• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thunder Bay/ Lakehead U (NorthWestern Ontario)

DatDuck

Smash Rookie
2014/2015 has been the year for smash within Thunder Bay! We have had many tournaments and local get togthers every week! We are starting to have monthly tournaments now! See the Facebook group below =)

Pervious-
Hey just wondering if there are any people in Thunder Bay or the university that play one or any of the super smash series. I am looking to practice with others and play with people, so I don't have to play against CPU's all day. As well I was hoping to start a club at the university if people showed enough interest. I know at least 5-10 of my friends that would join. Hope to hear from at least someone.

Last edited:

PortalLogic

Smash Rookie
Hey, I know this is late but I just saw your post. Let me know if you ever want to have a game; also if you get this club going I might be able to convince some of my friends to show up. I play all smash bros games so just gives me a heads up.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I'll be in North Bay for the next school year. I'll be pretty busy, but I should have enough time on weekends for some games!

I play melee and a bit of 64.

Edit: oops misread the title

Last edited:

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Hey guys,

I just transferred to Lakehead U this month. I've been out of the Smash scene for a long time, but the bug has bitten and I want to get a decent scene started in Thunder Bay during my visit here.

I'm planning on getting some flyers up on campus next week and see what the interest is like. I'm sure it will pick up in September when the rest of the school comes in.

I'm think we could do some small event at my place, even if its just a few guys coming over to play Smash. I want to get back in form.

Edit: I should mention that I am a fan of Melee primarily and would prefer playing that.

Last edited:

PortalLogic

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I just transferred to Lakehead U this month. I've been out of the Smash scene for a long time, but the bug has bitten and I want to get a decent scene started in Thunder Bay during my visit here.

I'm planning on getting some flyers up on campus next week and see what the interest is like. I'm sure it will pick up in September when the rest of the school comes in.

I'm think we could do some small event at my place, even if its just a few guys coming over to play Smash. I want to get back in form.

Edit: I should mention that I am a fan of Melee primarily and would prefer playing that.
Hey; I'm going to be hosting a smash tournament this upcoming Saturday August 30th at the Moose Lodge 317 May St. South Thunder Bay. There will be a $5.00 entry fee which will gain you access to both melee and Project M tournaments. Registration is between 12:30 and 1:30. Hope to see you there, and yeah I want to get a smash scene going here as well. Send me a PM if you want more details.

Doctor Saius

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dr. Saius
Hope the Tbay community picks up, isn't there a smash club at LU or con college?

Last edited:

DatDuck

Smash Rookie
The community in T-bay has definitely grown significantly in the past year I can say. As of right now there is no smash club at LU that offers but there has been some discussion between some individuals (including myself) about starting one.

This coming weekend there will be another tournament! This coming Saturday! check the Facebook page above for more details.

Hopefully we can get more people out to this event then before. =D

Star Child

Smash Rookie
So it's looking pretty likely that I'll be moving to thunder bay for the next while. This scene is still fairly active, right? I'd love to keep playing smash with excellent people (mostly melee)

DatDuck

Smash Rookie
Hello there!

The scene is becoming more active by the months! We are now having monthly tournaments for both melee and project m - as that is where our player base is mostly at. Here is a link to our facebook group! facebook.com/groups/386458438165337?ref=bookmark

If your wanting to play I can get a buch of melee player for friendlies, message me directly through facebook - william Sorley or group page.

When are you planning on coming up?

Thanks

Sorley
So it's looking pretty likely that I'll be moving to thunder bay for the next while. This scene is still fairly active, right? I'd love to keep playing smash with excellent people (mostly melee)

BallNuts

Smash Rookie
2014/2015 has been the year for smash within Thunder Bay! We have had many tournaments and local get togthers every week! We are starting to have monthly tournaments now! See the Facebook group below =)

Pervious-
Hey just wondering if there are any people in Thunder Bay or the university that play one or any of the super smash series. I am looking to practice with others and play with people, so I don't have to play against CPU's all day. As well I was hoping to start a club at the university if people showed enough interest. I know at least 5-10 of my friends that would join. Hope to hear from at least someone.
You still going to Lake head? I'm going this fall. I play melee only but I love the game and want to get better, I'm coming from Calgary, maybe we can play.

Star Child

Smash Rookie
You still going to Lake head? I'm going this fall. I play melee only but I love the game and want to get better, I'm coming from Calgary, maybe we can play.
You're from Calgary? what was your tag? I'm from calgary too and have been in the scene for a bit (tag is Starman)

DatDuck

Smash Rookie
Hey! Myself and many other play Melee along with the other versions, and will be in thunderbay this year! I myself am melee first :) I am planning on having a "LUssb" club this year, which will feature weeklies and bigger end of the month tourneys, (if everything goes right). :p

I am always down to play! We have a Thunderbay Smash facebook group which is one of our main sources of communication with the community. https://facebook.com/groups/386458438165337?ref=bookmarks

Top Bottom