• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This Just In: IT DONT WORK, WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Hey guys. Just reserving a spot here.

There's something I've been keeping fairly secret from NTSC Yoshis because I've never been 100% sure on how it works for more than a few months at a time. It...can change, as many things in this game can, so I've never wanted to post it outright.

So this weekend at VLS, I'm giving it one last shot against some of the best in the country to see if what's going on here can really happen. It's only a shame this is occurring so late in Melee's lifespan.

I've recently been vigorous about proving the validity of this technique lately, so I'm going to do my best to get this stuff on tape and fully explained. I'll release it separately from the project videos since they're coming along rather slowly.

Once I can confirm this technique's 100% validity, I'll post it right here. It's NTSC only. The good part about that is that PAL doesn't have to deal with it in the first place, so everyone a winner here, hahaha.

Some of you will probably doubt it and I honestly don't mind--I do say some pretty outlandish things. But I've been working on this since early 2004 and I think I've finally got it, but I'll see for sure this weekend. I'm not putting this here to gain hype or whatever, it's actually as a physical reminder for me so I don't forget to post this after the tournament. >_>; I guess you can feel free to take guesses at what it is, though. I may have inadvertently mentioned it to one of you before at some point (and you may have subsequently thought I was insane).

Please silently pray for me and my dear friends to have a safe trip to and from the tournament--if we don't, I can't post this amazing Yoshi goodness!! ^_^

Thanks for your time.

Love,
Shiri
The Sunset Yoshi

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Shiri, you're a tease. A filthy, filthy tease and we love you to death. ^___^

good luck. show the world yoshi's awesomeness!

good god if wobbles called the IC boards a pack of starved hobos who knows what the Yoshi metagame is by comparison :( :urg:

Bloshi

Smash Ace
A pack of starved Yoshis :D!

Shiri I am really excited to hear if this works, because I have no idea what it is and it will be awesome to have yet ANOTHER neato-torpedo Yoshi technique to show to all the Yoshi haters/ignorant!!!

D

Deleted member

Will i make yoshi rise to top tier? :p Well, i am anxious to find out wut it is. Maybe some form of jump out of shield, or something involving the ledge.

Velox

Smash Ace
shiri no offense but this is dumb

we'd figure it out faster together

seeing you're going to release it sooner or later, u might as well do so now

unless you selfishly want all kinds of credit for yourself, which i'm sure we'll all give to u anyway

as a biologist, this annoys the hell out of me

also no offense, but i beat as soon as you release this I can release something better no other Yoshi knows about :)

oh the world of secrets

also it doesn't work in PAL? i'll play ur little game, it has something to do with weight change, ie. Yoshi has different sliding mechanics in both versions

or it has something to do with d-air

in conclusion, i bet this isn't significant, again, no offense, i've seen over-hype like this come and go

D

Deleted member

Well, if hez been workin on it since 2004...its gotta be big. MAybe a glitch like Ness's YYG, and thats why he needs to try it out on good peps. PLZ TELL US! I'm dying, give us a hint at least (is it a glitch, technique, anti-certain character techniqe, etc.)

Sharky

Smash Master
AAAAAAAHHHH THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!! >.<!!!

but yeah, just tell us, we can help out, we won't steal the glory, promise :p :yoshi:

Straight

Smash Journeyman
Maybe some form of jump out of shield..
Yoshi already can jump out of shield... :)

Kind of curious as to what this will be Shiri. Why couldn't you just post it straight up? you've had 3 years haha. Hoping its not something lame.

D

Deleted member

: PAL doesn't have to deal with it in the first place, so everyone a winner here, hahaha.
Might have something to do with shieks CG, maybe, cuz they "dont have to deal with it", meaning that they dont need this to break out of CG... just a thought.

EDIT:Mybe if u kick ur controller with the ball of ur heel while lightshielding, yoshi's down b will be replaced w/ the shine, and his jab replaced with marth's fsmash

Winnar

Smash Lord
I bet he unlocked Yoshi's final smash in Melee.

That has to be it.

Doesn't it? :(

And I had thought Shiek's CG was in PAL? I dunno, I haven't played many Shieks as Yoshi XD

D

Deleted member

And I had thought Shiek's CG was in PAL? I dunno, I haven't played many Shieks as Yoshi XD
Nope its NTSC only, and it is quite rude for a shiek to use it on a poor yoshi. If that happens, kick them in shins.

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
This is burntsocks.

SHIRI! TELL US THE ANSWER TO LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYHTING... and pie. But seriously, what is this secret discovery!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!

D

Deleted member

Hahah, i hate u! Hey, what was it anyways, or was it just a ploy to get our attention?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: LOL if I wanted some attention I would post pics LOLOLOLOLOL

No, but seriously, don't worry about it. I'm madd dumb for even trying to think it would work, hahaha.

Maybe next time.

AND OUCH VELOX THAT BURNS

DONT YOU KNOW I AM THE ONLY SECRET KEEPER HERE

D

Deleted member

And now for soem advertisment:

Head on, apply directly to the forehead. And critique my vids plz! You know u want to.

Velox

Smash Ace
I'm sorry Shiri, I didn't realize how mean that sounded till after I posted it. My bad, I didn't mean it like that.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: LOL I'm just joking, hahahahaha. It's all gravy, son. ^_^

P.S. - If I ever type anything in caps lock (a.k.a. the coolest way to be cool on the internet), then please rest assured that anything typed is meant in total jest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom