• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
@ Koiba Koiba Good games! unless you're internet just dc'd which in case i have the rom still open and you're free to rejoin it

Ah, you're fine! It was fun, all those sds tho

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Ahem~
Well... I stand corrected.

O-oh!
Well, succubus' are actually rather cool, so I'll take that.

However! Your accusations are still incorrect, for I am still a very nice, generous and loving young lady~ :3
I dun beereeve u sushi lady

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
No, I choked and went for a grab although I know that wasn't a proper punish! Danggit!

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I best FE 7 for my first time just now. Really great game that I enjoyed very much. Not my favorite FE game, but it's a very solid contender.

Also I did this:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
So I best FE 7 for my first time just now. Really great game that I enjoyed very much. Not my favorite FE game, but it's a very solid contender.

Also I did this:

Congrats. It's still my personal favorite in the series.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Just out of curiosity, are you going to try Lunatic+?
Yes I'm actually at the endgame for Lunatic but I kinda want to beat the DLC first before doing that again or all the DLC up until the Future Past which I will beat it first then tackle it later.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
OHMYGOD

This is literally the best thing ever

I just..

How does one go to war in this attire? I'm certainly not complaining at all though~

dem legs :emptysheep:
It was quite the common attire in the Greek and Roman times, actually. Which is odd considering Fire Emblem is supposed to be based on Medieval Europe.

Heck when the Romans invaded Britain, the early settlers went into war NAKED. Which did an an awesome job freaking out the Roman conquerors. :p

:231:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Again, gg @The Soulless One. If you couldn't tell already I'm pretty rough in the MU but with your help I think I'm slowly improving in it. Again, looking forward to any feedback you can offer me. In the meantime gotta tutor my little sister.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
On the subject of Ancient Rome, I found a pic of the Nohr family dressed as Romans (well sort of):

Stay classy Xander.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
S Support in Fire Emblem Awakening be like

I couldn't find any images of Pikachu dressed as Marth, so enjoy these images featuring Robin and Pikachu

>Taking Samus away from Pikachu
No. Don't do that
image.jpg

image.jpg

Don't mess with the actual Canon paring

Besides, Robin and Kirby are better
image.jpg

D

Deleted member

Again, gg @The Soulless One. If you couldn't tell already I'm pretty rough in the MU but with your help I think I'm slowly improving in it. Again, looking forward to any feedback you can offer me. In the meantime gotta tutor my little sister.
Your fundamentals are pretty solid.

But far and away your largest issue is your lack of contention for stage control.

Time and again I could just pin you to corner of the stage with two bombs, and Robin's projectiles (especially if you're using Speed Thunder) cannot beat bombs until she charges out to Thoron.

You'd stay in the corner and attempt to charge or outright challenge the bombs with projectiles but they'll keep flying right through all of that and hitting you, the splash damage and the damage on contact, 8-9% and 5%, respectively will continue to batter you into kill range if you don't move out of the corner, as I said, I easily put on probably 40% if not more just from hitting you with bombs while you were pinned in the corner.

Eventually you started coming forwards and catching the bombs with aerials or airdodges (or z-catching) but this strategy is pretty predictable and leaves you wide open for me to follow my bomb in and punish you with an aerial as you're attempting to catch it.

Even something as simple as rolling towards me would help you get around the bombs, it's imperative that you not sit there and try to fight your way out, Link's bombs beat damn near everything in the game priority wise.

When you did get stage control, I could easily push you back out as you'd DJ away from me when I came in, and then you'd eventually end up right back in the corner where I could just bury you with bombs.

I said it earlier, but powershielding is your best friend against Link's projectiles, if bombs catch any shield they won't detonate when they land on the ground afterwards, so you can keep running right at me and shielding my projectiles since the bombs become dead when they find a shield.

Also, be a bit more careful when attempting to edgeguard, a number of times I was actually dead, but you attempted to Elwind spike me, missed the spike hitbox, and ended up saving me. You should also mix up your edgeguarding because you would often go out for a Nair or Elwind spike, both of which are quite easy to see coming.

It goes without saying that you also should not always try for the ledge when recovering as Robin, considering that I stage spiked you at least once a match I believe in our first few matches, using Dair.

You did eventually adapt and start recovering higher though, which was good.

Overall, you can't simply submit control to me, because once I have you pinned in the corner it's very difficult for Robin to come back out.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Also I did this:

What's ironic is it's referenced in Awakening DLC that Robin and the tactician are in fact, the same person.
Kamui is also a reincarnation of Robin. Robin definitely gets around.

D

Deleted member

I've been gone for 4 hours and 4 or 5 pages were created...
I can't keep up and I feel too lazy to catch up.
Yup. That is basically how you OKAY 101.

Also I did this:

Congrats! I haven't gotten around to beating the game yet, but I named my Tactician "Robin" as well.

@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy
Wait, Robin and the FE7 Tactician are the same person? How did Robin get a sudden name change?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I somehow missed this one if it isn't a joke.

Because I swear on my life that this sounds like a joke.
OK, so this isn't confirmed but.
Apparently Severa, Inigo, and Owain seem to know Kamui. He seems familiar to them. It's also referenced that Shara/Syalla's sense of fate is because of her previous incarnations obsession with Robin.
Wait, Robin and the FE7 Tactician are the same person? How did Robin get a sudden name change?
Lyn mentions how familiar Robin looks and how he reminded her of a great tactician and friend from her time. You can name either whatever the hell you want, you know. :p

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I've been gone for 4 hours and 4 or 5 pages were created...
I can't keep up and I feel too lazy to catch up.

Yup. That is basically how you OKAY 101.

Congrats! I haven't gotten around to beating the game yet, but I named my Tactician "Robin" as well.

I think it's a tease towards the player on how if you played both FE7 and FE13, you're a both Robin and Mark. Fans like to imply that he is the both the same character but moreso like a reincarnation of all the past tacticians.

D

Deleted member

@The Soulless One I'm finally ready to get destroyed by you. Gotcha added in my 3DS so lemme know when you're ready.
Would you still be available in around 1/2 an hour?

I have to do some chores around the house and get my hands warmed up a little on 3DS first if that's okay.~

Nah

Smash Champion
Would you still be available in around 1/2 an hour?

I have to do some chores around the house and get my hands warmed up a little on 3DS first if that's okay.~
Yeah that should be fine.

One thing though, my 3DS likes to act up a bit sometimes and not stay connected to the internet so if I randomly drop out and/or it takes a while for me to connect that's why. I just hope it doesn't really do that today....

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
No.

Link's U-throw will only kill Jigglypuff at 130~% without rage.

The other lightweights :4kirby::4pikachu::4mewtwo::4gaw::rosalina::4olimar:will die just past that at around 135-140%~ without rage.

:4falco: :4fox::4metaknight::4littlemac::4zelda::4zss::4sheik::4peach:will die at percentages past ~153% (I had an up-throw on :4metaknight: at 149% without rage yesterday and he didn't die, not even black sparks).

~165% is the magic number that will KO most of the cast up through the midweights (until you get to the top of the midweight range) without rage and regardless of opponent's DI, I believe.

Heavyweights and up require at least 170% (give or take a few %) without rage (read: every character from :4lucario:'s weight up).

185%~ is the universal kill percent for just about all of the cast without rage, I believe.

Only :4mewtwo: and:4charizard:'s U-throws will kill midweights and below at around 130-140%, without DI and rage:4mewtwo:'s U-throw will kill :4mario:from the base of FD at 142%~ IIRC.

Please note that these are all approximations based on observations I've made during play (I haven't done any formal data collection on kill % with :4link:'s U-throw) since U-throw is a kill tool I use a lot, while these are approximations I do believe them to be fairly accurate, however.

Other factors such as upper blast zone height, amount of rage, and platform depth when performing the U-throw (such as doing it on the base of Battlefield as opposed to the top platform, for instance) will change these percentages, but these numbers are the approximate percentages where :4link:'s U-throw will kill from the base platform of most legal stages without rage.
Your so smart dude. Wanna play in 30 minutes?

Top Bottom