• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
SO CLOUD HYPE ASIDE

LINKLE CLOSET COSPLAY TEST INCOMING

don't I make a cute Linkle :^)

(will do a proper cosplay eventually lmao)

edit: omfg I sniped the page with linkle cuteness

Last edited:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
To be fair, Sakurai stated Chrom was excluded because he wouldn't offer anything new. He would be middle in the road between Marth and Ike, which wouldn't make him an interesting character.
Cloud, on the other hand, comes from a series that would help make him standout from the swordsmen in Smash. There is a lot to do with for Cloud and the world of Final Fantasy.
Chrom would've also been predictable. Robin was more out of left field, which is what sakurai likes.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I had to break my hiatus for this.
HOLY SMOKES IT'S CLOUD STRIFE!!!???????

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
I am too lazy to look back on the thread, but damn... I am stunned. No one, and I repeat NO ONE, would have expected Cloud Strife in Smash Bros. God bless you, Sakurai.
There was actually a thread made like ten minutes before the direct on GameFaqs of people saying Cloud was going to be in smash., but no one payed attention to it until after the direct
not sure if they were trolling or not,either way they were right LOL

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I am literally speechless, how the heck was it Cloud?! DFGDSGSFGFSGSFSGFSGFSGFSGSGSFGSFGFSGSFGSGFSFSGSGS

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Cloud was really unexpected. Like over the summer I had some wierd fever dream that there'd be a crossover with Squenix and smash but I was thinking more Slime than clpoud.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys, I recommended going over to the Link social borders for a moment and just reading some of the comments there. It's actually pretty funny XD

I am literally speechless, how the heck was it Cloud?! DFGDSGSFGFSGSFSGFSGFSGFSGSGSFGSFGFSGSFGSGFSFSGSGS
Summary of this thread

:135:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I honestly think he's going to be a nice addition to the smash cast. I'm just hoping he isn't too "good" to the point where he's only played cause he's high tier. I'd hate for his image to be tattered in such a way like :4sheik:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
all the people hyped about Cloud and I'm just here not giving a single ****
not interested in Final Fantasy one bit, so this does nothing for me at all.
Yeah but, it's freaking Cloud, one of the 3d gaming era icons, you kinda have to understand that having him it's just as big, if not bigger, than when Snake was announced. Like Holy Funky Bullshrimp.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Being completely honest, one of the main reasons I'm so happy Cloud got in, is that it makes my dream of Sora getting in that much more realistic. But for now, Cloud is more than hype enough!
SO CLOUD HYPE ASIDE

LINKLE CLOSET COSPLAY TEST INCOMING

don't I make a cute Linkle :^)

(will do a proper cosplay eventually lmao)

edit: omfg I sniped the page with linkle cuteness
Oh my gosh you look so adorable!!!!

Okay, last Cloud post of the day! (maybe)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Did I forget to mention that Snake posts also get immediate likes?

Well, now you know.

D

Deleted member

what if Limit Break is a neutral B (I doubt it) and Kirby got the Limit Break Buffs?
Rip Cloud
I dunno if that would work. I'm assuming that Limit Break not only makes Cloud more powerful, but it also changes Cloud's special moves a bit (such as giving him a better recovery). I would be shocked if Sakurai and his team would go out of their way to make Kirby's specials more powerful to compensate.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I heard somewhere that Limit Break works similar to KO Punch, and builds up slowly over time. Not sure exactly how it works or if this has been confirmed or not, so don't quote me on this.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So in other -not Cloud related- news, Japan released the box art for SMT x FE

I think it looks good and I'm getting pretty excited for this actually.

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
what if Limit Break is a neutral B (I doubt it) and Kirby got the Limit Break Buffs?
Rip Cloud
v
I heard somewhere that Limit Break works similar to KO Punch, and builds up slowly over time. Not sure exactly how it works or if this has been confirmed or not, so don't quote me on this.
It has to work this way since he has four special attacks, has shown in the trailer. Plus it would stay true to FF as a game since you can only use Limit Break once every time.

Bill

BILL

BIIIILLL
I laughed at this part of the direct more than I should of. I'm surprised no one mentioned this or posted a video of it earlier. I have a feeling it will become a meme :secretkpop:

As for some of my thoughts on the direct:
- I'm happy that Fates is being released early next year, 19th February(or Fatesuary as Zantetsugun Zantetsugun likes to call it) for those who don't know AND that we are getting the special edition as well.
- Dragon Quest. Most(I assume) of you probably haven't played any of the games, but it is one of my favourite game series and I am SO looking forward to the 2 games that are going to be released next year.
- Until it was mentioned in the direct, I sorta forgot about Bravely Second: End Layer. Probably going to pick it up, hopefully it won't have a repetitive second half of the game like Bravely Default did.
- I'm undecided on Paper Jam (would of preferred a Paper Mario game with partners, but I like the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi games, so I'm tempted to get it) and FF Explorers
- Wasn't expecting the original Pokemon games to be playable on the 3DS. Anyone here going to get them? I have all 3 at home so I'm not going to.
- Finally, Cloud in Smash. Totally wasn't expecting it, but I'm a huge FF fan, so I'm happy he got in! FF7 is one of the FF games I haven't played yet. I'll probably co main him in Smash but will probably still mostly use Zelda as I've grown accustomed to using her. I'm looking forward to the Special SSB4 in December which isn't that far away!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Has anyone seen Etika's reaction to Cloud's reveal. Was it not beautiful?

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
"HEY GUYS, YOU WHAT WOULD BE AWESOME IN BRAWL I COULD PLAY CLOUD FROM FINAL FANTASY SEVEN?!?!?!? HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE" -punched by Ike-

Brawl Taunts predicted the future.

Also, LINKLE!!!!!

Nah

Smash Champion
And I must be one of the few negative Nellies here about this but as for Cloud being in Smash:
Honestly when I saw that Cloud got into Smash 4 I was like "bet I'm the only person who isn't ****ting themselves over his reveal". But fortunately it seems I'm not the only one.

Though we're still in the small minority.

I'm more hyped for the stage then I am cloud.

GIVE ME THE STAGE
Admittedly the stage is a bit interesting. Can we buy the stage separately or does it only come with Cloud? Even if that is the case I dunno if that's enough to make me buy it.

Look on the bright side. At least Cloud will have one unwinable match up.
Which matchup do you mean?

To be fair, Sakurai stated Chrom was excluded because he wouldn't offer anything new. He would be middle in the road between Marth and Ike, which wouldn't make him an interesting character.
Cloud, on the other hand, comes from a series that would help make him standout from the swordsmen in Smash. There is a lot to do with for Cloud and the world of Final Fantasy.
While he does come from a different game, that's the only thing that makes him "stand out" really to me. There's a fair bit of Ike and Shulk in his moveset it seems (Omnislash looks a hell of a lot like Great Aether), and Limit Break sorta kinda looks like a better Monado Arts but on a KO Punch-esque meter or something. I don't mind there being another swordsman in Smash, but I feel like they could've done more to make him different, and it's part of the reason why I'm not excited at all for Cloud.

Honestly right now all he is to me is another character I have to learn how to fight.

Also let's not get caught up in speculation about how good he'll be when he was just revealed. Let's not have a repeat of Roy where a lot of people were hella hyped for his announcement and everyone was like "ZOMG IT'S OUR BOI ROY AND HE'S TOTES HIGH TIER" only for everyone to see once the hype died down that Roy's not that great. Best to wait until people start playing him and he's been out for a while before we start placing him in tiers.

Someone tell me who Linkle is tho

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
"HEY GUYS, YOU WHAT WOULD BE AWESOME IN BRAWL I COULD PLAY CLOUD FROM FINAL FANTASY SEVEN?!?!?!? HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE" -punched by Ike-

Brawl Taunts predicted the future.

Also, LINKLE!!!!!

I found Xigbar's main!

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
So some shindigs happened in the Disco Room. Something about a "Cloud to butt" plugin for Google Chrome.

I went and downloaded the plugin.

I am having way too much fun with this.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Honestly when I saw that Cloud got into Smash 4 I was like "bet I'm the only person who isn't ****ting themselves over his reveal". But fortunately it seems I'm not the only one.

Though we're still in the small minority.
I know I'm repeating myself from earlier but I was mostly confused with the reveal tbh, but the confusion wore off and was replaced with optimism later on.

While I don't care for Cloud personally, he looks fun to play and that Midgard stage looks awesome. Add to the fact that he's not a ballot character but rather a nice treat from the devs.

Plus, we're getting more Smash content next month. Whether or not Cloud was your cup of tea, at least there is more stuff coming.

Which matchup do you mean?
Like with almost everyone else on the roster,:4sheik: will probably be a bad matchup because "muh top tier" but at least she isn't completly unbeatable. Cloud is likely going to have an actual unwinnable matchup with a character but it's hard to say who it is as of now.

Someone tell me who Linkle is tho
Apparently she is Link's female counterpart from what I'm getting. I'm on the same boat as you with this, I didn't flip my lid like everyone else when she was announced. I just said "Okay, cool." and continued on with the direct.

Last edited:

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
So some shindigs happened in the Disco Room. Something about a "Cloud to butt" plugin for Google Chrome.

"Butt is looking good..."
"Butt Reveal Reaction"

Oh my~

Also i misread cloud to butt plug-in and it made this post amazing

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader

I'm definitely going to have to check that Butt player finder ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Top Bottom