• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Then what do you mean 'What Feels'?

Bruh, who HASN'T?
Exactly!

Mewtwo was a savage
And a freaking badass

Still get chills when the clones fight the originals.
And the Pika slap fight..... ;-;

Anyone here who's less than 20 years old, probably.

Which is more people than we probably realize.

Damn, I'm getting old...
I'm younger than 20 years. :)

#OnlyYoungOneHere

Besides Devil May Plop Devil May Plop
>:/. Mate?!

:135:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
You guys like Ace Attorney too?? It's my fav! Maya's finally back after 12 years! Or 8 or 9 years in-game time haha
This game's ganna be amazing! Two intertwining stories with Phoenix and Maya along with Apollo and Athena! With Edgeworth, Klavier, Simon(teased), Trucy, Pearl, and more, this is shaping up to be a great celebration of the anniversary and one of the best Ace Attorneys yet!

Can't help but hope and wonder about Kristoph's locks and Gumshoe though. But still! Woo!

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
You guys like Ace Attorney too?? It's my fav! Maya's finally back after 12 years! Or 8 or 9 years in-game time haha
This game's ganna be amazing! Two intertwining stories with Phoenix and Maya along with Apollo and Athena! With Edgeworth, Klavier, Simon(teased), Trucy, Pearl, and more, this is shaping up to be a great celebration of the anniversary and one of the best Ace Attorneys yet!

Can't help but hope and wonder about Kristoph's locks and Gumshoe though. But still! Woo!
Kristoph's locks are bugging me so much! Gah, I hope they explain it here.

I'm not too worried about Gummie. I kinda hope he starts working with Ema or something though.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Looks like I'm the odd one out since I could care less about AA. Ah well, at least I have FE and Smash to fall back on. :p

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Welp, Dragon Ball Super continues to be a disappointment, and not just for crappy animation this time.

Turns out that Frost from Universe 6 really IS evil, and he cheated to defeat Goku and Piccolo. So that's a total slap in the face to fans who wanted to see a good guy from Freeza's race, what a waste. And it's not even a good plot twist because it had ZERO build up or any significant payoff to the overall plot. Just a cheap "what a tweest" moment.

Oh and Piccolo getting screwed out of having a good fight scene.

*mini rant ended*

Back to the funny stuff!

Ccu5ddTUMAAolCZ.jpg

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wait.

I never said that?
Yes you did...the internet doesn't lie
Welp, Dragon Ball Super continues to be a disappointment, and not just for crappy animation this time.

Turns out that Frost from Universe 6 really IS evil, and he cheated to defeat Goku and Piccolo. So that's a total slap in the face to fans who wanted to see a good guy from Freeza's race, what a waste. And it's not even a good plot twist because it had ZERO build up or any significant payoff to the overall plot. Just a cheap "what a tweest" moment.

Oh and Piccolo getting screwed out of having a good fight scene.

*mini rant ended*

Back to the funny stuff!

View attachment 99428
That DB Super spoiler has been known for a while now(leaks)

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
March 6th is Lissa's birthday. Come, Kana. Let's go visit your great-grandma and wish her a happy birthday!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Okay, can someone here please tell me why on earth there are people in the tier discussion thread that think :4corrin: is top tier material?

I'll be honest, I am yet to play Corrin and have no idea what his character is like, but I can easily say looking at his stats, the is no way he can be top tier and not :4pit:/:4darkpit:. Heck, even :4feroy: (I know, I know, he doesn't have a chance at top tier with his weakness, I know. I don't care)

It's just so.... stupid.

Nah

Smash Champion
Okay, can someone here please tell me why on earth there are people in the tier discussion thread that think :4corrin: is top tier material?

I'll be honest, I am yet to play Corrin and have no idea what his character is like, but I can easily say looking at his stats, the is no way he can be top tier and not :4pit:/:4darkpit:. Heck, even :4feroy: (I know, I know, he doesn't have a chance at top tier with his weakness, I know. I don't care)

It's just so.... stupid.

Same as with most new characters: hype. It's a common occurrence.. Roy and Lucas were thought to be great upon release....only to drop a lot later. Ryu was once considered a shoe-in for top tier but now opinions on him are dropping lately. Mewtwo was sort of an odd case where it was bad at release but then got blessed in 1.13 and opinions are (slowly) on the rise. Cloud is really the only DLC character I can see really living up to his hype.....why they thought it was a good idea to pack good mobility, frame data, a big disjoint, and Limit Break all onto one character with his only really weakness being "he has a bad recovery....sometimes" is beyond me.

People are also a little too fascinated with Dragon Lunge and Dragon Fang Shot if you ask me.

Not that I think that the character is bad....she's certainly not. It's just that the apparent lack of reliable kill set-ups in conjunction with the kind of disappointing mobility really bothers me about the character's long-term viability. And really I'd rather think less of my character(s) than they actually are and be pleasantly surprised when/if proven wrong, rather than think of them as better than they are and then suffer the fall damage when/if proven wrong.

Also the Pits can't be top tier. As solid as they are you need to be more than that (or abusive in some way) to be top tier. High tier's not a bad place to be anyway lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Same as with most new characters: hype. It's a common occurrence.. Roy and Lucas were thought to be great upon release....only to drop a lot later. Ryu was once considered a shoe-in for top tier but now opinions on him are dropping lately. Mewtwo was sort of an odd case where it was bad at release but then got blessed in 1.13 and opinions are (slowly) on the rise. Cloud is really the only DLC character I can see really living up to his hype.....why they thought it was a good idea to pack good mobility, frame data, a big disjoint, and Limit Break all onto one character with his only really weakness being "he has a bad recovery....sometimes" is beyond me.

People are also a little too fascinated with Dragon Lunge and Dragon Fang Shot if you ask me.

Not that I think that the character is bad....she's certainly not. It's just that the apparent lack of reliable kill set-ups in conjunction with the kind of disappointing mobility really bothers me about the character's long-term viability. And really I'd rather think less of my character(s) than they actually are and be pleasantly surprised when/if proven wrong, rather than think of them as better than they are and then suffer the fall damage when/if proven wrong.

Also the Pits can't be top tier. As solid as they are you need to be more than that (or abusive in some way) to be top tier. High tier's not a bad place to be anyway lol.
Us Pitboys know they won't be top tier like in Project M(unless that's changed), but high tier is a beautiful spot for them

It's just so.... stupid.

Because Fates?
Oh my, would you look at the time! These scales need some tipping!

Dis some good **** if I do say so myself!

So? It's still a spoiler.
It depends on how you see it as a spoiler. Lately most DBZ fans don't even give a **** anymore because it's an anime with only a Japanese dub so far(it's a weird reason, but considering it's DBZ, it's okay and exceptional)

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

It's just so.... stupid.

Corrin's good, make no mistake, but they are in no way top tier material. Like Nah Nah said, they are hindered in both movement and kill options. Add on to the fact that Corrin is practically combo food, something that Sheik, Luigi and ZSS excel at.
Cloud is really the only DLC character I can see really living up to his hype.
We at the Cloud boards are currently discussing the possibility of Cloud being top 5 material after the results he got at Shots Fired. It's still too early to say but we are looking into it. Given all of his assets and his few hinderances, he has the potential.

Last edited:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
We at the Cloud boards are currently discussing the possibility of Cloud being top 5 material after the results he got at Shots Fired. It's still too early to say but we are looking into it. Given all of his assets and his few hinderances, he has the potential.
He's still got his stupidly fast sword swings (WHY THIS IS A THING I HAVE NO IDEA), but he's super punishable if he whiffs a limit.

Nah

Smash Champion
Except for limit cross slash. **** has practically no endlag for some reason.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

This is what I was thinking. Sure, Corrin has a lot of things going for him (GREAT range etc) but really in the end, he just does have the stuff to go against top tiers, like you said.

Cloud is really the only DLC character I can see really living up to his hype.....why they thought it was a good idea to pack good mobility, frame data, a big disjoint, and Limit Break all onto one character with his only really weakness being "he has a bad recovery....sometimes" is beyond me.
This i never understood. Why give Cloud all this, when characters like Link (and possible even Roy) miss out on most of these things (seriously, why is Link moves so slow? It makes no sense).

Wha? You crazy man. Pit's obvious broken :p. Nah, I actually relax like his placement. Can deal with Top Tiers, but not OP enough to make everyone salty.

Corrin's good, make no mistake, but they are in no way top tier material. Like Nah Nah said, they are hindered in both movement and kill options. Add on to the fact that Corrin is practically combo food, something that Sheik, Luigi and ZSS excel at.
#NoTopTierFECharactersforSm4sh

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

IT'S FINALLY MOTHER ****ING HAPPENING!

SHELL YEAH!

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
If there's ever another patch I want Shulk to be buffed because he's super fun to play against and all the true non-memers are going extinct which is super sad

And also his animations are kinda wonky

#BuffTheShulk

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Except for limit cross slash. **** has practically no endlag for some reason.
Which is why we use it as our go to kill move. :p

I missed the age talk

Oh well

So is everyone enjoying Fates so far~? :happysheep:
I'm enjoying it so far. Still stuck on Ch11 in Conquest and haven't touched the game in a couple of days. I should get back to playing it.

Last edited:

UmbreonMageBrando

The Quiet One
NNID
Megaman648
I missed the age talk

Oh well

So far I've been enjoying my playthrough of Birthright. I was in the middle of leveling up my units for Ch.19 until I stopped and went back to pokemon alpha sapphire to participate in a battle competition.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
How does
Azura/Aqua die in Birthright and Conquest, but not Revelations in Fates?
?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
WVW69i-NkGsO85Sp9U.jpg

WVW69i-NkSgDTpk64g.jpg

WVW69i-NkkM8mBQTIV.jpg

Well, this is entirely up to interpretation. What do you guys think Corrin was referring to?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
This i never understood. Why give Cloud all this, when characters like Link (and possible even Roy) miss out on most of these things (seriously, why is Link moves so slow? It makes no sense).
Because it's Cloud.

Everyone loves Cloud.

That's why.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I missed the age talk

Oh well

I been enjoying it so far and I'm currently on Birthright chapter 15 and have 2 of the child units (Sophie and Caeldori).

Top Bottom