• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thunder Super Armor Frames???

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this is known or not, so if this is known I would prefer you not to flame me, but if you do I kind of deserve it anyway. Try not to be too mean. I am a Pikachu newb, and this caught my attention when watching videos.

I think that Thunder may have a period of time where Pikachu does not flinch. I noticed it in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ8qxLfI5KY&NR=1
Look at 2:10-2:15. Pikachu gets hit by Wolf and takes 16 damage, but doesn't move. From where Wolf hit him I think that is the Meteor Smash zone on Wolf's side b, and yet Pikachu continues the move. I hope I helped and thank you for reading through this message.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well, while Pikachu took damage there, go to Training Mode, get a lot of Blast Boxes until you can't get anymore. Then get in between them and use Thunder. Ta-da! No damage! Nothing!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ok. that is not super armor frames. thunder has inviciblity frames and not super armor. what happened here is that wolfs forward b spiked pikachu, and the low percent of pikachu sorta just made him get stunned into the ground, like most spikes at low percent. then the hitlag of the move kept wolf there for the thunder to hit.

gallax

Smash Hero
lol. i didnt even bother to take a look at the vid until stealth said something. stealth is right. it was a spike. pika does not have super armor. lol.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Aw. I was hoping to have an excuse to yell "They're using the Thunder as Armor!"
*does so anyways*

"THEY'RE USING THE THUNDER AS ARMOR!!!"

Top Bottom