• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts On My Ike

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
With these few videos there is something to mention.... If you don't like the commentary.. turn you sound off. However, the commentary is pretty entertaining if you want to listen.

Here are some videos of my Ike in action. I play Shrink everyday and he loves the new marth. These are the only vids we have up right now. Just wondering what everyone thought of how my Ike looks... Anything to improve on type of deal.

I am also welcome to any advice of people who think they know how to handle a Marth with Ike. Please.. i would love to hear you take on how to fight this Marth.

ADDED April 1, 2008
FireWulf(Ike) v Shrink(Marth) 1
After the suicides at the start.. it turns into a good match with a nice little bit of a fire ending

FireWulf(Ike) v Shrink(Marth) 2
Lylate screwed with the video sorry about that.

Hopefully More to come later.

If anyone would like to fight my friend Shrink online... he accepts challenges online through Game battles. His name is shrinkray21. Go ahead and see if you can take him. I personally don't play online... the lag throws off all of my timing.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
haha dont you HATE the accidental F-air to death combos haha i get those from time to time

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Absolutely solid ike, the well scouted edgegrabs sort of screw with you but that's not really so much you as a good eye by the opponent.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
You seem to roll alot...but in this game it's not so bad since rolling isn't as punishable..if this was Melee though...

You overestimate f-smash and you seem to do it in awkward places where it would only hit if the opponent was really careless...

Horrible application of bair...don't feel bad though as most ikes use bair like ******* anyway...I do give you props for the string of bairs from the utilts at the end of the 2nd vid..but I see those as mistakes on his part as he could have easily airdodged them...oh well his fault

Not sure why you tried to use Dair on a Marth so wrecklessly at around 1:07 in the 2nd vid..

You were mostly recovering and getting hit in the 2nd video so I am very confused about why you posted this vid if you wanted us to rate your Ike. Do you want us to rate your Ike or how well your Ike survive's against your friend's Marth... *_*

I spotted Random QD...n00b tactics *cough*

The stay on the stage and wait edeguarding thingy will only work for some people...you should try varying your edeguard. Try going off the stage sometimes...if you know the limits of Ike's recovery it should not be a big deal.

Also why Dtilt vs a Marth...?! Remember auto sweetspot?..the only reason you hit him was because of his stupidity. Stick to things that actually WORK and try to depend less on your opponent being a fool and running into your attacks. If you keep up that habit then you're gonna have very bad luck against smarter opponents.

...all in all unimpressive to me but decent gameplay nonetheless. Don't think of this as offensive I just mean the gameplay is boring to watch..it's just another Ike match to me. Most Ikes look the same for the most part unfortunately...I wish people would focus more on developing their own playing styles...

That was as constructive as I could be..hope it helps

Also if you wanna Ike ditto let me know. :p Just incase you think I'm just a random nub sputtering words.

Top Bottom