• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Throw Uair combos

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys ever Dthow/Uthrow into one or more Uairs? I was just playing against my friend's yoshi and it was pretty much the only way I could consistently combo him in the air.

Krigar

Smash Rookie
At around 0% you can u-throw to Knee/Uair on some people. But these are only "combos" and probably won't work for various reasons. But still.. starting off a fight with a knee is fun stuff.

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
dthrow uair wont work all the time, once you dthrow it becomes a guessing game. to whether they: airdodge (regrab, or buffer it), double jump (free aerial), or attack (depending on the aerial they use you might be able to outprioritize it with an uair, or just wait for the aerial to whiff and then go for a grab or whatnot). The ability to predict what your opponent is going to do from the throws has become the new tech chase somewhat.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
Correct. Which is why dash attack is better to try and use after a Dthrow.
at least until higher percents/ they catch on. after they learn to jump or air dodge after the grab, you can predict that action and take advantage by: knee uair or another grab, possibly f.kick or r. boost?

Top Bottom