• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Sure, I like info
Right, I'm tired as **** and I need to go to bed, yet I can fill you in quickly on what I know~

Mossy64 is a good friend of my brother's and I've played him a few times. His main is Link, though he also has a good Luigi and a pocket Sheik. His Link is by far and away his best character: his use of projectiles is decent, he's very good at zoning, though he knows when to go for the sword as well. That said, he can get a tad gung-ho with his projectiles and tends to get haphazard when he's nervous. You'll notice very quickly that he throws out empty z-air and u-smash when he's under pressure. To be frank, his projectile game is good, but his CQC game needs serious work. You should be able to read his projectiles and space him with your own blade. Shield-grab if you think that's a good idea, he's got a terrible habit of throwing out smashes when he's in danger, it's very easy to punish.

His Luigi is decent, though he's still fairly new to him. He will more than likely try out Luigi, as he's trying to make him his new main, which means you're gonna need to space him and make sure he isn't within grab range. He'll throw out a ton of fireballs to zone you out and will punish landings with cyclone, then go for a grab if you get too close. Obviously it is difficult for him to get close. If you can get around the fireballs and shield / get out of the range of cyclone, you should be okay. Note that he is a style fiend: he will try for a Shoryuken if the opportunity arises. Be told!

I've never seen his Sheik. I've heard it's okay, nothing impressive.

Overall, Mossy is a good player, though he has noticeable habits that you can exploit. His main issue is his tendency to get desperate under pressure, which you can and ought to take full advantage of!

Formaldehyde (my brother) has a few characters in his roster, though the main ones are Roy, DK, Ness, Rosalina and Olimar. Quick rundown of each:

- Roy: Very aggressive. Adapts very well and will punish you for everything. Marth is an even matchup for him, as he will try to trade sword blows and you can space him out well. He used to play Marth, though, so remember that he knows the character inside-out and will exploit your weaknesses if he catches onto them.

- DK: Great combos and followups. Very detailed knowledge of how to do damage as DK and followup with his myriad of kill options. D-tilt is a favourite combo starter, u-air is a favourite followup. He will use Giant Punch if there is an opening. Be wary of getting into his space, he controls it very well. Try to force him to approach, his offense game is weaker than his defense game, though only by a small amount. Very dangerous character. Approach with extreme caution.

- Ness: He will do everything except PK Fire / f-air spam. He doesn't need to, he's very good overall. Controls his own space and the stage very well. Will get you into traps and exploit any drop in your guard with his diverse toolkit. PKT2 game is phenomenal, will use it to kill if he can. Dash attack is a favourite punish option, he will punish your landing with dash attack, f-smash, PKT2 or grab. Beware the edge, b-throw will still kill. He will juggle with PK Thunder and can confirm it into PKT2. Off-stage, only go for the kill IF YOU ARE TOTALLY CONFIDENT OR PKT2 WILL WRECK YOU. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GET COCKY OR FISH FOR KILLS. Play patiently. This is a dangerous character, among his best. He is just as good a Ness as Zangrief, if not better in his own way (he thinks Zangrief is good but "kinda spammy"). Keep your guard up and play safe yet confident.

- Rosalina: He is a bit rusty with Rosalina, though watching Dabuz at EVO has inspired him. Very good punishes, great control of Luma. Will not flee even if he goes solo. Very tactical player, will read and download your playstyle. Be patient. This will be a war of attrition between you and he.

- Olimar: Cry deeply. Pray for mercy.

That's that! Good luck, do tell me if you need anything or fancy playing them before the tourney~ :3

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
ok then

Book 7: Interloper from Afar
Random development-related fact: the "killed by continuity errors" event is only triggered if the game tries to use an event that is impossible under the current conditions, such as one that requires four victims when only three are available. It actually refers to
Canas getting killed by a snowstorm in the ending of FE7; the FE community joke is that he was "killed by continuity errors", because it was already decided in FE6 (chronologically later than FE7) that Canas was dead by then. It being used here is basically a joke referring to this.
So if you die by that one, remember that the RNG goddess especially hates you ;)

Sure, I like info
wow i kill people and refuse supports
ow the edge:4darkpit:

D

Deleted member

Right, I'm tired as **** and I need to go to bed, yet I can fill you in quickly on what I know~

Mossy64 is a good friend of my brother's and I've played him a few times. His main is Link, though he also has a good Luigi and a pocket Sheik. His Link is by far and away his best character: his use of projectiles is decent, he's very good at zoning, though he knows when to go for the sword as well. That said, he can get a tad gung-ho with his projectiles and tends to get haphazard when he's nervous. You'll notice very quickly that he throws out empty z-air and u-smash when he's under pressure. To be frank, his projectile game is good, but his CQC game needs serious work. You should be able to read his projectiles and space him with your own blade. Shield-grab if you think that's a good idea, he's got a terrible habit of throwing out smashes when he's in danger, it's very easy to punish.
How do I fare relative to this man's Link?

I'm really competitive sorry.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
:cheep:

Oh

And @ Elezir Elezir what are you the momma of?

The :4robinm: social?
I already explained it earlier, but the Momma title was born from an internal joke I had in a pm.
If you want to call me momma Robin, though, go ahead.

I don't mind.:cheep:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
How do I fare relative to this man's Link?

I'm really competitive sorry.
Much better, I think. He tends to get sloppy and make mistakes when it comes down to brass tacks, which costs him the game quite frequently.

He actually really dislikes playing as Link. In his own words, it makes him "miserable". He wants to get good with Luigi so he can drop Link to pocket. Sheik was an accidental favourite, though he admits that part of the reason he likes her is because "it's nice to play a good Zelda character for a change".

D

Deleted member

Much better, I think. He tends to get sloppy and make mistakes when it comes down to brass tacks, which costs him the game quite frequently.

He actually really dislikes playing as Link. In his own words, it makes him "miserable". He wants to get good with Luigi so he can drop Link to pocket. Sheik was an accidental favourite, though he admits that part of the reason he likes her is because "it's nice to play a good Zelda character for a change".
Considering that he's picking up Luigi and has a pocket Sheik I assume that he likes at least aggression if not 100% rushdown.

The downside to :4link: is that some MUs can be really, really campy, so I can see why that would make him "miserable" assuming he prefers to play aggressively.

I don't mind doing either aggression or camp or both though.

<3 :4link:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Ness is good, but at the same time I feel he's braindead af.
You've never played my brother's Ness.

He outright called the best Ness player in Ireland "kinda spammy" and reckons he doesn't play the character to his full potential.

Anyone want to cuddle with Smokebomb?
No.

Tsuuuun~ :4darkpit:

Soul.

You've never played my brother's Ness.

He outright called the best Ness player in Ireland "kinda spammy" and reckons he doesn't play the character to his full potential.
I guess I can go blame For Glory for giving me that sentiment. How good is he?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
welp might as well go back to following the robin boards seeing as no one is talking about fates

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Guys i'm doing a Shadow the Hedgehog 100% run.
Now i know what hell looks like.

And i like it :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I guess I can go blame For Glory for giving me that sentiment. How good is he?
Good enough to be strongly considered for the Irish power rankings despite having only entered one official tournament.

Skarfelt, the second-best player in the country, said he's heard "hype" things about him and is very eager to play him.

He also contributed to knocking the sixth-best player (whom he said was good but "embarrassing" with his predictable tactics) down three places after that tourney.

He's definitely the best player in our local scene, and he "mains" about five characters to a scarily knowledgeable degree.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Oh yeah, he came into my room this morning, poked me awake and said to me, "I've got a bone to pick with you."

He then asked why I never forced him to play Ganondorf, whom he says is "****ing amazing", and has duly added him to his list of favourite characters.

He mained Brawl Ganondorf.

He said he's never felt as close a connection to a Smash character as he has that character, bless his wicked soul~

Last edited:

Soul.

Good enough to be strongly considered for the Irish power rankings despite having only entered one official tournament.

Skarfelt, the second-best player in the country, said he's heard "hype" things about him and is very eager to play him.

He also contributed to knocking the sixth-best player (whom he said was good but "embarrassing" with his predictable tactics) down three places after that tourney.

He's definitely the best player in our local scene, and he "mains" about five characters to a scarily knowledgeable degree.
Ah. That's pretty cool, lol. I know nothing about Ness other than him being kinda braindead, but at least he's a good character. Doesn't Skarfelt main Fox? He was in the Zelda social a few days ago, so I'm assuming he does. Not sure how he fares against Ness since I don't use them.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Ah. That's pretty cool, lol. I know nothing about Ness other than him being kinda braindead, but at least he's a good character. Doesn't Skarfelt main Fox? He was in the Zelda social a few days ago, so I'm assuming he does. Not sure how he fares against Ness since I don't use them.
I think so, yeah. I've never been to an official tourney. ;3

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Guys i'm doing a Shadow the Hedgehog 100% run.
Now i know what hell looks like.

And i like it :secretkpop:
In the immortal words of Shadow himself,

"DAMN!"

Sage advice indeed.
Oh yeah, he came into my room this morning, poked me awake and said to me, "I've got a bone to pick with you."

He then asked why I never forced him to play Ganondorf, whom he says is "****ing amazing", and has duly added him to his list of favourite characters.

He mained Brawl Ganondorf.

He said he's never felt as close a connection to a Smash character as he has that character, bless his wicked soul~
Your bro sounds like an absolute monster at Smash. I am deeply respectful and terrified of him if he can master that many characters so well.

Now on to some important business. Something that has been bothering me, like an itch that begs to be scratched, an itch I can refuse no longer! There are two things missing from Sm4sh that I think desperately need to be addressed.

1) A custom for Greninja that lets him store his Water Shuriken charge (like Lucario, Samus, and the sort).
2) Making the log and substitute doll usable items after they appear.

LET ME DEVELOP THE LOG METAGAME SAKURAI!!!!

That is all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom