• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thumbs Combo

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I haven't read much on the Diddy Kong boards so if this has already been discovered just let me know.

My combo: Glide toss a banana forward then do a f tilt, pick up the same banana immediately and repeat. I've done it three times across FD on a Snake and a Fox before. It's inescapable if done correctly. Works only at low percents.

I don't have a video of this because the two matches I did this in recently were not recorded. I'll be sure to post a vid the moment I can. In the meantime, practice up and see if you find it useful.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Eventually, yes. At low percents you can do it three times before they can escape. I'd imagine it works better on heavier characters cause they won't be knocked back as far.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I haven't read much on the Diddy Kong boards so if this has already been discovered just let me know.

My combo: Glide toss a banana forward then do a f tilt, pick up the same banana immediately and repeat. I've done it threw times across FD on a Snake and a Fox before. It's inescapable if done correctly. Works only at low percents.

I don't have a video of this because the two matches I did this in recently were not recorded. I'll be sure to post a vid the moment I can. In the meantime, practice up and see if you find it useful.
Sounds cool. I'll try it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Try it with the Dtilt as well, since it generally has less knockback. You could even switch it up on the fly.

EDIT: lol N4N3RZ. We've named a whole playstyle after you >.<

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Shrug...

It could almost be an acceptable name though...cause its the F-Tilt, where he looks like hes sticking his thumbs out...get it???

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Try it with the Dtilt as well, since it generally has less knockback. You could even switch it up on the fly.
Yeah I was going to say, Dtilt seems like it would work pretty well since it makes your opponent stand up until they're at a high %. It's really great for hitting them into a banana that's right in front of or behind them, especially because you have tons of time to follow up.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Shrug...

It could almost be an acceptable name though...cause its the F-Tilt, where he looks like hes sticking his thumbs out...get it???
It's a stupid name I know lol, but what else am I going to call it? Try it out though, when I did it to Plank he was like, " WTF **** Diddy!". I also did it on Candy and he was impressed with it. It's a great way to build up damage if you can get it three times. Maybe even four if you do it with the d tilt. I have yet to try that one out myself.

Top Bottom