• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier list predictions

Which newcomer do you think will be strongest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
What are your predictions for the tier list? I predict that the Villager will be top tier, probably because of his "Pocket" move, which allows me to absorb energy-based projectiles and then re-use them. Also, he has 2 recovery options: Lloid Rocket, and Balloon Trip. I'm Waiting to see Greninja's moveset, so I can't predict his place. Because I love aerial combat, Little Mac may be a pain for me to use, but I love smash attacks, so maybe not. Samus, I just never thought was good in any way, with crappy aerials, Smash attacks, and decent tilts. Being floaty and slow, I never understanded her use. Mega Man will probably be Mid-tier to High-tier, based on what I've seen. What are your thoughts on the tier list?

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Steel Diver.

In all seriousness though, I think that Little Mac is going to start out as everyone's favourites. He will be deemed overpowered for a little while until people start using characters who excel at aerial game, in which, he will fall down the tiers a bit. The opposite will happen with Mega Man and Rosalina I think. People are going to swam them, especially Mega Man, but probably drop them because they're too complex and take a while to learn. Perhaps six months to a year later, people will pick them back up and realise how good they are. Greninja will be pretty good from the get-go, and Villager may or may not be hindered by gimmicks, but will be a fun character for sure. As for the Wii Fit Trainers, they're kind of a "what the ****" character I don't really care about much, so I don't know.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Samus, what?

Do you mean Zamus (who is quite good in Brawl) or Samus (who is quite bad)?
Neither of those are newcomers too.

Last edited:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I think that Rosalina might end up having some deadly combos with her Luma. And also she has the power to cancel out enemy projectiles which could give her a big advantage over some characters like Megaman.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I find impossible to say... Maybe Marth's priority in SSB4 is as ****ty as Capp'n Falcon's. Or maybe now Olimar, with that recovery, is the new god-like. But in any case, we cannot say anything as what we know today.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Way too early for a tier list.

But for the **** of it, Rosalina because JV 4 Stock just got a helluva lot easier and Lil Mac cuz the power meter seems to rise pretty fast and it seems to come out pretty fast as well.

I'm hoping Lil Mac is limited to one instant punch a game and Rosalina's Luma's take a minute or two to respawn.

R0Y

Smash Master
I say Rosalina & Luma from what we've seen so far. The range is something else.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Rosie seems to be strong as she can launch Luma and Lil' Mac would be a monster on air, especially in For Glory as there are no platforms to jump on and he will be a god on the ground.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina is hard to predict. Looks like she could be one of the most difficult to master characters ever.

But if I had to pick what one might be the strongest... Littlemac or Greninja. Just because the fast characters are often pretty strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom