• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier gaps compared to Melee

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It does though.

The lack of punishing ability affects the lower tiers more, since they rely on the hard punishes off one mistake to win. In Brawl low tiers have to get several of these to take off a single stock, not to mention how easily higher tiers restrict movement options, since there is far less freedom of movement.

APEX was quite an exceptional tournament for both games. I also think that when talking about diversity you forget that Brawl has far more characters, so the appearance of different faces should be scaled as there is a wider selection.
Well this applies in both games since, well they are low tier for a reason. Their traits make it hard for them to win for one reason or another, wither it is punishes or another reason. Brawl top tiers are generally the best at approaching and keeping out because of their traits. Well that is the same as Melee where the top tiers are the best at keeping safe and at approaching.

As for the Brawl's larger cast, well that is what makes it sort of debatable to talk about tier gaps.

Everything that you said is true, although my point that punishes are harsher in melee still stands.

I think we've reached an impasse and I respect your views so I will stop here.

Top Bottom