• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This just in, new taunt mindgame with Pikachu

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Ok, well... it's probably not new, but alot of people still don't know about it.

There's a reason they made Pikachu's taunt so annoying, because it makes the player get mad, that will make them try to rush you while you taunt. This is where it gets good.

My bro plays alot of pikachu and whenever I die, he gets as far away from where I spawn as possible then starts taunting. I usually just charge him, but about 3/4 the way through his taunt "Pika Piiiikkkaaa" he is capable of attacking, even while saying his freakin name!

it's a good way to get some one in a grab, usmash, or dsmash at low %. Also against a fox, stand close to the edge, wait for him to come at you when you start bragging, then side step, bthrow, spike. Most text book gimping pikachu can do.

Good luck guys, hope it's useful to you.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, everyone already knows about tauntcanceling.

Sorry.

Please no one else bother posting in this thread.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu has an annoying taunt (when used against n00bs, newbies, and Pikachu haters) in someway but Mr. Game & Watch's is the single most annoying taunt when he rings that bell of his. I know my friend HATES Mr G&W and his taunt for some reason. She even wants him out the game biasly. But Pikachu (Luigi and Pichu) probably have the most practical taunts in the game.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
hahahah, tope, maybe you and your friends know about it. But I looked all over this character specific section and didn't find it mentioned, even in the mindgames thread.

so I figured it deserves it spot here to help people out.

you didn't have to be so rude about it either, geez

NeeQueoHH

Smash Apprentice
not to be a jerk, i jus lyk proving ppl rong. haha. i mention it one of the threads not to long ago, but i dont remember. haha jus to let u no

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright, I should have pointed out that most people that frequent this forum know about taunt canceling.

I wasn't trying to be mean, I'm sorry if I came off that way.

I'm just tired of random people who don't post in the forum coming in and posting about something they just heard about like it's the discovery of the century.

Next time just use the search bar under forum tools.

/ grumpy old man

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's tauntcancelling to sheild cancelling, so his dsmash cannot be used out of the taunt

since when did tope become a mod

D.R.

Smash Apprentice
Taunt Canceling? tsk, I never knew about that? Why doesn't someone make a thread about the frames in every character's taunt and in what frames it's cancelable.:uzi: :smash:

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Since yesterday.

And only Pikachu, Pichu, Link, and Ylink have taunt cancels, the latter two having to use their boomerang to stop the taunt.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
You forgot to mention nobody likes Samus.

But yes technically she can drop a bomb and then taunt.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Res the Wes. That's the deal though I still like Pikachu better than Samus. And still, Mr. Game & Watch is more notorious for the most annoying taunt in the game.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
wes AND the rest of DA including but not limited to dire raffa and bluchu to play the role of "hype-raiser"?!?!?!

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you are gonna challenge Wes, Tope, I guess I have to say go for it and hope you win. Besides, I cannot let down a Pikachu/Pichu player/fan even if Samus is at a huge advantage.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I've seen both their pika's but not played them. I couldn't tell you first hand.

just spectating I would say azen's is better, his is a lot flashier and does many more foolish things but they usually pay off, where tope plays very solidly and ftilts appropriately to get the opponent in a bad position. i.e. ledge gaurding with ftilt to a fsmash.

I'm not saying tope can't play flashy either, I just saw him play at a tourney and that's usually not the best time to goof off.

but still, in a duel I'd say since azens mindgames are ungodly his pika would be hard to beat assuming he didn't kill himself

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
The only way to beat a God is for the God to beat himself. It's a mindgame I use in forum role plays. Azen's Pikachu, though, has great mindgames from what I have sen in some of his videos so that makes him more God-like (but not God Moders. God Moders suck).

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Azen 1 stocks me, but it's kinda close. :)

He definately has a lot better mind games.

Like I have said earlier my Pika isn't that much fun to watch, because I don't play very flashy at all.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
If Tope DOES challange Wes he MUST post it up for me to see, and him using Pikachu and Wes using Samus. You don't have to be all flashy to win a battle. Besides, it's the skill and intelligence that counts. Ken isn;t flashy and he goes around kicking *** so often.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I doubt my Pika could take Wes's Samus, but my Sheik might stand a chance. ;)

Lets all try to get back on topic now.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
It's all about Sheik. I'm honestly sick of people having to resort to Sheik whne the odds are stacked against them (though I use her too). You have a point but why be a quitter? Oh well, let's do get back on topic, though everyone knows about the taunt cancel.

DYC

Smash Champion
Since yesterday.

And only Pikachu, Pichu, Link, and Ylink have taunt cancels, the latter two having to use their boomerang to stop the taunt.
/sarcasm

Geez Tope. Why don't you and your friends pony up all the other information you've been hiding from the noobs?

/end sarcasm

PikaAc3

Smash Apprentice
How do you Taunt Cancel anyway sorry to ask but yes I am a noob to the new world of advance Tec.

Metà

Smash Master
Since yesterday.

Forgetting Doc? Run/WD to the ledge and taunt. This is definitely the sexiest taunt cancel in the game.

EDIT: Oh, I see someone already mentioned this. Oh well, it's still incredibly sexy! ^ ^

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I actually tend to taunt a lot more than most people. Its not that Im trying to be a jerk, I just really like pikachu's taunt...but I have had it work against my opponent before, because they get ticked off.

I try to be nice to everyone!

Top Bottom