• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tilt utilization + more--Week 3: Utilt

white peachy

Smash Ace
Only if their mashing hard on release. What about Utilt out of grab release?

I haven't tested utilt out of ground release, but it probably doesn't have the range to do much. It's not that hard to powershield it (dtilt) actually, and if they're good they can escape in a number of ways, upB also works with some characters getting out of it. I used to use a release grab-->dtilt-->regrab chain at low to medium percents. It worked fairly well at first against some of my crew members (the range of dtilt doesn't hit every character off the ground release btw) but most seemed to be able to escape it pretty easily after that. I guess it's ok once in a while as a surprise technique but I wouldn't rely on it too much. Banana Choke chaingrab is reliable off of ground release, other than that, meh, enlighten me lol.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
If you do a back air at lower percentage you and immediatly turn around and do a couple Utilts but it requires fast reaction to really pull this off. Ive done it a couple times but it isnt easy.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Just read this thread for the first time. Good stuff man, I always like to see progression in fighting games, even if it is Brawl.

Any ways, how did you know I liked Dtilt into UpSmash? I don't think I ever told anyone that lolz. But yea I like to do a lot of "wacky" stuff.

-lee-

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Just read this thread for the first time. Good stuff man, I always like to see progression in fighting games, even if it is Brawl.

Any ways, how did you know I liked Dtilt into UpSmash? I don't think I ever told anyone that lolz. But yea I like to do a lot of "wacky" stuff.

-lee-
more ways to refresh your moves the better man : >. love when my fair/dsmash is fresh :3

Top Bottom