• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I wish.
By my own observation, a user is 50% more likely to 'like' a post by mod/admin/senator than an ordinary user.

:231:
Though you're part of the red army.

Ordinary users can get lots of likes with well constructed posts, you know. Or something that's really, really funny.

Or by having the first post on a front page article, though I haven't done that in forever.

Once again, you're part of the red army so it's a matter of perspective.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Though you're part of the red army.

Ordinary users can get lots of likes with well constructed posts, you know. Or something that's really, really funny.

Or by having the first post on a front page article, though I haven't done that in forever.

Then again you're part of the red army so it's a matter of perspective.
I was promoted only 8 months after I joined, actually. (I was ridiculously active in the speculation boards - 3000 posts in 8 months when there were no Social threads to gain huge post-counts like now, and M&SG was the sole moderator for the entire Smash 4 section at that time. )

It's hard to have an unbiased perspective like that.

Nah

Smash Champion
Timestalling the whole match is now a thing on FG, just faced it today, it was rage inducing due to the fact that my opponent was a Game&Watch that did nothing but run away, jump, up b, air dodge, and throwing out Judgements for the whole match, and when ever he lost a stock I get nine'd in the face during the random moments he throws out a judgement which made it even more pressuring and rage inducing because no one likes to be time stalled, I got lucky during one the times he jumped and footstooled him into a down smash to take his last stock.
Slightly surprised it wasn't a :4sonic: tbh. I don't think I've ever had anyone try to time me out on FG yet though. Or maybe I'm not remembering it.

Though one time I played several games with a :4villagerf: that insisted on tree camping the ledge.
.....was probably not the best time to be adamant about using only :4palutena: for the set

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't hate getting likes.

I love them. Especially considering I'm almost close to 9000. Guess who's my avatar gonna be when that happens?
Krillin?
Does it look like I give a crap?

Plus I play Zero Suit. Why should I be upset about it? It's not like he straight up will never play Robin, it's just from his perspective, he'll get better results as ZSS (and it works, he's probably the #2 best player)

It ain't like he dropped her for Sheik.

Yeah but it won't stop Devil May Plop Devil May Plop from doing it.
You look like you do...:4pit:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I wish.
By my own observation, a user is 50% more likely to 'like' a post by mod/admin/senator than an ordinary user.
Can confirm.

Whenever mods told people to ignore trolls in the Wolf 4 DLC thread, boom-instant 10+ likes.

If a normal user said something similar, they'd get maybe 5 likes at most.

I've seen it happen in other threads too.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Considering the Welsh team's been decimated by injuries, that was a well-deserved win.

Gareth Thomas is so happy~

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I was promoted only 8 months after I joined, actually. (I was ridiculously active in the speculation boards - 3000 posts in 8 months when there were no Social threads to gain huge post-counts like now, and M&SG was the sole moderator for the entire Smash 4 section at that time. )

It's hard to have an unbiased perspective like that.
I read your post and a nice daydream popped into my head where a I woke up one average morning only to find myself a moderator on this site for no reason and without warning. Later in the day I was told by one of the admins that this one moderator had a mental breakdown (somehow) from keeping track of users. The admin told me that the mod came to them begging to give their status to someone else. They ask who and the mod brings up a list of random users and eventually points to my name saying: "Give it to him! Just... just give it to this guy!"

I'm not 100% sure how the system works, but it was a nice dream.
Can confirm.

Whenever mods told people to ignore trolls in the Wolf 4 DLC thread, boom-instant 10+ likes.

If a normal user said something similar, they'd get maybe 5 likes at most.

I've seen it happen in other threads too.
I've seen the same thing. I've seen some sincerely funny posts by regular users that only get what like 2 or 3 likes while a mod or some other user posts something similarly if not exactly funny and BOOM! 10 or more likes. I've even seen mods and users state the obvious in some forums and the same thing happens: a lot of likes.

I have nothing against these guys. I only telling you what I've seen. :p

Edit: Also, regarding likes, I may post something serious or funny and may not get many likes, but I know that Devil May Plop Devil May Plop will always give me attention.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I've seen the same thing. I've seen some sincerely funny posts by regular users that only get what like 2 or 3 likes while a mod or some other user posts something similarly if not exactly funny and BOOM! 10 or more likes. I've even seen mods and users state the obvious in some forums and the same thing happens: a lot of likes.
I remember someone saying how they corrected someones spelling mistake and got a bunch of likes for it. That guy couldn't understand why he was getting all the likes but he accepted them.

I've even had it where I would say something and not expect any likes and yet I still got some.

Doesn't bother me any. I like likes. :estatic:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Like likes like likes. And sheilds. And tunics.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I remember someone saying how they corrected someones spelling mistake and got a bunch of likes for it. That guy couldn't understand why he was getting all the likes but he accepted them.

I've even had it where I would say something and not expect any likes and yet I still got some.

Doesn't bother me any. I like likes. :estatic:
There must've been a dryspell on the boards if a user got a lot of likes for spell correct.

And yes I do agree: Me likey if you likey. :bluejump:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
undertale released about a week ago, my body was not ready for the hype and so i got sick

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
I've got MJG and San in my pool for Big House. Actually pretty hyped about it ;)
I know em both from Brawl days mainly, although this will be my first time meeting San in rl.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Likes are my lifeforce, my likeforce, if you will.

Every like I get, I grow ever stronger until I transform into a God of the Internet!

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I'd find it pretty cool to be able to fight Zero. Not everyone gets that chance. Though sure it'd be ****ty to get knocked into losers cause you happened to run into Zero. Part of the reason I think bracket pools are ****ty compared to round robin pools. Too messy. My singles pool doesnt have anyone of note but my doubles pool includes Ksev, Xeroxen, and 6WX

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Legit noob question: How does one grab items midair without air dodging or aerials?

I've tried pressing Z while in the air many times before and I just end up air dodging anyway...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Anyone else here play Mario Maker? Just uploaded a course here: D89A-0000-0073-0314

It's somewhat tricky; at least, it took me a few tries to complete it for uploading

Last edited:
Top Bottom