• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I rarely see any Robin players, the last time I saw a Robin player was on the day Robin got buffed. Still, there are other characters that I do not see at all online. Such as bowser jr, I never see bowser jr. on FG.
Tfw you run into Olimar/Alph, Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, the Koopa Kids, or Dedede on For Glory.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
20150830_135801.jpg
I was under the impression that Jigglypuff was a rare Amiibo

Xelion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MGSnake
I never see Zelda on FG, never see Marth/Lucina, unless someone is trying to copy me and beat my Marth. (Never happens though :p ) And I almost never see Palutena. I usually get a barrage of Sonic, Link, Bowser Jr., and Ness. Maybe the occasional Sheiks who was no idea what they are doing and just jump around and fair all over the place.

Btw of someone wants to play on Wii U in a bit add me, NNID: MGSnake

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Okay I'm seriously getting a little bit concerned now. The Robin Social has been eerily quiet and almost inactive for the past few days. So what in the blue blazes is going on? Did everyone just fall off the face of the Earth or something?

:112:
Too busy being lazy and playing smash on the 3DS :^)

I never see Zelda on FG, never see Marth/Lucina, unless someone is trying to copy me and beat my Marth. (Never happens though :p ) And I almost never see Palutena. I usually get a barrage of Sonic, Link, Bowser Jr., and Ness. Maybe the occasional Sheiks who was no idea what they are doing and just jump around and fair all over the place.

Btw of someone wants to play on Wii U in a bit add me, NNID: MGSnake
Add Captain Falcons and Ganon's who use nothing but specials., Ike's who use side B, DDD's who side B, and DDD's and Kirbys that stay at the edge and neutral B.

I was in a Marth ditto yesterday and he didn't move and just used counter and countered everytime i approached. I ended up pummeling him to 200% and then up throwed :')

why do I still play FG

Last edited:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Probably on these boards, but the mass majority of Robuns I see online are boy Robins
I rarely see any Robins at all. It's sort of sad, but hey at least I get some MU knowledge.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Are you guys talking about For Glory?

The other day I played Roll Glory for the first time in a few months and I almost cried because of how bad it was :^)

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I rarely see any Robins at all. It's sort of sad, but hey at least I get some MU knowledge.
50+ characters to use and people seem to only choose the same 15 or so, it's a shame

Nah

Smash Champion
I think I've seen Duck Hunt literally all of twice on FG. No love for the dog I suppose. You do occasionally find people who are good on For Glory tho......or I'm just ass, I can never tell the difference sometimes.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I actually fought a really good WFT on FG today who tore my Roy a new one. Wii Fit confirmed worst Roy MU

Too bad it was immediately followed by a Craptain Falcon, a Zero Skill Samus, and a (Toon) Link.
As long as you continue to spend your time here, I'll have to make an effort to poke my head in every now and then. :)
Hong X ArcticWolf new OTP? (I ship it)

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
50+ characters to use and people seem to only choose the same 15 or so, it's a shame
At least Brawl and Sm4sh are entertaining to watch competitively. Melee got dull really fast for me: Everyone played as the same 2 or 3 characters, played on the same 2 or 3 stages, and everyone (especially the :foxmelee: and :falcomelee: players) had some kind of "Mega Man Mentality" when they play.

Edit: This was meant for Winny's comment, not yours Jae. Damn the cell service out here!

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I've only ever encountered five Robins tops, most of them female. (because I discriminate) I'm sure most of them were noobs, although I think one or two really knew their techs. Of course I beat all of them. As of now, I'm the best Rabin player I know. :denzel:

Folt

Smash Ace

[Insert TRIGGERED Joke here]
Male Robins are a dying race.
Ironically, Male Robin has solidified his appearance in future games by virtue of being the default Robin (and thus gets to be the amiibo model). Not to mention that Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U already kinda made M!Robin the face of the two.

Probably on these boards, but the mass majority of Robuns I see online are boy Robins
Well, Super Smash Bros. heavily favoured male Robin in promotional materials, not to mention the game itself. It could also be that peeps just stick to the default Robin most of the time when they play Smash (let's face it: The default robes are p. cool as far as default palettes go).

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Just about to start on this chapter
Looks like great fun

Ironically, Male Robin has solidified his appearance in future games by virtue of being the default Robin (and thus gets to be the amiibo model). Not to mention that Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U already kinda made M!Robin the face of the two.

Well, Super Smash Bros. heavily favoured male Robin in promotional materials, not to mention the game itself. It could also be that peeps just stick to the default Robin most of the time when they play Smash (let's face it: The default robes are p. cool as far as default palettes go).
All you people are so sexist. Since when did it matter? Aren't we all human beings? Isn't that question symbolic of the feminist movement?

Oh, and here's your avi.
That's kinda sizable, coming to think of it. Try this cute fanart.

Last edited:

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
At least Brawl and Sm4sh are entertaining to watch competitively. Melee got dull really fast for me: Everyone played as the same 2 or 3 characters, played on the same 2 or 3 stages, and everyone (especially the :foxmelee: and :falcomelee: players) had some kind of "Mega Man Mentality" when they play.
Watch out! When the Melee boys heard you saying that. They personally will gang up on you and tell you why your opinion is **** and every other Smash game other than Melee is bad :p (Totally speaking personal experience)

Just about to start on this chapter
Looks like great fun
I heard that there is a boss who makes your life a living hell for two chapters because reasons and when you do get to recruit him, he isn't worth using because Ced is a thing.

Folt

Smash Ace
All you people are so sexist. Since when did it matter? Aren't we all human beings? Isn't that question symbolic of the feminist movement?
As it stands, the way things are means that M!Robin is factually getting more love from the game than F!Robin does, and this is affecting games after Smash Bros. as well. And that is not an opinion.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
As it stands, the way things are means that M!Robin is factually getting more love from the game than F!Robin does, and this is affecting games after Smash Bros. as well. And that is not an opinion.
Robin is Robin. No matter what gender. Anyone who would choose one over the other out of an opinion that one is better than the other is sexist. 'Tis the definition of sexism.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Hongori and/or DrakHongis say hello.
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. OH NO! I've committed shipping heresy! Now to reclaim my HONOR, I must commit SHIP-PUKU!

*Translators note: Shippuku - death by terrible fanfic*

Best OTP is still @The Soulless One x Nah

Not the user @ Nah Nah but the actual character.

And also @Matsushi x Marth and R.S.T. x JoJo
Don't forget @Matsushi X Marx!
ArcticHong has a nice ring to it...
Wait... what am I saying??
Your true feelings have revealed themselves!

Top Bottom