• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Three most wanted changes? (Aside from Online)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Fix online should be top priority. People with horrible connections should not be allowed to play online.
As well make preferred rules for online be enforced rules. I'm sick and tired of facing people with dumb *** rules like time and items on quickplay.
Everything about this. I don’t know how or why they allowed the online to be so pitiful. It’s the kind of **** you would expect for a game made for five year-olds.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
- better loading of the alternate colors on the CSS. I mean seriously, this game's presentation is almost flawless, why do I have to wait 10-15 seconds for King K Rool's orange color to be displayed? It's weirdly unoptimized

- Please remember the fighter I have picked last round.

- Hazardless toggle button similar to Omega and Battlefield toggles.

That's all, really. No other problems for me

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
1. Stage Builder
2. Give :ultsonic: his "You're Too Slow!" taunt back, damnit.
3. Someone please fix :ultzss:'s animations. That Up-B is horrifying to look at in slo-mo!

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
1: I know the thing says "aside from online", but separate absurd rules and competitive stuff from each other, like what Smash 4 did with "For Fun" and "For Glory". The latter can specifically only have Battlefield and evil FD/Omega as the stages with either 2-3 stock with 6-8 minutes respectively to suit the needs of various competitive rules. This way, people who want some competitive combat can play the second option, while absurd rules can go the other way while not affecting GSP... even though I still think this whole GSP thing is dumb from the start.
Someone also mentioned being able to change your character during Quickplay so you're not locked onto one character, and this could be helpful when you're fighting a character that's a bad matchup for you, but you're stuck at a disadvantage due to being unable to change characters without leaving. In the event that such a thing gets added in the future, there should be a 20-second timer to choose your next character after the match so it won't seem like they're stalling.

2: Better replay/snapshot functionality. I miss the times in Brawl where you could send replays and snapshots to friends, but now you can't. Just means more money's needed just so you can get vids record, though I like the times where you could send generous friends the replays to progress. Lots of money having to be spent just to get some of the stuff you need, not enjoyable.
There's also some stuff when taking snapshots that don't really work, like you can't scroll close to the end of a stage like you used to (Hyrule Temple is a good example of this), which is frustrating. Camera mode will also be disabled during certain things, like stage transformations from levels like the Kalos League stage or when that Fatal Frame girl appears. Other times you can't zoom in, example being when the Squid Sisters AT is on the field. Despite there being more features for snapshots in this game compared to the others, these various restrictions still hurt, especially as someone who likes to be creative with Smash snapshots.

3: Display the changes that each patch will have when they're announced. As some have complained about, when a patch is announced and then released, no one knows what changes are in effect, what characters have been buffed or nerfed, or any of that. With the previous patch, it only told us what characters were changed but not how. Patches should tell you what will be in effect and what's been added/removed so we don't have to keep labbing blindly. They should also announce bug fixes too if applicable.

Short version is:
1: Separate Competitive rules and absurd rules from each other while preventing GSP from affecting non-competitive rules.
2: Improve replay/snapshot functionality and enable the ability to send replays/snapshots to friends like Brawl did.
3: Patch changes should be listed when patches are announced and/or in effect.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Complete the DK Rap.
>Change the "C" in K.Rool's text for the Boxing Ring stage with a "K".
>Add horns to the Galacta Knight alt.

Not much else to say.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
1. Make it so that it saves your fighter selection between matches. It does for CPUs, have it do it for humans.

2. Add an option to sort stages and fighters by series.

3. The ability to change rules on the fly from fighter select like the other games.

Bonus: Option to pick fighters before stages.
Yes... the changes that were made for this game are completely needless outside of competitive play. Making it optional would make it a lot more enjoyable for those playing just for fun. Those who are enjoying this new structure could keep using it. Everybody wins.

For my three, I'm going to get back to ringing the bell I've been ringing since Brawl:

1. Random character switch - functions exactly like the stage switch. Turn off characters so they don't come up in random. Ideally you could also use this to INCLUDE Mii Fighters who don't currently come up in random.

2. Be able to change rules on the fly. I do like that we CAN save rulesets and I use that function a lot, but I would love to be able to make quick adjustments like I've been doing for the last 20 years. The saved rulesets are great when I'm just playing alone, but playing with other humans on the couch (a niche market now, I know) often necessitates ad-hoc rule changes.

3. Bring back the mini games. All of them. Break the Targets, Race to the Finish, Home Run Contest, Target Blast, Trophy* Lottery, Coin Launcher, Trophy* Rush, Smash Run, Smash Tour

*(substitute spirits for trophies, naturally).

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
- better loading of the alternate colors on the CSS. I mean seriously, this game's presentation is almost flawless, why do I have to wait 10-15 seconds for King K Rool's orange color to be displayed? It's weirdly unoptimized
Oh my god thank you. This. This is what annoys me more than anything else.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Yes... the changes that were made for this game are completely needless outside of competitive play. Making it optional would make it a lot more enjoyable for those playing just for fun. Those who are enjoying this new structure could keep using it. Everybody wins.

For my three, I'm going to get back to ringing the bell I've been ringing since Brawl:

1. Random character switch - functions exactly like the stage switch. Turn off characters so they don't come up in random. Ideally you could also use this to INCLUDE Mii Fighters who don't currently come up in random.

2. Be able to change rules on the fly. I do like that we CAN save rulesets and I use that function a lot, but I would love to be able to make quick adjustments like I've been doing for the last 20 years. The saved rulesets are great when I'm just playing alone, but playing with other humans on the couch (a niche market now, I know) often necessitates ad-hoc rule changes.

3. Bring back the mini games. All of them. Break the Targets, Race to the Finish, Home Run Contest, Target Blast, Trophy* Lottery, Coin Launcher, Trophy* Rush, Smash Run, Smash Tour

*(substitute spirits for trophies, naturally).
I would love a random toggle. Especially if you could adjust alts too cause I don't like doing random and getting random colors or even characters.

Another minor thing I thought of is make the ready to fight banner smaller. As it is, it covers up a large portion of the roster making you kind of guess where the pin is (and to change CPU's, you have to put yours down first meaning it will show up) if you don't have it memorized and with the new order, that can be difficult.

SNinjaStudios

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1881-9214-4032
  1. Give Spirits descriptions. It would be way easier to appreciate the Spirits of the more obscure charcters if I actually knew who they were.
  2. Allow players to taunt online. T-bagging is far more annoying; at least taunts are actually unique to each character.
  3. Save your fighter selection between matches; this was in every other Smash game, and I don't see any good reason as to why it isn't in Ultimate either, considering how the game can already save CPU picks.
I realize that others have already stated all of the above, but I stand by my choices, since my other grievances with Ultimate would require reworking entire sections of the game or adding new ones and are probably unrealstic as a result.

Last edited:

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Change Yoshi's Island (Melee) into a Mario stage, so the rest of the SMW music can play on it.

Top Bottom