• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with MetamindgameSpam.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=987]This has absolutely NOTHING to do with MetamindgameSpam.[/drupal]

I LIED.

Shieldbreak SD Metamindgame:

Hold your shield til it breaks at an edge, then as you fall to your doom taunt your opponent with something along the lines of "Hah! Gravity has a better chance of KOing me than you! Looks like you'll have to beat it first if you want a chance to get my kills!!!"

Now watch as your opponent SDs trying to simultaneously save you to spite gravity and then KO gravity itself somehow.

Non-MetamindgameSpam Countering through Metamindgamespam:

If your opponent somehow manages to play it straight while avoiding your metamindgamespamming he must have eaten his Wheaties for breakfast then there is, at the moment, only one method to counter this sort of scenario at the moment (so donate to the MetamindgameSpam Research Foundation. MMGS Research Foundation: Finding a cure for Planking, SS Tier, and general unfun aspects of Brawl since 1609). It sounds something like this:

(Several minutes of honorable silence pass)

You: Dude, no johns. Seriously.

Them: .....excuse me?

You: HEY!! What did I just say?!

Them: But I'm not johning. In fact, I haven't said anything this entire time other than "Good game" right after our first match.

You: Don't try to act all innocent. You people disgust me. You think that you can just play it nice and clean, sweeping away all of your filth and lies and your filthy lies under the rug. You know what that rug is called? It's called "johns", and there's a 'Made in Johnsville' tag on it!!!

Them: Calm down, man. The heck is your problem? I'm just trying to play a game here, then you go accusing me of johning. Doesn't that make YOU a johnner?

You: There were so many johns in your lame, john-filled comeback that I refuse to acknowledge or dignify what you just said with a response, because you were johning with your johning mouth.

(Your opponent is thoroughly convinced that he had been johning and hadn't realized it until now. Troubled by this delusional johning disorder that he's had for who-knows-how-long, he throws the match in your favor and checks himself in at the nearest mental hospital)

(This doesn't really fit anywhere into the other blogs, and I'm a greedy attention ***** who is pretty sure that no one checks up on his other blogs in case he updates them, which he doesn't ever)

And I wasn't lying during my title, contrary to my first line. That was also a metamindgame. I MMGS even with blog titles now!!!

Also: I hate math.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Shieldbreak SD Metamindgame:

WHat about Jigglypuff?

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
note: self-shieldbreaking on the edges of a stage such as yoshi's story or pictochat results in you not falling to your death, but rather being able to grab the ledge. added mindgames for when your opponent jumps off to steal the KO from gravity then realizes that you're NOT at the bottom of the screen.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
You're probably right, but that just means that my shield breaks harder than yours does;)

EDIT:

I fail at reading comprehension. Didn't notice that you specified the type of stages (angled edges).

Wait. There are stages besides Final Destination?

Phelix08

Smash Apprentice
This blew my mind. Like twenty times.

Time to go pwn some friends with my new strategy

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
That is some pretty advanced stuff. Shield-Metamindgame + Form Zero? I especially like the part where the entire video is reversed and the percentages are backwards, etc.

Mind posting it in the social group message space if you haven't already?

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I have a theory Pelikenises is a reincarnation of a leprosy-ridden Siddhartha who MMGS himself in time so often his leprosy never caught up with him, and thus he attained Nirvana.

Top Bottom