ever beaten it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
*shrugs*

Here you go:
http://smashboards.com/threads/robins-discord-server.425530/
http://smashboards.com/threads/using-your-master-seal-robins-discord-chat.427572/
Apparently there are are two groups, with the top link being the more "recent". Just ask for an invite and you should get one... eventually. The threads are kinda dead atm.

Don't worry, the game gets more fun in the later chapters.

And you get Kaze on the chapter you're on now, Ch11.
Shrug all you want...still sucks for y'all
I'm wondering. Would it be a good idea to watch the match? you know, learn stuff from it?

:135:
Watch a Pit fight instead(from whenever ago)

Ninety

Smash Journeyman
Pretty embarrassing on Nairo's part...bet he used a nerfed ZSS

Also, did ZeRo and ESAM(if they are there)use characters that weren't Shiek/Diddy or Pikachu?
ZeRo didn't attend (health issues), but ESAM went Yoshi dittos in pools to disrespect a Yoshi main.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ZeRo didn't attend (health issues), but ESAM went Yoshi dittos in pools to disrespect a Yoshi main.
Sad to hear about ZeRo(hope he gets better soon; should get the John Cena care package or whatever he uses to heal up so damn quick), and guessing this means ESAM ain't a Pikachu player anymore right?

Ninety

Smash Journeyman
Nah, he's still a Pika main through and through. He only went Yoshi once, but interestingly, he revealed his Corrin secondary against NAKAT's Ness and Ally's Mario. Offstage Counter Surge against PK Rocket killed at 44%, it was hilarious.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nah, he's still a Pika main through and through. He only went Yoshi once, but interestingly, he revealed his Corrin secondary against NAKAT's Ness and Ally's Mario. Offstage Counter Surge against PK Rocket killed at 44%, it was hilarious.
Corrin's Counter is still "broken"? Anywho, atleast Pikachu still has someone playing him and gaining success

Edit: Mewtwo High Tier Confirmed

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I can play if you're still up for it!
Edit: Also, the thread name change is good, we should keep this for a while.
Kk
I'll get a room up~

My brother also might pop in to play too~ He usually plays with the pro controller so he might be a bit blah though

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This year's Wrestlemania has been hella confusing(all the people who weren't expected to win...are winning). The Womens match was the best match of the night(could be compared to the ones in NXT).

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
GGs ~Skelly~ ~Skelly~ and Koiba Koiba !
Sorry for all the lag (at least it wasn't totally unplayable?) and also for SD'ing so many times in our team matches, that one comeback Skelly got was pretty hype.
Koiba's puff makes me jelly, I wish I could puff that well. Especially in doubles.

Ah, I can't use rust as an excuse, I feel like this is how I play normally. Hopefully by our next matches we'll all be in top form! :grin: And maybe I can get an ethernet cord so the lag won't be as bad.

But yeah GGs again! I had fun. :)

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Sorry for all the lag (at least it wasn't totally unplayable?) and also for SD'ing so many times in our team matches, that one comeback Skelly got was pretty hype.
Koiba's puff makes me jelly, I wish I could puff that well. Especially in doubles.

Ah, I can't use rust as an excuse, I feel like this is how I play normally. Hopefully by our next matches we'll all be in top form! :grin: And maybe I can get an ethernet cord so the lag won't be as bad.

That was a cool comeback, but alas, lag and me being rusty did me in. :teeth:

And Koiba Koiba 's Puff is something, it always surprises me. Good Puffs are hard to come by. Aside from her, I've only ran into one other player who plays Puff pretty well.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

tbh it wasn't that laggy though

And Koiba Koiba 's Puff is something, it always surprises me. Good Puffs are hard to come by. Aside from her, I've only ran into one other player who plays Puff pretty well.
Thanks yew 2 for the compliment~
D'aww~.gif

Levin, you can play her. Just gotta put work into it~

Top Bottom