• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This might be a out-of-the-blue question.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
Lol that'l be kinda hard if you don't have a Wii (unless you have good access too one):p

I think your mains reflect how your secondaries play and vice versa, but I never saw any relation from my Melee main to my Brawl main, however ROB is comparable to Samus in Brawl. Use who you like the most, if you like ROB, use him.

Also inb4sudai

Sudai

Stuff here
I have a Wii and Brawl. I haven't used either in quite some time.

Those other people that do well at the tourney you go to? Talk to them, go to their place to practice Brawl. That's the best bet, imo.

The only way to be good with a character in Brawl without playing Brawl often is to pick up MK.

ND: inb4Sudai? What's that supposed to mean? D:

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Edits:
I don't feel like I have the knoledge to contribute my thoughts in any parts of this forum, thus I keep my mouth shut.
Neither do I really, but I still post and Im active on the boards. As long as you don't say anything too noobish we (they) won't kill you.

As for your main question Sudai pretty much answered it.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
I get exactly what you mean. For a long time I didn't have a wii (and I wanted one so bad). For the longest time all I could do was go over to a friends house and practice there. You have to pressure you're own self into getting one. (maybe get a job? thats what I did)

Other wise just do what sudai said, and find someone and practice with him/her and/or pick up metaknight (too easy to get good at lol)

Sudai

Stuff here
Easy way to fix the FFA and bad players problem. Play with the good people at their house or other places away from the club. If none of them want to do that then you're probably gonna have to travel if you want to get better.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
Jem is #2 player in my state and he doesn't own a wii. If you have at least some access to one you'll do fine. However, ROB can take a little while to be crazy good with. If you aren't going to tournaments just play who you like. If you are going to go to tournaments and compete without a wii or regular access to one, and plan on winning / placing high. I would recommend Dedede? Or if you are a loser you could pick yoshi, pretend he's good, talk to the yoshi forums about how you think he counters metaknight, and be generally laughed at by the brawl community.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
When the temps here get a little warmer, I will be traveling to the nearby Play n Trade. I can can play there and will usually have some people down chilling.

Also in the community we have some special meetup days, so everyone who is decently good and up go. and we have a little party. =D

I don't think the club is the best choice. It gets pretty filled.
I would rather go to the P.n.T. and get some work done there.

Ha. The Yoshi Boards. XD

I feel so much more welcome here Once I'll get some recorded matches in. Maybe you can give me a hand on what I can improve on. yes. (I don't play like a normal ROB. I play differently...alot)

emergency

Smash Journeyman
...I still feel welcome, but the eyes are still glaring at me! D:

edit:

I should feel brave. I have lurked for a while with an old account. But didn't say anything. I looked at that one thread where Sudai curshed a soul and ate it. *shivers* I hope I don't get on his bad side. o_o

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Thats why I didn't post the first 6 months I signed up here lol I didn't feel welcome and didn't want to say anything stupid <_< But they say I'm doing fine amirite?

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
You are the cool cheese.

And honestly, just play a character you enjoy playing, not necessarily the one you think is the easiest or most advantageous to play, because oftentimes what drives you to get better is just enjoying what you're doing. If that happens to be R.O.B., all the more power to you.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
Injury system:

Injuries plays a very vital role to Lasr; it's the obtainable goal that you want to reach to completely sweep your opponents with ease. With more accumulative injuries, comes more blood, pain, and suffering. But because these injuries deal damage to yourself and temporarily cripple you, fear not. These injuries (as well as the damage that you recieve) are transferable via the Side Special, Bloodline. Leaving you scratch free, and your opponent crippled with your injuries.

There are four real types of injuries, the two most common are the Wounds and Bruises. The other two, Burns and Nerve Damage or quite situational, but listed for the occasions.

Wounds: The cuts and shallow cries we hear when get hacked by a sharp utensil.

Incision
Laceration
Amputation.

Simple Fracture
Impact Fracture
Compound Fracture

Burn 1st
Burn 2nd
Burn 3rd
Lasr's dress is completely doused in flames, and the skin of her body slowly begins to peel right off. Her arms and legs seem to parch up and turn incredibly dry as it dissipates into the air. Parts of bones in her torso area are visibly seen, blood waterfalling outwards from her stomach. The skull is stained black as the flames spread over her face. A torturing 7% damage per three seconds, while you are burned you can pass by foes and ignite them also.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I pick ROB, because everyone said he sucked. (Not everyone, just the snobby ones.) And prove them wrong. And it was fun playing Robot, so here I am. yes.
I played Ganondorf because people told me he sucked, too.

Then later, at a smashfest at my friend's house, I was playing Ganondorf against an old friend of mine who lost touch with the smash community and he said "hey, Ganondorf's actually top-tier, huh?"

That felt pretty nice.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Story time with JCaesar:

Back when I was in college, freshman year in fact (5 years ago now), I found out there was a smash club at my school. I had just discovered smashboards and I was really getting into the game, so I started going to the club. It was always ffa on a laggy projector, but it was still fun. Finally I bought a small TV and started bringing that to club meetings for 1v1s, and a few of us got really serious and competitive about the game. Still, it was a public club and there could be long lines, and a lot of the time my TV ended up being for 2v2s just so more people could play. But then the competitive players decided we needed more, so after every meeting we would go back to someone's place for some hardcore 1v1s, usually till late in the morning. That's how I got good at smash, those late night sessions with the top players at my school.

Ah, I miss college.

Anyways, you don't really need a Wii to get good at Brawl, you just need to be friends with the good players. I have maybe 20 hours total of Brawl played on my Wii since it came out, because I never take it to tourneys and I never play by myself, so I rarely ever use it.

Sudai

Stuff here
I feel all warm and fuzzy when people talk about how they were scared of me. I guess I come off harsh sometimes, but really, so long as people don't act like they know what they're talking about when they don't know, I don't bite (unless you want me to. ;] ). On the contrary, actually. If you do your research first and ask questions that haven't been answered in obvious places, I'm pretty inviting. :o

I honestly don't even know who does and doesn't go to tournies on the ROB boards (aside from all of the original ROB players).

Oh, and as for why I play ROB? He's a mother ****in robot! He was the first character I ever got with Random Box (I play Blue, the color I got that time. :]) and I still beat myself up for not going straight to him. I mean..I want to build microscopic robots for a living..why wouldn't I play a ROBOT in brawl?

emergency

Smash Journeyman
I feel all warm and fuzzy when people talk about how they were scared of me. I guess I come off harsh sometimes, but really, so long as people don't act like they know what they're talking about when they don't know, I don't bite (unless you want me to. ;] ). On the contrary, actually. If you do your research first and ask questions that haven't been answered in obvious places, I'm pretty inviting. :o

I honestly don't even know who does and doesn't go to tournies on the ROB boards (aside from all of the original ROB players).

Oh, and as for why I play ROB? He's a mother ****in robot! He was the first character I ever got with Random Box (I play Blue, the color I got that time. :]) and I still beat myself up for not going straight to him. I mean..I want to build microscopic robots for a living..why wouldn't I play a ROBOT in brawl?
I keep remembering when JC waited for you to crush that one dude's soul. I found it amusing. Rofl. I am trying to know 56K, but you know...he's liked...disappeared,...or I am blind.

[Warning Noob'd Question]
How's my second day as a member?
[/warning]

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
If people met me IRL they couldn't guess the number of mental problems I'v had diagnosed on me (and that's zero :p). lolz I'm the nice guy to new people but I go overboard when I know someone...

Or when theres a chat involved.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
I go overdrive to help my cool friends, caring not for myself. I feel way more comforatble now. I still can't contrbute any useful imformation. But I can always ask questions.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I love JC story time :D I think there is a "gaming club" at my school..but I doubt anyone down here in Southern Maryland could beat me :p I need offline buddies :(

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
The primary "gaming club" at my college is the RPG club, which is lot of role-playing and LARP with European board-games on the side. Which is cool, because those board games are hella fun. Power Grid is the shiznite.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
...I still feel welcome, but the eyes are still glaring at me! D:

edit:

I should feel brave. I have lurked for a while with an old account. But didn't say anything. I looked at that one thread where Sudai curshed a soul and ate it. *shivers* I hope I don't get on his bad side. o_o
lol Sudai, what a punk

zzz99

Smash Apprentice
come to think of it...I never introduced myself :p
I just came in and started commenting...I don't think I've even made a topic on this board...
probably because the one time I did (on the pika boards) I got yelled at...
But we're a lot nicer here...only proving that Robots are superior over the fleshlings

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Making an introduction thread is definitely looked down upon. Anyone would yell at you for that (and rightly so).

zzz99

Smash Apprentice
glad I didn't then :p
and yea, there's less yelling in here than I've seen anywhere else...it scares me D:

Top Bottom