• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Besides Pit(instead of Dark Pit), Ryu, Lucas, and Ike getting rekt'd like they're nothing...and New Day(thanks WWE)...Cloud had me hyped and unexpected(Sora was more expected than him)

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Hey, um, Robin?
We... gotta talk.
We had a great time together. I loved every moment from it. The hoping and dreaming. The holding tight to my believes. The reward of finally seeing you enter in such a satisfyingly awesome way, that is still unmatched.
But...
There's somebody else now. An old childhood friend. I never thought I'd see him here. Like this. It's an even bigger dream than you where. But you both came true.
I'm sorry. I really like... what we had - still have. Us.
And I hope we can still recapture the old days of glory every once in again. That we can still be friends.

Just... not as my main anymore.

And I felt I should apologise for that. Because of all the effort you put into it. All the joy we had, every moment I sincerely loved. And still I have to follow my heart.

Please understand.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Why are people so salty about Cloud?
It's trucking Cloud!
Well, let's...

Cloud is a third party character from a third party company (Square Enix) and he's the poster boy of the Final Fantasy franchise.

Third party characters have different criteria from being included. Final Fantasy VII did leave an impact on RPGs so that probably contributed to his inclusion.

Although the Final Fantasy series has history with Nintendo, Cloud and Final Fantasy VII, not so much. That game was exclusive to PS1 and with the remake coming around, PS4 and maybe even Xbox One despite the nonexistent install base in Japan. Could it appear on Wii U or NX? Who knows.

If there were people who wanted a Final Fantasy character, they were probably thinking of someone from FF1 - FF6 like Cecil or Terra. Games that debuted on a Nintendo console

If there were people who wanted a Square Enix character, they were probably thinking of someone like Geno from Super Mario RPG or Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

Of course, some of these salty people probably wanted someone like King K Rool, Inklings, Isaac, Wolf, Shovel Knight or [INSERT FAVORITE CHARACTER HERE]. If these people expected a character from the Ballot, they're probably acting all paranoid thinking that Cloud won the Ballot.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I'm not mad that Cloud is in. I'm more confused tbh. I'm still going to get him anyway because he looks fun as hell to play and because he was a little treat from the devs.
all the people hyped about Cloud and I'm just here not giving a single ****
not interested in Final Fantasy one bit, so this does nothing for me at all.
Care to join me and a few others in the Meh Room? We have snacks.

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Well, let's...

Cloud is a third party character from a third party company (Square Enix) and he's the poster boy of the Final Fantasy franchise.

Third party characters have different criteria from being included. Final Fantasy VII did leave an impact on RPGs so that probably contributed to his inclusion.

Although the Final Fantasy series has history with Nintendo, Cloud and Final Fantasy VII, not so much. That game was exclusive to PS1 and with the remake coming around, PS4 and maybe even Xbox One despite the nonexistent install base in Japan. Could it appear on Wii U or NX? Who knows.

If there were people who wanted a Final Fantasy character, they were probably thinking of someone from FF1 - FF6 like Cecil or Terra. Games that debuted on a Nintendo console

If there were people who wanted a Square Enix character, they were probably thinking of someone like Geno from Super Mario RPG or Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

Of course, some of these salty people probably wanted someone like King K Rool, Inklings, Isaac, Wolf, Shovel Knight or [INSERT FAVORITE CHARACTER HERE]. If these people expected a character from the Ballot, they're probably acting all paranoid thinking that Cloud won the Ballot.
Well yeah, but I was expecting disappointment at most. I think downright anger is going a wee bit too far, but that's just me...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
@Sanae don't think we done yet...one more after this, and you're free(for now)

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Sakurai: "Yesssss. All according to plan. Now that we have blindsided them with Cloud's completely out of nowhere reveal, we can focus all our efforts on the Smash Ballot winners. Even the most ardent of Cloud haters won't be able to survive what we have in store!" *walks up to three test tubes with Wolf, Ridley, and K. Rool in them* *touches the glass* "Soon my children....."

And hey! No leaks this time! Not too shabby!

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Two things I know for certain that came with the reveal:

:4darkpit:just lost his edge.

And I can hear the Geno fans crying as we speak.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Hey, um, Robin?
We... gotta talk.
We had a great time together. I loved every moment from it. The hoping and dreaming. The holding tight to my believes. The reward of finally seeing you enter in such a satisfyingly awesome way, that is still unmatched.
But...
There's somebody else now. An old childhood friend. I never thought I'd see him here. Like this. It's an even bigger dream than you where. But you both came true.
I'm sorry. I really like... what we had - still have. Us.
And I hope we can still recapture the old days of glory every once in again. That we can still be friends.

Just... not as my main anymore.

And I felt I should apologise for that. Because of all the effort you put into it. All the joy we had, every moment I sincerely loved. And still I have to follow my heart.

Please understand.
Couldn't have said it myself. :4robinf: may be the waifu but Cloud....Cloud is my adolescence. He is the reason why I got into JRPGs. And he was the first video game character I really felt a connection to since I felt his character development mirrored to a degree my own coming of age. His insecurities, his lack of confidence, his initially cold exterior, it all resonated with me when I was growing up. He came at the perfect time in my life. And I felt I grew along with him.

So if I start coming here less and less, you know why.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm not mad that Cloud is in. I'm more confused tbh. I'm still going to get him anyway because he looks fun as hell to play and because he was a little treat from the devs.

Care to join me and a few others in the Meh Room? We have snacks.
Oh I see now. Though speaking of confusing, his moveset looks extremely confusing atm.

:135:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
This song would have to be included. It'd be pretty silly if they ignored it.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I wasnt patricularly interested in a Square rep nor I ever supported Cloud, but he looks a lot of fun to play as, thats enough for me to want to get him. Now, can we have Snake back pretty please?

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Just saw the Cloud trailer.

My first thought as an Ike main: why does he get to have a cool sword beam attack?

My second thought as an Ike main: I think I have just found my new co-main.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Nintendo was actually pretty slick about this. As of the direct, Cloud has officially made his first appearance on a nintendo console, Final fantasy explorers. He as of the direct meets all the criteria.

That being said, as I hyped as I am for Cloud and completely plan to at least secondary him, HE LOOKING STUPID AF LMAO

Almost no lag to those smash attacks, he basically looks like a better version of ike and Shulk combined. His limit gauge has been confirmed to work like Little mac's KO punch. One use on one of his special moves. Plus a fast and powerful projectile? Cloud looks like top ten material already.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Nintendo was actually pretty slick about this. As of the direct, Cloud has officially made his first appearance on a nintendo console, Final fantasy explorers. He as of the direct meets all the criteria.

That being said, as I hyped as I am for Cloud and completely plan to at least secondary him, HE LOOKING STUPID AF LMAO

Almost no lag to those smash attacks, he basically looks like a better version of ike and Shulk combined. His limit gauge has been confirmed to work like Little mac's KO punch. One use on one of his special moves. Plus a fast and powerful projectile? Cloud looks like top ten material already.
Cloud's first appearance on a Nintendo console I actually think is Kingdom Hearts Chains of Memories. He may have appeared on a Nintendo console earlier but I don't know.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868

I see him more like top 15.

The directs tends to make the characters look better than they are: EG shiulk

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Took a look at the trailer again. The confusion wore off only to be replaced with a good impression.

While I personally don't care for Cloud, I am looking forward to playing as him. He looks fun and I might end up being pretty good with him.

And we're not even done with the Smash news.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Cloud's first appearance on a Nintendo console I actually think is Kingdom Hearts Chains of Memories. He may have appeared on a Nintendo console earlier but I don't know.
I guess I should say a big role in a nintendo console game then. He didn't really do much in Memories. And in a game like explorers there probably aren't going to be any real "main" characters.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Wow. 3 videos in my feed in a row are reactions to Cloud getting Smash. In fact there are a couple more of them.
It happened again.

Also since it was mentioned earlier, I hope that in TP HD that they keep the infinite bomb-arrows glitch. I also hope they won't make you get the Reekfish's scent to scale Snowpeak/ Not make you have to fish for it.

Attachments

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Cloud might not be top tier(for now), but definitely seems high or mid tier...NO LOW

The truth, revealed!
I swear this is my last cloud **** post
And I said my New Day posting would be my last, promises are never kept...ever

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm gonna fight someone if my phone doesn't force double posts on me

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
"Let's make Chrom playable in Smash Bros.!"
Sakurai: "Nah, we already have too many swordfighters doing the same thing, it would be a waste of a slot."

"LET'S ADD CLOUD STRIFE FROM FINAL FANTASY?"
Sakurai: "YEAH OK"

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
This is the most excited I've been for a character since Robin/Lucina.
And Cloud isn't even Kefka. Lord knows how I would have reacted were it him.

UmbreonMageBrando

The Quiet One
NNID
Megaman648
This trailer has put me on the same level of hype as the :4megaman:, :4robinm:,:4lucina: trailers did back when everyone was waiting for the game to release. Seeing Cloud in smash reminds me of the fact that I've never played FF7 even though I've played 1-6 up to this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am too lazy to look back on the thread, but damn... I am stunned. No one, and I repeat NO ONE, would have expected Cloud Strife in Smash Bros. God bless you, Sakurai.

"Let's make Chrom playable in Smash Bros.!"
Sakurai: "Nah, we already have too many swordfighters doing the same thing, it would be a waste of a slot."

"LET'S ADD CLOUD STRIFE FROM FINAL FANTASY?"
Sakurai: "YEAH OK"
To be fair, Sakurai stated Chrom was excluded because he wouldn't offer anything new. He would be middle in the road between Marth and Ike, which wouldn't make him an interesting character.
Cloud, on the other hand, comes from a series that would help make him standout from the swordsmen in Smash. There is a lot to do with for Cloud and the world of Final Fantasy.

Top Bottom