• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thunder is godly.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
seriously, I love this move.
Before I wrote it off as kind of useless and only used it to get a bit more damage on somebody when my upsmash didn't kill them (or to kill floaties a tiny bit faster).
But then i realized that it *****.
this is and amazing move for setting up edgeguards.
It shuts down a lot of character's recoveries.
After i smack em off the stage, i jump off, then jump back and down b and it goes right in front of the ledge.

specifically: Samus, Peach, ICs, DK, Boozer, Mario/Doc, Luigi, and a few others that i'm forgetting.

its so helpful against characters that pichu has trouble hitting out of their upB (DK and peach).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I would just Up-B into it, then use my Up-B again.

soju

SD God
o-o you do know the thunder animation ends when the lightning actually stops, and pichus thunder basically has little knockback/hitstun. . . its most likely not going to work on the plumbers, samus, and peach. Dk and boozer as strongbad said have plenty of time to up-b again, unless theyre 150+% or something, its decent but its better to go with a high priority move like dair.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
no, moves like dair and nair can't beat out most of those character's upB unless you hit them in the right place, thunder sets up a lot of stuff and you are able to move again pretty quickly as long as it doesn't hit pichu.
If I get some characters at the right height, its combos into fsmash/ftilt.

maybe I should upload a video or something showing what I'm talking about... but right now i have no way of recording. i only need like $25 more though... then i can get dazzle or something.

Top Bottom