• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time for a Sheik thread.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Aww mangz Sheik is so gay.

Dthrow techchasing on any stage to high percents, and if you mess it up you get pwnt, though it's not impossible to mindgame out of.

She can just full jump in place at your dashdance, which basically owns all of your approaches, and your options become extremely limited. Even your up and back airs are too slow and too low priority to contest her SHFFL F-air and B-air, and if you try to sneak in in between jumps you'll get ftilted. Do you think a well spaced dash cancelled Fsmash would be good to break the pattern? I think you'd have to get ***** several times to establish that you get ***** by Ftilt in order to bait it making it pretty much not worth it.

Your grab is almost as good on her as hers is on you, but how do you get one in if she is jumpy? Her aerials are barely laggy enough to shieldgrab let alone punish, and Needles are even worse, though slightly less useful.

Any ideas?

Heavy Vulcan

Smash Rookie
Yeah. I've had similar problems against Sheik. C. Falcon is incredibly easy to juggle and any form of tech chase leads to impending death by tilts and aerials. An extremely defensive Sheik makes this even worse. I try to just keep an eye out for any mistake and punish her to the fullest. Play smart, read the opponent, get an idea of the patterns and fight accordingly. Always be sure to dthrow > knee at right percentages whenever possible to keep her off the stage. This is all basic knowledge, but sometimes the answer is basic ;).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think the key to beating Sheik is not letting her get above 90-100%
QFT once its at that percent you have no combo abilities and she's to fast to land any killer moves, unless you use the Reversed moonwalk falcon punch obviously...

And best start to a thread ever with the aww mangz thing haha

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
- chain grab her back. also, capitalize on her whiffs. if she's deadly accurate... then well, it's an uphill battle for you.

- she's hard because she's pretty small to be accurate against. her full jumps DO make it difficult to approach her, but generally falcon's uair covers anything above him pretty well. smash attacks don't really work all that well... if you miss, that is. if you can catch her with a f or dsmash then by all means go for it. usmash sets up any character well, but use it sparingly. its priority is better than most would think and is strangely good for ledge attackers, so learn how to use it. usmash to knee is two easy hits for major damage.

- uair combos her much better than nair. she's too small to be accurate with nair.

- tech her high % fair slaps as much as you can. they're too deadly. platform stages are your friend (sorta. she's good there too)

- if she is "jumpy" like you said, wait for a whiff and capitalize. falcon's horizontal movement plays into this very well as long as you are accurate. a well placed uair, knee, or grab can certainly make her think twice about jumpiness.

- be VERY careful on how you edgeguard her. she has perhaps the best recovery out of any character but if you can predict where she teleports then it's a free smash, knee, or some other aerial you choose. likewise, it's SUPER easy for her to edgeguard you, or even get you off the stage and edgeguard you when you try to edgeguard her (lol). don't do any risky full jumps off the stage unless you are sure it'll kill.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
how should i di her throws? she can probably do something for every direction but i'd like to know what my various options are and what the punishment will be.

deadleather

Smash Apprentice
Sheik is sooooo gay, idk, i like to forward moonwalk and knee justice. Of course it becomes obvious, so i change it up by not moonwalking and just going in for the knee. Use more nairs, and try to go in for the u-airs, and go for the finisher (Knee justice.)

Scar

#HarveyDent
- chain grab her back.
You know, Ruto called Sheik a man. Should we be chaingrabbing HIM back?

Anyways, Sheik is a pain in the *** any way you look at it. The only advice I can offer is properly DIing your aerials, hoping for low % combos into mid % knees.

If you knock her far off enough, my favorite edgeguard is to patiently edgehog and wait. If you're far enough from the explosion, either sit there and let her fall to her death, or wait for her to land and smack her with a ledgehopped knee, preferrably reversed.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sheik doesn't really have the 'bulge' to be a man. however, to each his own, xD. (do ganondorf's taunt, pause it, and look above him.. you'll see his bulge. he's a monster. looks like gerudos are well-endowed.)

on topic: uairs can catch jump sheiks. it's easier for you to hit her with your nair and uair than for her to get a fair on you. it's a matter of range. just hope and pray that she doesn't know what you're up to. if that's the case... than grabs are your friend. if she's too jumpy to grab? well, patience and safety are key, i guess.

NG7

Smash Lord
I'm not a falcon player but when edgeguarding sheik it's generally a good idea to grab onto the edge. If sheik's already used her double-jump then you have a big advantage and she'll be alot easier to edgeguard.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol If Derek's tag is Urban Shinobi then yes, I did. We all really like it here, too. Thanks.

Top Bottom