• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is how I get wrecked

Diddy King

Smash Cadet
Accidently posted this on the donkey kong board...

My friends plays marth, ike, and olimar. At first I'll be doing amazing, I'll get him to like 60% and I'll still be at 0. But then he starts using the bananas against me and thats when I panic. So now I'm scrambling trying to pick up my bananas while he just overpowers me and I lose.

What am I supposed to do when your opponent uses the bananas against you?

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Catch them.

Dash attack to pick them up.

Shield and then jump to catch the banana (with an aerial, air dodge or z catch).

To prevent losing your bananas, don't leave them just sitting around close to your opponent. You can try to keep them grouped together, or just keep an offensive flow with them so your opponent can't get their hands on the bananas.

Martial

Smash Apprentice
If you find that your opponents are starting to use your bananas against you, then try just sticking to a single banana for a little while, at least until you regain control of the match and can focus on getting your momentum back. One banana is significantly easier to control than two, and should still be able to give you an opening to get your opponent off the stage. Depending on the character you're facing, you can then either go for a gimp kill, or simply focus on grouping your bananas to get some stage control back. With characters like Ike and Olimar, I personally would chase them offstage to try and score a KO; with Marth, I'd wait until he's at around 80-90% before attempting to gimp (note that this is personal opinion, other people might feel very differently).

HMD

Smash Journeyman
use the dash attack it's the easiest way to get them

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice
use dash attacks to pick them back up

but i personally just wouldn't use the bananas, there not as crucial to me as they are to a lot of other diddys.

Diddy King

Smash Cadet
alright thanks guys. I'll try using only 1 banana and using dash. And I know xionix, but he plays a really good Ike. btw I also live in NJ : p

kkkoala

Smash Cadet
use dash attacks to pick them back up

but i personally just wouldn't use the bananas, there not as crucial to me as they are to a lot of other diddys.
honestly once ur vsing some better players, naners r either gonna become a huge part of ur game or ur gonna get shut down

2 the prob @ hand: u dont need naners 2 beat ike imo
vs oli remeber sideB will overpower all his stuff, use it if hes spamming piks

dont move too far from either of ur naners so u can punish the other person if they go 4 them. u can camp all 3 of those chars by quite a large quantity of space so do so, try to play close to the ledge w/oli and ike

vs marth jus b extremely offencive and use dashgrabs a lot

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
you should not get wrecked by ike.
This is definitely 100% true. You shold NOT be getting wrecked by an Ike, or Marth...maybe Marth...

You have to space well if your nanerz are countered, play mindgames, fool them into throwing the naner[z] and quickly rush to pick them up, maybe Glide Toss away if you feel like you're in danger.

If it's two nanerz, wait for one to get thrown, rush and pick it up with a running attack, shield or Spot-Dodge to avoid being hit by the second naner, since they'll probably try and keep you isolated from any nanaerz as much as possible, one being naner abuse against you, and try using the naner you were able to grab to prevent anymore abuse of your own nanerz on you.

Or if you feel you shoulnd't use them at all, avoid using them as much as possible, which I woulnd't necessarily recommend, or throw them off-stage when they're countered and being used against you.

Throw in Monkey Flips and surprise attacks if you're trying to regain the naner[z] after the opponent has it[them] in his/her posession.

Diddy King

Smash Cadet
Yeah I was thinking I should throw them off the stage until I can regain some momentum.

Xionix- I live in central jersey, a town called Plainsboro. It's not too far from princeton. Where do you live?

Diddy King

Smash Cadet
Hey I've herd of that! Yeah your not too far lol

edit-also if anyones wondering. I did everything you guys said (pretty much) and I pwnd!

Top Bottom