• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Throwing

NiRV7iQ

Smash Apprentice
*Searched... couldn't find a thread about this... link me to it if there is one... thanks*

When I grab with Link, I find myself feeling very unsure of what to do. It isn't as defined as it was in melee(dthrow > utilt) and I don;t feel like there has been very much discussion about this.

I tend to find myself throwing opponents up and then kind of improvising afterwards... back throw>boomerang would be next. Any suggestions? Thoughts?

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Dthrow -> bair
Dthrow -> usmash (running a bit forward) <- at low %
Dthrow -> use the time to pickup bomb
Dthrow -> uspecial in the air (against Pit, Meta,... if they usually doublejump after your throw instead of airdodging)

Thats what I do all the time.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
down throw is the best throw to go with. For a kill, up throw kills at pretty high percents.
it surpises people thou. Whenever someone like jiggz is at 130% or more, i up throw her, she dies no matter what, unless good DI.

At low percents, if I'm against a character I don't want to keep close to me/above me I use back-throw and commence spammage! ;D

Izaw

Smash Ace
seriously...

D-throw is good. BUT I rather Back-Throw and Dash Attack Cancel after the opponent. But this only works against heavy or normal weight characters.

Force

Smash Apprentice
Dthrow -> bair
Dthrow -> usmash (running a bit forward) <- at low %
Dthrow -> use the time to pickup bomb
Dthrow -> uspecial in the air (against Pit, Meta,... if they usually doublejump after your throw instead of airdodging)

Thats what I do all the time.
Kayjay i have been experimenting with throw into U-special and i'm landing it more and more, if you space it correctly it kills decently too. Peeps, the technique for D-throw U-special is. you press down throw then take 2 steps backward pivot, read DI(very closely) and there is a very strange way to aim it but it's doable with practice(obviously during casuals) sometimes because if you start to understand his Up-B in the air's hitbox more it starts to become an aerial dodge counter. you want to always be facing your oponent when you do this because the spike hitframe on the last swing of his up-B is about a 45* from his head forward. and you want to up-B as soon as you lift off the ground almost so the spike frame comes sooner and it's more of an abrupt attack. *also keep in mind you can do this with a bomb in your hand* so when you couple this with Aniki's style of bombing someones fall to make their fall more predictable and also couple it with D-air(coming from beneath) people start to **** bricks as soon as you get them in the air.

Top Bottom