• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List of Kirby's Moveset

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
Here's a tier list of Kirby's moveset. Oh, and I did not steal this idea from the Mario boards. Hey, stop looking at their boards!

I give up on this **** thing since I don't know anything that other people don't know. If I played better people, my list would probably be better, but until then, everyone(except me) make your own Tier List. I personally don't care what you thought of mine, because Tiers Are*shot*

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
How is up air below down tilt?
Seriously, please explain. :mad:

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
Bair up
Rock down
Fsmash down
Fthrow up
Bthrow down
dthrow up
utilt up up

nair equals sex kick plus l-cancel

on the ground its soo good

I give up this list could be better

kirby has a great moveset really that ranking them is pretty difficult,

If you had to pick starting points I think Bair at the top, then stone and ground hammer at the bottom with pommel, Pommel is kinda slow

T-nuts

Smash Ace
lol, nair is last...SOOO many kirbies dont know how to use that move...its embarrassing

EDIT: also utilt below ground hammer? funny ****

SECOND EDIT: you have bthrow as kirby's highest throw? why???

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Lol seriously. Cancel the nair by fastfalling on the ground.
Overall, I can't say I agree with this list, but that's what's great about these things. It's a matter of opinion, except in terms of dtilt. No way is that better than up air.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
i think uair is just seriously underrated by a lot of players. it is a GREAT move.

my top 3 would probably be bair, dthrow, and utilt.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
And fair has ridiculous priority, and beats out many projectiles. I think that deserves higher placement.
But then again, this really isn't a good topic. I expect it to be closed soon, or if it stays open, it won't be official.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Hm...a few mistakes...

My list(made in about 2 minutes):

Bair
Inhale
FSmash
UTilt
DTilt
FThrow
DThrow
Nair
UThrow<--------uair setups ftw!
Stone
Usmash
Dair
Ground Hammer
DSmash
Jabs
Pummel
Uair
FTilt
Fair
Final Cutter
Air Hammer

Alright, the bottom half of the list is unfinished (lol air hammer<final cutter), but that's because I have to leave in about 2 minutes.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
lol, nair is last...SOOO many kirbies dont know how to use that move...its embarrassing

EDIT: also utilt below ground hammer? funny ****

SECOND EDIT: you have bthrow as kirby's highest throw? why???
NAir is amazing. NAir to grab is amazinger.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
hmm...ill make one of these. why not? feel free to disagree but its based on how I play, not kirbies in general.

bair
dthrow
utilt
fsmash
fthrow
nair
dair
uair
fair (lol @ aerials)
inhale
dash attack
jab
ftilt
usmash
dtilt
stone
uthrow
final cutter
bthrow
air hammer
dsmash
ground hammer

really after inhale it all gets pretty cloudy and just about any move from that point on could be moved up or down about four spots.

EDIT: i think what makes this list hard is comparing some of my lesser used moves that are still useful against ANY opponent, like usmash, to moves that are very good in certain matchups but 100% useless in other matchups, like stone.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
dthrow
utilt
fsmash
fthrow
nair
dair
uair
fair (lol @ aerials)
inhale
dash attack
jab
ftilt
usmash
dtilt
stone
uthrow
final cutter
bthrow
air hammer
dsmash
ground hammer

really after inhale it all gets pretty cloudy and just about any move from that point on could be moved up or down about four spots.

EDIT: i think what makes this list hard is comparing some of my lesser used moves that are still useful against ANY opponent, like usmash, to moves that are very good in certain matchups but 100% useless in other matchups, like stone.
Stone isn't useless. The only matchups I generally don't use it in are probably Pika (think, but don't think too hard) and falcon (YESZ!).

I think this tier list will fail because we all have different playstyles and view all the moves differently >.> (ex. I, for one, think ground hammer and uthrow are awesome).

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Pika's actually not a bad match to use stone. Edgeguard a Quick Attack recovery with it. It can punish laggy moves, or failed kill attacks with bad after-lag. I mainly use it against Marth since they try so hard to combo with upair + up-b.

Back-throw's Kirby's worst grab. :mad:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Blue Flash, you forgot to put Dash on your list, which is really good. I'll make my list so far:

F-Grab (leads to diffrent combos)
B-Air (fast and effective)
Basic-B (if you don't use this, you should be ashamed of calling yourself a Kirby main)
F-Smash (strong and effective, but look out for after lag)
U-Tilt (covers the back really well, and leads to combos and after combo)
Dash (good hit box, with a chance to poke pass your foe's shield)
U-Grab (this grab is effective, and tricky, don't forget the omnigay)
F-Air (fast attack, and good air range)
D-Smash (this move covers the back, and the front of Kirby, and has good knock back)
D-Air (leads to start up combos and to force foes downwards, but look out for shields)
Side-B (can be used as a recovery move, as well as a strong finisher)
U-Smash (strong knockback, but only if you get the sweet spot, good coverage though)
U-Air (good way to juggle and rack damage in the air)
D-Tilt (fast and a good chance to make your foe trip)
D-Grab (it's a good way to start a combo)
F-Tilt (a good move to get fast damage)
Down-B (strong when used in the air, good on slants, and great when falling down on foe's in the air so they can force to avoid you)
Up-B (a projectile, and a unpredictable attack, it's good if you know how to use it well)
B-Grab (used to start up combo's, but better used as an attack to throw them out of the stage)
Basic-A (it's fast, and you can rack damage, but not too much)
N-Air (fast attack, but little knockback and range)

I'm maybe missing something, but that's all I can say during my experience.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
...Well, my tier list was epic fail. But at least I learned something.

TIRES DON EXITS!
It's just that many people have diffrent ways of veiwing Kirby's attacks. It also depends on how often you play Kirby, as you see, most of the people that post on the Kirby boards would know his moves very well. But don't give up on this thread due to your first tier moveset guess.

Tiers are for Queers
*sigh* let me take a guess, your that user name baby baby 12 arn't you? If you are, then you might be that spammer that got banned four times, and I guess you haven't learned nothing yet huh. >_>

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
Here's my second attempt at a Moveset Tier List:

Bair
Inhale
Air Hammer
FSmash
Dair
USmash
UTilt
FThrow
DSmash
Fair
DTilt
Dash Attack
FTilt
Jabs
UThrow
DThrow
Nair
BThrow
Final Cutter
Stone
Ground Hammer
Pummel

I still think Final Cutter isn't all that great. All of Kirby's moves are good though.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Edit that list into your original post, dude.
Upsmash is wayyyy too low.
Final Cutter, no way is that dead last.

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
I do like your second list as a place to start, it is much better and I would like to commend your effort to improve the original list after it got thrashed

personally

Air hammer seems but as a case for it, it has grerat knockback comes out pretty quick and is not too laggy as well as being very versatile overall,

utilt over usmash

nair up , Nair is just excelent though limited to above the stage so it doesnt get to go up too high

dthrow up, has the best damage and knockback after staling, I say knockback because nobody is KOing with d-throw and the staled knockback makes it easier to combo out of.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Actually, the edited list looks pretty good now. Only some minor changes needed to be made, so it's no big deal.

I also nominate Phantomwake for best sig ever.

lil cj

Smash Lord

Bair
Inhale
Air Hammer
FSmash
Dair
USmash
UTilt
FThrow
DSmash
Fair
DTilt
Dash Attack
FTilt
Jabs
UThrow
DThrow
Nair
BThrow
Final Cutter
Stone
Ground Hammer
Pummel

I still think Final Cutter isn't all that great. All of Kirby's moves are good though.
Fthrow needs to be moved up, dair needs to be moved down, utilt should be above up smash, and nair & down throw should be moved up:)

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
a good meta knight will never get hit by stone.
Yeah, they will. You can't if you're a noob Kirby though. Sorry :ohwell:

A "good" Metaknight player generally likes to use Shuttle loop to Gimp you near the edge. Use rock (with anticipation) and they'll eat it so hard they'll question whether shuttle loop is good enough anymore (obvious hyperbole).

But, on the serious tip, Rock is not that Bad. It's has ingeniously stupid mind games.
Why should D-air be moved down? It's our primary gimping game tool. It really screws characters with Horizontal recovery like DK; good against vertical recoveries like Diddy's and is just plain Bad *** against characters that have start up before they start their recoveries like the Space animals and DDD.

Blue Flash said:

Bair
Inhale
Air Hammer
FSmash
Dair
USmash
UTilt
FThrow
DSmash
Fair
DTilt
Dash Attack
FTilt
Jabs
UThrow
DThrow
Nair
BThrow
Final Cutter
Stone
Ground Hammer
Pummel

I still think Final Cutter isn't all that great. All of Kirby's moves are good though
D-throw has to be below F-smash. U-tilt needs to be above F-smash. D-smash needs to be moved down (it has a small hit box. It's to anticipate dodge rolls at most). Where's U-air? Why is Pummel Below Ground Hammer? It's a 1% damage move that freshens your attacks? You can do it like 13 times a Match (assuming you remember each time you grab and do 2) and refresh 13 moves.

This list is Random. Don't get discouraged though. The only obvious thing about the list is that B-air is first, Air Hammer is Second and F-smash is Third. Everything else on the list is just based on the players opinion.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
Yeah, they will. You can't if you're a noob Kirby though. Sorry :ohwell:

A "good" Metaknight player generally likes to use Shuttle loop to Gimp you near the edge. Use rock (with anticipation) and they'll eat it so hard they'll question whether shuttle loop is good enough anymore (obvious hyperbole).
lol, i think you just called me a noob...:laugh: i think there are a few people that could vouch for me.

anyway, all i'll say about your logic is, you're wrong...but way to come off as an arrogant player who actually has no idea what he's talking about.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
lol, i think you just called me a noob...:laugh: i think there are a few people that could vouch for me.
I was speaking in general. Show me where I questioned your playing skills and I'll gladly retract it. I've no problem.

anyway, all i'll say about your logic is, you're wrong...but way to come off as an arrogant player who actually has no idea what he's talking about.

Don't you think that's a pretty biased assumption? You're going off on one comment. That says a lot more about you than it does about me. And, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

This is why Kirby's Meta Game will never fully evolve. Because there are people that think inside boxes. Of course, if you don't even try to find uses for stuff, you'll obviously never find anything.

I get where you're coming from. I also used to "ROFLMAO" when some one on the board said "RocK is Da Shizzle", and I still do. Know, saying that Rock has uses is totally different.

Trust me when I say that I've gotten MK's Shuttle Loop with Rock. Same as I've gotten MK's Shuttle Loop with Inhale. I think I have the Replay's to prove it, but I'm really not sure.

I'm pretty certain that I "could get people to Vouch for me" as well, but I don't need to. I can speak for myself.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
lol XD

a fight like this could go on forever so im just gonna let your comments slide. and im sorry there are people like me who will never advance kirby's meta game because im inside my box...oh wait. im gonna help you advance your kirby's meta game right now.

stone doesnt work against good MK's. i dont care if you hit mk with stone because you anticipated his shuttle loop. i dont care if you have the replay. i do this to crappy MK's all the time, and even good ones that dont know the matchup. but what if the MK actually thinks you might stone? MK can come at you like hes gonna shuttle loop, and once he gets into shuttle loop range, he is at a HUGE advantage. why? all he has to do is...look at you. because there are 2 options here:

1. you have already started turning into stone. at this point he decides not to shuttle loop, waits by your rock for you to untransform, and punishes you badly.

2. you have not started turning into stone yet. he can now freely hit you with shuttle loop, even if you try to stone, because shuttle loop will reach you before you can even transform.

im open to your counterargument, about how what i just said isnt true...or will you be the one one to sit in the box?

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
stone doesnt work against good MK's. i dont care if you hit mk with stone because you anticipated his shuttle loop. i dont care if you have the replay. i do this to crappy MK's all the time, and even good ones that dont know the matchup.
So, hitting a Good Meta Knight out of Shuttle loop with Rock that Knows the Match up is Impossible huh? I'm an anomaly then, cool.

but what if the MK actually thinks you might stone?
Mmm... The only way that I could think of a MK actually expecting a Stone would be after you hit them with it. Because, like you think, they think that it's impossible to get hit by stone and don't expect it.

MK can come at you like hes gonna shuttle loop, and once he gets into shuttle loop range, he is at a HUGE advantage. why? all he has to do is...look at you. because there are 2 options here:

1. you have already started turning into stone. at this point he decides not to shuttle loop, waits by your rock for you to untransform, and punishes you badly.

2. you have not started turning into stone yet. he can now freely hit you with shuttle loop, even if you try to stone, because shuttle loop will reach you before you can even transform.
If these are the Cases, F*** it. I didn't know I was playing some one that could actually, in the middle of a Dash, Look at me and either: Stop his approach all together (Because I used Rock early enough for him to retreat his approach right?) and Stand next to me waiting for for my inevitable doom or Pretty much know if he's gonna hit me with shuttle loop or not and retreat if I'm 4 frames into my animation.

Super Human $hit right there.

But, I will say this. Most of the Time, when a MK goes towards you to Shuttle Loop you, they rarely think they will get punished.

This whole argument stared because you got offended by me "Calling you a Noob". I only answered to your Generalization of every Kirby player in the sense that it is impossible to hit a Good MK player with Rock. Obviously, not every Kirby is the same. Neither are their mind games.

Personally I dont expect it from a good kirby- as they get better, most kirbys taper off use of DownB. So I dont really expect it. Also I think a decent kirby would fear the punish on it afterwards, you may be able to aerial after it ends, but Metaknight is a beast of retribution, and will most likely just set up somehting new.

So all in all, I say that I wouldn't expect it. Well-timed brick would **** mah shuttle loop.

Which is my Point. A good MK player won't expect a Well-timed Rock. Even more so, if playing a good Kirby.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
If these are the Cases, F*** it. I didn't know I was playing some one that could actually, in the middle of a Dash, Look at me and either: Stop his approach all together (Because I used Rock early enough for him to retreat his approach right?) and Stand next to me waiting for for my inevitable doom or Pretty much know if he's gonna hit me with shuttle loop or not and retreat if I'm 4 frames into my animation.

Super Human $hit right there.

But, I will say this. Most of the Time, when a MK goes towards you to Shuttle Loop you, they rarely think they will get punished.
they dont think they will get punished? a good metaknight should be considering this possibility. you know im talking about good MK's right?

and that example you listed isnt superhuman. my friend can do it every single time, and he sure as hell is no mew2king. i dunno, maybe youre talking about online, because offline it is definitely possible to react that fast.

EDIT: lol, youre trying to prove to me that MK's dont look out for rock with one response from the MK boards? what about the first guy that says he always looks out for it just in case? and what about my real life experience with someone who is always ready for it? just because kirby rarely uses stone, doesnt mean MK shouldnt be ready for it if it DOES happen.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
they dont think they will get punished? a good metaknight should be considering this possibility. you know im talking about good MK's right?

and that example you listed isnt superhuman. my friend can do it every single time, and he sure as hell is no mew2king. i dunno, maybe youre talking about online, because offline it is definitely possible to react that fast.
I am Talking about Offline. Everything I talk about is offline, I personally would prefer not playing than to play online. That's just me.

and that example you listed isnt superhuman. my friend can do it every single time, and he sure as hell is no mew2king.

So, you're going off playing a friend in friendlies? Because, I'm talking about in Tournament Play. That's probably why you think I'm talking out of my A**.

In the pressure of a Tournament Match, things don't go as seemingly as you'd think they'd go. You're reaction time is not the same.

I don't know if you've ever played in a tourney match. I'm guessing that your hypothesis is based on playing your Friends good MK in friendlies.

W/e Really. Choose to believe what you want to believe, but I at least got a statement from 1 person saying that they wouldn't expect it. Which is my point. Unless you've already done it to them, they will most definitely not expect it.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
I at least got a statement from 1 person saying that they wouldn't expect it. Which is my point. Unless you've already done it to them, they will most definitely not expect it.
you also got a statement from 1 player saying they WOULD expect it. seems like that is the more prepared player to me. and dude, maybe an MK doesnt learn to avoid brick until it has hit them. but once theyve learned they should never get hit by brick again, by ANY kirby, even if you yourself never get to land one. I know my friend won't...and its not just because he knows me well. its because hes prepared.

EDIT: irrelevant but yes, i have played in a tourney match before. and you can have the same reaction speed in tournament pressure as in friendlies. ever heard of athletes that are "clutch?"

EDIT 2: lol its like we're the only two people in this thread haha

Top Bottom