• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
From what I understand, they were really egging him on. Although they were rude about it, it was very uncalled for.
They may have been egging him on, but that didn't mean he had to respond to it. All he had to do was shut down the browser and walk away from it.

I understand a lot of infractions were given out to the other members there as well, though.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
They may have been egging him on, but that didn't mean he had to respond to it. All he had to do was shut down the browser and walk away from it.

I understand a lot of infractions were given out to the other members there as well, though.
It's true, yes he COULD have walked away from it. But given his personality, and his age (I believe he's 14?) They knew he wouldn't back away from it. They seem like they would know how to get under someone's skin as it is.

Infractions given out to other members doesn't surprise me considering what happened when they came here not too long ago.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
But given his personality, and his age (I believe he's 14?) They knew he wouldn't back away from it. They seem like they would know how to get under someone's skin as it is.
Which is (probably) why the ones doing the egging-on got done as well. If they did it because they knew he'd respond like that and get himself banned, then of course they're going to get infracted as well.

I don't know all the details (not that I could tell all anyway), but that's how I'd understand it, at least.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
It's true, yes he COULD have walked away from it. But given his personality, and his age (I believe he's 14?) They knew he wouldn't back away from it. They seem like they would know how to get under someone's skin as it is.

Infractions given out to other members doesn't surprise me considering what happened when they came here not too long ago.
Oh God don't remind me... I thought I had scrubbed that NSFW NES Cartridge from my mind.

I mean, is that **** normal for them? To just have that picture? Is that something hahaha normal for them? Like we have our shipping and crack shipping and St. Garon and JoJo? Is that just a normal thing for them? It seems like the whole lot of them should be chucked out.

Oh, and then there's this charming ****:
http://smashboards.com/members/smokebomb12.223039/
Look at the comment from link and ike lover. Really? You, from what I've read here, intentionally get someone banned and then go and throw that out there? You sir, are one charming piece of ****. If I was any less mature, I'd probably give that asshole (and the rest of the Link Boards) an ear full. However, I'm now of the mind that the Link Boards are so far beneath me, and us Robin users, that it's not even remotely worth it.

However, I do have this to say to the Link boards: I hope Smokebomb does come back. The Link boards may be filth, but we're not and we liked our Smokebomb. So please come back @smokebomb12.

Changing subjects from the Awfulness of the Link Boards (their Awfulness is well known)...
Is there anyone who could separate these out and keep the transparency?

I think they'd make fun Emoticons for us Robin Users.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
The Link Social gives Shame to the Hero of (what ever Smash 4 Link's title is)

Look Smokebomb is 14, I highly doubt anyone that age would react that maturely to blatant flaming. They were literally bullying a 14 year old into getting banned from a website he loves being in. I believed those jerkwads called it "purging" just hearing that word in that context sickens me

D

Deleted member

And that's why I usually only lurk and post for the meta there.

The meta threads are good, to give the Lonk boards something of merit.

D

Deleted member

Smash 4's Link incarnation is from Twilight Princess, so I think it's either the Hero of Twilight or Legend.
I haven't played Twilight Princess in a long time.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

Look Smokebomb is 14, I highly doubt anyone that age would react that maturely to blatant flaming. They were literally bullying a 14 year old into getting banned from a website he loves being in. I believed those jerkwads called it "purging" just hearing that word in that context sickens me
Disgusting. Dis-****ing-Gusting.

@ Raziek Raziek , @ Moydow Moydow is there someway we can bar them from coming here (here being the Robin boards)? Ever? If half of this crap is true, we don't need them here. And is there someway we can get @smokebomb12 unbanned? It sounds like he doesn't deserve it. It's not justified.

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Smash 4's Link incarnation is from Twilight Princess, so I think it's either the Hero of Twilight or Legend.
I haven't played Twilight Princess in a long time.
I'm pretty sure TP Link's official titles are "Hero Chosen by the Gods" and "Blue Eyed Beast" (because Wolf Link). But yeah everyone in the fandom just calls him Hero of Twilight to keep with the "Hero of X" tradition.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
@ Raziek Raziek , @ Moydow Moydow is there someway we can bar them from coming here (here being the Robin boards)? Ever? If half of this crap is true, we don't need them here.
Technically there is, but it would require them coming to the Robin boards specifically to **** on us, and it'd have to be pretty severe at that. And I don't think anyone wants that to happen.

And is there someway we can get @smokebomb12 unbanned? It sounds like he doesn't deserve it. It's not justified.
He'd have to take it up in forum support himself, most likely. At least, there isn't anything I can do about it.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Changing the subject here. Who is worthy of marrying my Femui in Birthright? I will list their names in order of their portraits. I'm stuck between Silas, Saizou, or Tsubaki.
サイラス_st_キメ.png
サイゾウ_st_通常.png
ツバキ_st_キメ.png

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
You're playing the Hoshido Version??????????????

Surely this is forbidden by St. Garon....

Edit: As for your question... I'd go with the one on the right.
I have neither the Japanese copy of Fates or a Japanese 3DS. I am simply setting up pairings on my Hoshido run so that I can save one of these men and destroy the Hoshido army from the inside! The Nohr Army will have zero casualties thanks to my well though out, totally fool-proof, what could possibly go wrong strategy.
St. Garon himself gave me his blessing and my Nohr siblings are currently practicing their lines for when I "betray" them and side with my "real family" in Hoshido.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I have neither the Japanese copy of Fates or a Japanese 3DS. I am simply setting up pairings on my Hoshido run so that I can save one of these men and destroy the Hoshido army from the inside! The Nohr Army will have zero casualties thanks to my well though out, totally fool-proof, what could possibly go wrong strategy.
St. Garon himself gave me his blessing and my Nohr siblings are currently practicing their lines for when I "betray" them and side with my "real family" in Hoshido.
Your current Avatar and this post fit together beautifully.

Matsushi

True Blood
Okay, so I kinda wanna get this out of my system (or perhaps because it's 4am and am feeling slightly emotional for no particular reason)

This social is definitely my favorite social I've ever been a part of. You're all very welcoming to the fellow newcomers when they make their first posts introducing themselves. You're all very supportive, mature, open to giving and receiving constructive criticism and feedback in Smash, and simply such a calm, collected, lovely bunch of people. I feel blessed to have stumbled across here~

Also, I do really appreciate the support everyone gave each other in the SoS chat; the "good lucks" and generally warm atmosphere the chat had made me super happy. And of course, thank you @ Milo AKA Papa Milo AKA Papa for encouraging me to enter the tournament because it was my first tournament and I was feeling quite anxious signing up. :emptysheep:

//this has been a random post

Goodnight everyone! :dr^_^:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
@ Milo AKA Papa Milo AKA Papa for encouraging me to enter the tournament because it was my first tournament and I was feeling quite anxious signing up. :emptysheep:
I am, in fact the best cheerleader anyone could have, or ask for. My rates are (In US currency +tax) 15.99$ an hour for mental/emotional support. An extra 10.99$ for the optional Pom-Poms and dance in a video call. My services also include, but are not limited to live performances, being a hitman, helping fake a death to get out of debt, and pretending to be a celebrity so your friends think you're cooler. Prices vary from each.

PM me for more details and information regarding this. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
I am, in fact the best cheerleader anyone could have, or ask for. My rates are (In US currency +tax) 15.99$ an hour for mental/emotional support. An extra 10.99$ for the optional Pom-Poms and dance in a video call. My services also include, but are not limited to live performances, being a hitman, helping fake a death to get out of debt, and pretending to be a celebrity so your friends think you're cooler. Prices vary from each.

PM me for more details and information regarding this. :secretkpop:
being a hitman
Whoa that went from 1 to 100 real quick.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm pretty sure TP Link's official titles are "Hero Chosen by the Gods" and "Blue Eyed Beast" (because Wolf Link). But yeah everyone in the fandom just calls him Hero of Twilight to keep with the "Hero of X" tradition.
I've only heard "Hero of Light" and "Blue-Eyed Beast". Never heard "Hero Chosen By the Gods".

Also, I don't know all the details, but I'm hearing Smoke was banned after an argument in the Link social? That doesn't surprise me. I went there once after I decided to pick up Link and it was really aggressive and unfriendly. Not a fan.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Not a fan.
From what I've gathered, no one here has a very high opinion of the Link Boards. For the record, my opinion rates them somewhere between 4chan, and dog poop left on your lawn or the sidewalk and the lazy owner who can't be bothered to pick up after their dog.

Edit: We're over 900,000 views on the Robin Social Thread.

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
I've only heard "Hero of Light" and "Blue-Eyed Beast". Never heard "Hero Chosen By the Gods".
All I can remember is that Faron calls Link "Hero Chosen by the Gods" after he recovers the woods from Twilight. Not sure how often he is referred to as such, it's been ages since I've played TP.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I while I was checking out the miiverse for Splatoon, I decided to revisit the support threads for some of the characters I like such as Robin and Falcon.

I then remembered why I stop paying attention to miiverse outside of Splatoon's page.
:halfsheep:

Granted there are a couple really nice posts here and there, but miiverse overall is still a rather awful place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I like the Lonk boards,

I just pretend the social conflicts don't exist, which has made it much easier to like it.

It really depends on the mindset you have,

As has been mentioned by myself and a few others, aside from the social they are seriously focused on Link's competitive performance and meta, so if you're like me and others who play competitively-minded, the Link boards are a good (yet sadly underused) source of information for Link's metagame and stuff, although the MU threads could certainly use some new breaths of life because they are almost all dead (which is almost ironic given how serious a number of the regulars are about serious play with Link, lol).

But if you treat it like, say, here, or the Zelda social where the regulars have the more "usual" social tendencies (social "openness", kindness, etc.) then you'll be in for a shock, of course.

So it really comes down to something like this:

Want to learn the meta and have more serious character discussion? Go there and learn and discuss (just be sure to follow board rules).

Want to have a happy fun-time social experience? Don't go because that won't happen.

Want to have a fairly abrasive social experience? Go there and test the thickness of your skin.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I said this before and I will say it again. Let's not gossip about another thread, especially in a negative way.

I know many of you are trying to defend smokebomb and it's nice that you're looking out for a fellow member. But at this point, even if he is young, smokebomb is very much aware of the culture of the Link boards and it was his decision to stay with them and frequent their social board despite the numerous conflicts he had with them. And I say this with only respect for smokebomb but given this, at least some of the fault does lie with him, even if he was supposedly egged on.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
In other news, I went to look for my first page steal in the Zelda social (not my page anymore OTL) and I just

@ Milo AKA Papa Milo AKA Papa how did I not know this until now

you basically knew who I was until I started posting in this thread wtf gorl

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So who would win in a best 3 outta 5 Robin Dittos?

@Nairo or @ Raziek Raziek ?

This seems like a fight that seriously needs to be set up.

Top Bottom