• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Anyone wanna play?

With customs? .-.

I need to test DP's obitars and guiding bow

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Hm, I think I might have figure out my party now after reading this

1. Speptile
2. Swablu
3. Gardevior
4. Machop
5. Lanturn
6. Vulpix

Thoughts?
Hm. It's a very solid looking party, albeit with a few weak points. Keep in mind that the Machop line doesn't learn much as far as coverage moves go and you'll need to find a way to trade to evolve the Machoke, which means somehow finding another GBA, another Gen 3 game, and an archaic Link Cable. Ninetales would be interesting...but you'd probably be limited to Fire STAB and spreading burns/confusion, seeing how that line didn't get its good coverage moves--Extrasensory, Dark Pulse, Energy Ball--until later gens, and Shadow Ball works off physical Attack in Gen 3, which Ninetales is mediocre in.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
...right. Didn't think so. You're left with Manectric -->Fighting type (Hariyama or somehting) and TB/(FT) on Gardevior.
EDIT: Yay, 1200!
TB/(FT)? What do you mean?

If your lanturn can learn ice beam, it's a great team. Your pokemon should learn some dark-spectre moves for the league.
Turns out it can! So that's sweet.

Now just to figure out something for Dark moves. All I have at the moment is my Sceptile with Pursuit, which has worked so far.

Soul.

Manectric can learn Flamethrower and Overheat. You might as well not use a Fire-type and use that instead.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Unfortunately, it's too late for me. My bedroom, with the Wii U and everything, is right next to my parent's room and I think my mother will sleep soon...

We will fight tomorrow. :)
You can always turn off the volume and rumble too :)

D

Deleted member

True, though I like to have some game audio.
I once played Brawl with no audio and it was just a pain for me.
That's why the gamepad is the master race because you can plug in headphones and play on the screen.

MASTER RAAAAAAACE.

:cool:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Thunderbolt/(Flamethrower) Flamethrower's a moot point with the Ninetales (you should go for Camerupt or something).
Oh, I see. I guess I'll teach Gardevior Thunderbolt and give Flame thrower to Nineties

Hm. It's a very solid looking party, albeit with a few weak points. Keep in mind that the Machop line doesn't learn much as far as coverage moves go and you'll need to find a way to trade to evolve the Machoke, which means somehow finding another GBA, another Gen 3 game, and an archaic Link Cable. Ninetales would be interesting...but you'd probably be limited to Fire STAB and spreading burns/confusion, seeing how that line didn't get its good coverage moves--Extrasensory, Dark Pulse, Energy Ball--until later gens, and Shadow Ball works off physical Attack in Gen 3, which Ninetales is mediocre in.
Oh, well then Machop isn't an option then. I do have another Fighting type. His that sort of Sumo looking with boxer gloves

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Oh, well then Machop isn't an option then. I do have another Fighting type. His that sort of Sumo looking with boxer gloves
Sounds like Hariyama. If I remember right, their levelset isn't the best, so if you want to use one, make sure you grab the Brick Break TM from Sootopolis and use it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Sounds like Hariyama. If I remember right, their levelset isn't the best, so if you want to use one, make sure you grab the Brick Break TM from Sootopolis and use it.
Dear Naga, are there no good Fighting types in this game?!

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Dear Naga, are there no good Fighting types in this game?!
Most Fighting types were flawed prior to Gen 4. The type didn't have a lot of strong moves--just Cross Chop and High Jump Kick, and neither was common. The most useable Fighting type in Gen 3 is probably Blaziken, which you obviously don't have access to. Heracross isn't bad (learns Brick Break naturally, but nothing stronger for Fighting moves), and Breloom and Medicham are solid as well even though they get zero use out of their other types because all moves of those types were Special prior to Gen 4.

Yes, it's as stupid as it sounds.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You don't need to give the TM, Vulpix learns it at level 29.
Oh, cool. I guess I can teach it to Gardevior

Most Fighting types were flawed prior to Gen 4. The type didn't have a lot of strong moves--just Cross Chop and High Jump Kick, and neither was common. The most useable Fighting type in Gen 3 is probably Blaziken, which you obviously don't have access to. Heracross isn't bad (learns Brick Break naturally, but nothing stronger for Fighting moves), and Breloom and Medicham are solid as well even though they get zero use out of their other types because all moves of those types were Special prior to Gen 4.

Yes, it's as stupid as it sounds.
Huh, may as well just teach my Sceptile a fighting move or something like that.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Hey guys, I'm currently downloading a good old classic of a game, Master of Orion II. MOO2 has long been regarded as the gold standard of Space 4X games and despite numerous attempts, no one has been able to top it. With any luck, the reboot coming soon will be able to do just that, but I digress.

If I were to stream this, would anyone be interested in watching?? If I can get enough people saying they'd be interested, I'll do some streaming.

Also, if folks were interested, I'd also be willing to violate the Golden Rule of XCOM. That rule being "Never name your soldiers after your friends. XCOM doesn't care." I would take volunteers from the R.S.T (and the Z.S.T since they lurk here quite often) and place them in a game of XCOM Enemy Within and stream that. If people were interested. I'd need at least 6 volunteers to get this ball rolling (since the maximum size of the team is 6).

If you're interested in joining an XCOM Enemy Within stream, please flag me in a post (I don't always ready the entirety of thread) with the following information:

Soldier First Name
Soldier Nickname
Soldier Last Name
Preferred Nationality (Go here for a list.)
Preferred Classes (Go here for a list. And please rank the classes in order of preference)
Preferred Gender (Male or Female)
Again, if I get at least 6 volunteers I will run this stream. I can't make any promises on the classes given the RNG, but I may be able to find and do something to fudge the Nationalities in our favor.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Hey guys, I'm currently downloading a good old classic of a game, Master of Orion II. MOO2 has long been regarded as the gold standard of Space 4X games and despite numerous attempts, no one has been able to top it. With any luck, the reboot coming soon will be able to do just that, but I digress.

If I were to stream this, would anyone be interested in watching?? If I can get enough people saying they'd be interested, I'll do some streaming.

Also, if folks were interested, I'd also be willing to violate the Golden Rule of XCOM. That rule being "Never name your soldiers after your friends. XCOM doesn't care." I would take volunteers from the R.S.T (and the Z.S.T since they lurk here quite often) and place them in a game of XCOM Enemy Within and stream that. If people were interested. I'd need at least 6 volunteers to get this ball rolling (since the maximum size of the team is 6).

If you're interested in joining an XCOM Enemy Within stream, please flag me in a post (I don't always ready the entirety of thread) with the following information:

Soldier First Name
Soldier Nickname
Soldier Last Name
Preferred Nationality (Go here for a list
Preferred Class (Go here for a list.
inb4 I die.

First Name: Space
Middle Name: Stranger
Last Name: Woody

Top Bottom