• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List (1st-3rd generation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCrest87

Smash Journeyman
For all the newbies and unknowing, here is the Tier List for Pokemon from 1st to 3rd generation, it is in no particular order, only in category, soooo...enjoy (b._.)b

Top Tier
Deoxys
Deoxys-E
Deoxys-F
Deoxys-L
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Latias
Latios
Lugia
Mew
Mewtwo
Rayquaza
Wobbuffet
Wynaut

High Tier
Aerodactyl
Blaziken
Blissey
Breloom
Celebi
Charizard
Claydol
Donphan
Dragonite
Dugtrio
Dusclops
Exeggutor
Flygon
Gengar
Gyarados
Heracross
Jirachi
Jolteon
Jynx
Ludicolo
Magneton
Marowak
Medicham
Metagross
Milotic
Moltres
Ninjask
Raikou
Regice
Regirock
Rhydon
Salamence
Sceptile
Scizor
Skarmory
Slaking
Snorlax
Starmie
Steelix
Suicune
Swampert
Tyranitar
Umbreon
Vaporeon
Venusaur
Weezing
Zapdos

Middle Tier
Alakazam
Arcanine
Armaldo
Articuno
Chansey
Cloyster
Crobat
Dodrio
Entei
Espeon
Forretress
Gardevoir
Hariyama
Houndoom
Jumpluff
Kadabra
Kingdra
Lapras
Machamp
Miltank
Porygon2
Registeel
Slowbro
Smeargle
Swellow
Tauros
Typhlosion
Ursaring
Zangoose

Low Tier
Absol
Aggron
Altaria
Ampharos
Arbok
Azumarill
Banette
Bellossom
Blastoise
Butterfree
Camerupt
Cacturne
Clefable
Cradily
Dunsparce
Electabuzz
Electrode
Exploud
Fearow
Feraligatr
Flareon
Gligar
Golduck
Golem
Gorebyss
Granbull
Grumpig
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Hitmontop
Hypno
Kabutops
Kangaskhan
Kingler
Lanturn
Linoone
Lunatone
Magmar
Manectric
Mantine
Meganium
Misdreavus
Mr.Mime
Muk
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Ninetales
Octillery
Omastar
Persian
Pinsir
Politoed
Poliwrath
Primeape
Quagsire
Qwilfish
Raichu
Rapidash
Sableye
Sandslash
Scyther
Seviper
Sharpedo
Shedinja
Shiftry
Shuckle
Slowking
Sneasel
Solrock
Stantler
Tangela
Tentacruel
Victreebel
Vileplume
Walrein
Xatu
Yanma

Bottom Tier (AKA never used)
Aipom
Ariados
Beedrill
Beautifly
Castform
Chimecho
Corsola
Crawdaunt
Delcatty
Delibird
Dewgong
Ditto
Dustox
Farfetch'd
Furret
Girafarig
Glalie
Huntail
Illumise
Kecleon
Ledian
Lickitung
Luvdisc
Magcargo
Masquerain
Mawile
Mightyena
Minun
Murkrow
Noctowl
Nosepass
Parasect
Pelipper
Pidgeot
Piloswine
Plusle
Raticate
Relicanth
Seaking
Spinda
Sudowoodo
Sunflora
Swalot
Togetic
Torkoal
Trapinch
Tropius
Unown
Venomoth
Volbeat
Wailord
Whiscash
Wigglytuff

And there you have it, the Pokemon Tier list from the 1st to 3rd generation. Unless you've been living under a rock you should know this...but if you just crawled out of that rock well...here you go. I'm sure it will change once the 4th generation comes into play though, especially since there will be 14 new Legendaries...ugh :dizzy:

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Why isn't it on the bottom teir along with the other trash? Yanma, Butterfree, and a whole lot of other pokemon deserve to be there too.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Butterfree sucks indeed and should be at the bottom crap space. But Miltank should be High Tier imo: It's not as good as Blissey but he could kick all ***** of the Pokémon in the Middle Tier list.

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
there is no way that is 100% accurate,
exaggutor is one of the best pokemon stat
wise. And some that have better stats
are put below there lower counter parts.
if wailord can be a powerhouse pokemon dude!
My lvl 40 could take out a lvl 46 mightyena
without items!

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
without items!
Wailord uses Water Spout!

Mightyena uses Howl!
Mightyena's Attack rose!

Mightyena uses Howl!
Mightyena's Attack rose!

Mightyena fainted!

Is that how it went?

JCrest87

Smash Journeyman
there is no way that is 100% accurate,
exaggutor is one of the best pokemon stat
wise. And some that have better stats
are put below there lower counter parts.
if wailord can be a powerhouse pokemon dude!
without items!

True Exeggutor is good, but other than it being in there to kill Groudon its useless and nobody will use it. And stats dont always matter if you're lagging in one category. Fer instance you can be really strong...but you wont be really good if your slow as hell. And wtf are you using Wailord For dude...one of THE worst pokemon in the game. Sure it has alot of HP but other than that it's completely useless. Its defense stat is pathetic and will die from one Physical attack. I suggest you switch out Wailord before you get too far with it and realize how awful it really is. :ohwell:

JCrest87

Smash Journeyman
Why isn't it on the bottom teir along with the other trash? Yanma, Butterfree, and a whole lot of other pokemon deserve to be there too.
Are you kidding? Arbok is strong and fast and has Shed skin. Yanma is quick and flying, same with butterfree. Flying types can do decent work in the Uber Metagame but they cant kill anything. They are really good at status hurting. Fer instance Butterfree can Stun Spore someone, follow it up with Toxic...Substitute, and Whirlind over and over. Or pair it up with Skarmory, have Skarmory use Spikes then have butterfree constantly Whirlind. It's all about the moves they can learn and how well they work with other pokemon.

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
lol, No it went like this: Wailord used waterfall, mightyena used crunch, wailord used waterfall and mightyena used crunch and mightyena used full restore right before wailord finished him off!, my group is:
Aggron lvl 45
Groudon lvl 57
Raichu lvl 45
Wailord lvl 41
Pelliper lvl 41
Regice lvl 41
and I beat the elite 4 with them two!

ChopingBoard

Smash Journeyman
deoxys blows if anyone has ever faught it
my team in fire red is more of a psychic mono. i have perfect ev spread and IVs. and they could all take on a stupid deoxys. deoxys goes in high. such low hp. even defense deoxys sucks

JCrest87

Smash Journeyman
deoxys blows if anyone has ever faught it
my team in fire red is more of a psychic mono. i have perfect ev spread and IVs. and they could all take on a stupid deoxys. deoxys goes in high. such low hp. even defense deoxys sucks
I disagree, I have worked with all three Deoxy's and they are pretty good. Deoxys-FR kills anything in one hit, but can only last so long, It could probrably take out 2-3 pokemon of same level then its out. Deoxys-LG is AMAZING, but ONLY used as a staller. Only Deoxys not that great is Deoxys-E & R/S

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Are you kidding? Arbok is strong and fast and has Shed skin. Yanma is quick and flying, same with butterfree. Flying types can do decent work in the Uber Metagame but they cant kill anything. They are really good at status hurting. Fer instance Butterfree can Stun Spore someone, follow it up with Toxic...Substitute, and Whirlind over and over. Or pair it up with Skarmory, have Skarmory use Spikes then have butterfree constantly Whirlind. It's all about the moves they can learn and how well they work with other pokemon.
Number one rule of pokemon: Dont use a certain pokemon if another is better in every category. Butterfree fails.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Why must they hurt the children? Their stubborness with sticking with Ash's old, regular pokemon just corrupts the youth into thinking pokemon like Pikachu can defeat Raichu.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Butterfree can Stun Spore someone, follow it up with Toxic...Substitute, and Whirlind over and over.
Stun Spore followed by Toxic......

I really thought Houndoom was better than that. Sure his defenses are low but....

Wynaut top tier? I have to give his stats a look.....

I also question Marowak and Medicham's placement.

Alakazam is only Middle?

Also you said no particular order. Looks like alphabetical to me. ^_^ ( I had to nitpick, couldn't help it.)

Big House #1

Smash Apprentice
That list isn't complete. It's missing Porygon, my favourite original pokemon!!! lol

Also, is this list based on stats or move sets or both?

Kman25

Smash Ace
That list isn't complete. It's missing Porygon, my favourite original pokemon!!! lol

Also, is this list based on stats or move sets or both?
I would say both, but more on stats really, Scizor is a good example of a good pokemon with good stats and good type with only one weakness (its type bug/steel meaning x4 weakness of fire), but has a very bad move pool meaning its not used as much as shouldve been, another example of this is probably arcanine

JCrest87

Smash Journeyman
Stun Spore followed by Toxic......

I really thought Houndoom was better than that. Sure his defenses are low but....

Wynaut top tier? I have to give his stats a look.....

I also question Marowak and Medicham's placement.

Alakazam is only Middle?

Also you said no particular order. Looks like alphabetical to me. ^_^ ( I had to nitpick, couldn't help it.)
Wynaut can kill anything in one hit just like Wobbufett, i didnt beleive it either but sadly...i fell victim to one :ohwell: Marowak is a really good Pokemon as well. Stick it in with Gyarados as a partner equipped with lightning rod and you've got a dangerous pair there. It can also swordance + Earthquake just like Groudon...you could say its a mini Groudon. I dont know anything about Medicham. Alakazam is good, a really good sweeper...but Will die from one attack from any strong pokemon Alakazam & Gardevoir are practically the same thing.

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
ugh, jc crest stop double posting!
but pikachu can take out a raichu if it is a higher lvl .

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I remember back in the day of just red and blue (back when I used to play) ditto was usable. A bit tricky and perhaps situational, but not useless. Has it changed that much?

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
yeah , a ditto has a poor chance unless it is a higher pokemon or has
a realy good trainer.

JCrest87

Smash Journeyman
yeah , a ditto has a poor chance unless it is a higher pokemon or has
a realy good trainer.
A ditto has virtually no chance. 1vs 1 Ditto will get hit once having to transform, then will get hit again and die. 2 vs 2 Ditto is pretty much dead before it even started. A Magikarp can beat Ditto for cryin out loud, and thats not opinion...its fact beleive it or not -_-

Big House #1

Smash Apprentice
It's missing Porygon because Porygon 2 replaces Porygon. It's based on both stats and moves.
Eh? So are you saying that it replaces it because it's a evolution, or for some other reason. But if it is based on it being a evo, then why is Wynaut on there?

JCrest87

Smash Journeyman
Eh? So are you saying that it replaces it because it's a evolution, or for some other reason. But if it is based on it being a evo, then why is Wynaut on there?
Because people actually use Wynaut, hahah...odd i know. Apperantly Wynaut can take out some uber pokemon because its stats suck so it will get hit once...ALMOST die, then you hit em back with counter or Mirror Coat. Or give it Quick claw and destiny bond. Certain pokemon are used despite their pre-evelution...like Onix & Steelix, Porygon 1 and porygon 2 are pretty much the same, except Porygon 2 is better.

Big House #1

Smash Apprentice
Ah, makes sense now. Ok, thanks for that. :)
But I didn't think Wynaut learned Counter/Mirror Coat/etc. I thought it only learns them once it evolves. :s obviously I'm wrong. lol

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
I thought electrobe would of been higher then that. Isn't he one of the fastest pokemon. He has good power aswell. Can someone answer my question on why he is down so far.

Samochan

Smash Master
Yauhz for smogon tier list. I wonder is though why they have dropped espeon and alakazam from the standard list to borderline, but my guess is that since the current metagame revolves a lot around tanks (especially celebi, snorlax and blissey), so without a proper set both get utterly destroyded by them. To name a few, Blissey, Celebi, Dusclops, Exegutor without fire punch, Jirachi, metagross without fire punch, snorlax, umbreon and tyrannitar can all counter them and neither can switch in to a lot of pokes. Also, what the heck is Jynx doing on the standard list? O_o;; Lovely kiss/calm mind/dragon killing ownage? Last time I checked Jynx could be useable in underused metagame... >_>;;

JCrest87

Smash Journeyman
Yauhz for smogon tier list. I wonder is though why they have dropped espeon and alakazam from the standard list to borderline, but my guess is that since the current metagame revolves a lot around tanks (especially celebi, snorlax and blissey), so without a proper set both get utterly destroyded by them. To name a few, Blissey, Celebi, Dusclops, Exegutor without fire punch, Jirachi, metagross without fire punch, snorlax, umbreon and tyrannitar can all counter them and neither can switch in to a lot of pokes. Also, what the heck is Jynx doing on the standard list? O_o;; Lovely kiss/calm mind/dragon killing ownage? Last time I checked Jynx could be useable in underused metagame... >_>;;

Electrode is good in a way, sure it's fast but it can easily be KO'd with one hit. Electrodes only purpose in an uber battle is to Explode, and hope your opponents dont Protect. Other than that Electrode is useless sadly :ohwell: Jinx is favored for her many status inflicting attacks. She can almost put any pokemon to sleep and have her partner beat em sensless. Espeon and Alakazam are good...but both are Special sweepers and nothing else, they will lose to tanks no problem.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Eh well, I gave up all hope in the Smogon tier list when they moved Zam to the same tier as Kada. Either way, I never got why Chansey and Kada are BL. They are UU at best. And the whole Zam/Crobat/Garde/Forry/Kingdra/Machamp/Smeargle/Tauros getting moved to BL thing was pretty dumb. If Espeon is BL, then Vappy is UU. Vappy is used as a Wish supporter to CBers only, since CMcunes kinda died, so did the Hazers. Espeon is still used for its abilities as an awesome special sweeper and BP. Zam's use has declined, yea, but it still doesn't deserve to be pushed to BL. Especially when Kada's there. CBbats and CMGardes died as well, but they're still too overpowered to be included in the BL. Same goes with Kingdra and Champ. I don't see too many problems with Forry, Smear or Tauros though.

Yea, they should just push Kada and Chansey off the board. If they're gonna include the "usable" prevos, then Clamperl, Pikachu, and Vigoroth also deserve spots, but all 3 were rejected.

JCrest87

Smash Journeyman
Eh well, I gave up all hope in the Smogon tier list when they moved Zam to the same tier as Kada. Either way, I never got why Chansey and Kada are BL. They are UU at best. And the whole Zam/Crobat/Garde/Forry/Kingdra/Machamp/Smeargle/Tauros getting moved to BL thing was pretty dumb. If Espeon is BL, then Vappy is UU. Vappy is used as a Wish supporter to CBers only, since CMcunes kinda died, so did the Hazers. Espeon is still used for its abilities as an awesome special sweeper and BP. Zam's use has declined, yea, but it still doesn't deserve to be pushed to BL. Especially when Kada's there. CBbats and CMGardes died as well, but they're still too overpowered to be included in the BL. Same goes with Kingdra and Champ. I don't see too many problems with Forry, Smear or Tauros though.

Yea, they should just push Kada and Chansey off the board. If they're gonna include the "usable" prevos, then Clamperl, Pikachu, and Vigoroth also deserve spots, but all 3 were rejected.
Yeah im not quite sure why they took Tauros down, Tauros is a ****ing tank...not in terms of defense, but in terms of Offense. PLUS it has Intimidate, whats not to love?

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
Manectric? Low teir? That is not right. He is heaps good. Speed and good sp attack and hes speed works very well in a combanation with thunderbolt, Thunderwave or thunder. He pwns. If he was riped off he should be middle teir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom