• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ThrowZ

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Yep yep, Im a new sonic secondary, soo Id figured Id start with my most puzzling question.

Bes throw.

I jus wanna kno, wuts every1s opinion on best and most used throw.

So far Ive been Dthrow tech chasing, and Bthrowing off ledges.
I uthrow on heavy weights, or fast fallers at low/mid %s.

A question I want specificly answered ; Is Fthrow betta than Uthrow?
If so, why, or why not.

List some of yur favorite follow ups as well.

Example - Sometimes after I dthrow, instead of regrabbing Ill ASC.

Thx ahead.

Tenki

Smash Hero
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173472
^... ;d

I use D-throw for techchasing/gimping, B-throw for gimping setups and KO's. I use U-throw for damage (U-throw>U-air/N-air/F-air at 0% is a free 25%+ more juggling/followup) and situationally, for showoff kills at 200% lol

an opener I do sometimes is U-throw> u-air > (double jump) B-air

F-throw is nice if you expect your opponent to double jump. Usually like if you do it facing the edge.

Check this thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164331
for possible 'setups'. Most of them can be set up with throws

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I like uThrow at low percents because you can usually attack them before the hitlag wears off.

However, dThrow has to be the best throw Sonic has. Tech-chasing, damaging building, and if the opponent doesn't react in time, an infinite jab.

Hell, it can even gimp enemies when you dThrow them off the level. dThrow off the level, then run off and fair. If they already used their second jump, unless they have a ridiculous recovery, they are usually done for.

My favorite is to dThrow to a charging fSmash. For some strange reason, people love to roll into the fSmash while it's charging, and try to block it with their face.

Needless to say, it's never advisable to block a fSmash with your face, especially if you're above 60-70%.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Fthrow is great when at high percents. I've noticed alot of people DI toward me and I can UpB > Uair them. It seems to put you just far enough to the side that Dair's shouldn't be much trouble and it'll connect nicely.

Browny

Smash Hater
u throw to
utilt
usmash
short hopped n-air

at low %'s works great. if your opponent is predictable with airdodging immediately after being thrown, just wait a hit them with u tilt once the effect is over :D

and dthrow - dash attack is pretty easy to get off. be sure to hit in the first few frames to get the extra 2%.

another thing, if you get predictable with dthrow - dash, you can always charge up a dsmash. looks the same as vb, and you can generally get it to full charged to KO someome who rolls into you. its how i get many of my KOs against notoriously hard to hit characters like G&W

Top Bottom