• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is some messed up stuff

Blizzard Flames

Smash Cadet
When I was younger my friends and I used to play with our Yu-Gi-Oh! cards at school and had a whole lot of fun. Back then, the show was wildly popular, too. We've always dreamed about getting the best cards,like the Egyptian God cards. they weren't useful, just merely for show. I quit years ago, in like 6th-7th grade. I am know I freshmen in high school and I recieve Shonen Jump magazines in the mail Look at what was inside:

Yup, a real Egyptian God card. Also, Kazuki Takahashi, the author/man behind Yu-Gi-Oh! drew this and autographed this himself. I quit and now I get it. The people behind the whole concept of releasing cards featured in the anime years ago are all *******s.

Btw, I scanned the card and cropped it with PhotoShop. But check it out online. It's Volume 8, Issue 1, Number 85, January 2010.

What do you guys think?

Blizzard Flames

Smash Cadet
Its real. It says "JUMP-EN037". "JUMP" is used to say that the card came with the magazine. I have a ton of other cards that I got from my subscription. But yeah, I know its blue, but that one was the older one when it was just for show.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
It's real, it's just not blue because the blue one that was released ages ago was just for kicks and brags.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well doesn't he just look like the biggest badass ever.

Good job!

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Obelisk is the most badass.

I always got the impression he was the weakest out of the Egyptian gods.

Hyliandescent

Smash Rookie
This is definitely a silly find. I prob played Yu Gi Oh just as much my friend if not more and enjoyed it as much also. Obelisk is deff a big boi but its all about Slifer

Zip.

Smash Lord
oh wow never saw an english legit version of this card before, when i used to play i had the crappy blue obelisk card.

Overload

Smash Lord
I got a Slifer the Sky dragon card in a shonen jump years ago. I traded it for two Dark Magician girls that were from a tin and a (almost certainly fake) Winged Dragon of Ra. I don't play anymore, but I regret that trade.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Man I used to play that game nearly every day.

What a crafty crafty game.Customising your own deck and strategies.....sigh I miss it now that I've thought of it.

I used to have a vicious stealth bird/morphing jar #2 strategy that could pretty much one hit kill as long as there were no trap/spell cards that would ruin it.

I used to love those heart of the cards moments where you need the one perfect card in your deck and it would come.

The Mad Hatter!

Smash Rookie
Ra>Obelisk>Slifer

I got Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon before in a Shonen Jump magazine.

It has a similar code, and this does look legit.

Nice job. Too many "God Cards" circulating the system nowadays are complete fakes.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Yo Yu-Gi-Oh I'll let you finish and everything but, Magic: The Gathering was (and still is) the best TCG of all time.

Kantō

Smash Champion
prolly just a promo version of the card. i forgot about this game. i used to waist tons of money buying these stupid cards lol.

DUB

Smash Lord
I think it's fake. I used to collect Yu-Gi-Oh cards and I know that the Obelisk card is blue. That card is orange-yellow.
Some of these things may be worth money one day too. I think I have a Holographic Charizard ( not yugioh i know) that is worth a little green I think.

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
I think it's actually not that great.
Like, if you have that many monsters to tribute..
It takes 3 to get out, then you need to poop out an extra one just to whipe their feild.
but then your feild is whiped too.

I used to play spirits using the spell that bounced monsters whenever a monster went to my hand, and that would go off whenever I played spirits[since they all bounce to your hand every turn]
then fire princess + spirit spell that gained 500 every time you played a spirit.

Focused on locking them out of their feild . . wow i am lame talking about that like that.

magic is good, but srsly, wtf is planeswalkers.. so lame.

Top Bottom