• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tilting Problems

grapes123

Smash Rookie
Hey,
Since I've been getting more serious with Brawl as my friends and I are improving quick, I've started to notice a problem with my tilts. Everytime I try to do utilts, I have to jump first, then I can do my utilts. The same goes for ftilts. I have to run towards the direction I'm pressing on my control stick, then after like half a second of running I can use my ftilt. I use a GameCube controller right now on default control scheme, how do I perform my tilts perfectly?

Thanks.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I'd suggest you to go to the ''Option Menu'' to look for that controller icon. Then set ''Tap Jump'' off in the controller configuration.

As for the F-Tilt, just be more gentle with the analog stick. Practice makes perfect!

Ghostbone

Smash Master
You're moving the control stick too quickly.
If you want you could set the c-stick to tilts as well.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
As far as I know, tilts can be a problem for newer players. The thing is to not fully press the stick which requires a little getting used to.

escro

Smash Ace
does anyone know of how to perform utilts with tap jump on though?
most people recommend tap jump off because yes it's much easier for tilts, but ive been playing with tap on for years now and i dont kn ow if it's worth resetting all that learning time just for an utilt in my arsenal.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Don't move the control stick all the way up to the top rim unless you're buffering the U tilt or else you'll probably get a Uair instead of a U tilt.

If you're buffering you can hold up then press A. As Link you'll probably be buffering U tilts out of spot dodge a lot so get used to it.

Mercurium

Smash Rookie
Just set your C-stick to tilts. The change barely takes any time to adjust to, and it's so much easier to use tilts than with the default setup.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Just hold the analog stick up very slightly out of the neutral position. It doesn't take much change to make an attack register as a tilt, and certainly not enough to accidentally jump instead.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
You're asking a question that the answer is simply: PRACTICE AND GET BETTER.

The only way to do it is to do it. Right now your hands aren't sensitive enough to differentiate between jumps and tilts-and if you can't do it quickly on the fly in practice, how do you expect to do it consistently in a match?
I'm not trying to be sarcastic, this is truly the way.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Just set your C-stick to tilts. The change barely takes any time to adjust to, and it's so much easier to use tilts than with the default setup.
I'm also a tilt-sticker, because I like being subtly encouraged to use my quickest moves by my control scheme. But as a disclaimer here, I have to mention that tilt sticking has a bug: if you buffer a tilt stick tilt, you'll jump instead. After a lengthy adjustment period, though, I've learned to buffer tilts when buffering is going to happen (and tilt sticking wouldn't give a speed advantage anyway), and to use the tilt stick when I'm not buffering.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Turn tap jump off to help with utilts, and practice f tilts more. When using a ftilt, move slowly so you don't dash attack. If your not using a real gcc, then that can be the problem.

Mercurium

Smash Rookie
I realized this only when I was usin c stick smash (I was using snake), but going back to tilt sticking, it was harder to sdi. Have you guys noticed this?

Top Bottom