• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This game is balanced: here's why

uremog

Smash Ace
lol, when you play people who suck and complain like the OP's quotes, you can make any character look broken.

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
Snake is the only character I feel to be significantly better than anyone else. That ****er is really hard to beat...and he's got the most ******** hitbox on his uptilt. They should have just made snake's animation for the uptilt just him standing motionless...and you get owned if you are even remotely close to him.

Oh...he's also simple to use.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Brawl is no where near balanced. The same 5-6 characters are dominating tournaments at the moment and characters that are obviously not as good as those characters have very little chance of winning.

Thats the difference from Brawl and Melee, in Melee you could use Link vs Fox and the outcome would be based on how skilled the person is, even though Fox still had the advantage. In Brawl its a little different, if you are using a crap character vs a good character 95% of the time the crap character will lose because of the games mechanics, people do not get punished for being ******** in Brawl like they did in Melee, the better characters get away with a lot more, similar to Melee, but this time around getting punished is something you don't really need to worry about when using Melee standards of punishment.

For example in Brawl baiting jumps is almost insignificant although its still a basic thing people should be using, its just the outcome for outplaying your opponent is unrewarding compared to outplaying your opponent in Melee. Hell I've seen people that are just plain ****ing stupid and spam the same **** over over over and over in Brawl place well, because most of the **** can't get punished.
I don't think you could have made your bias any clearer in this. For some reason, you just hijacked the thread and turned your entire post into how Melee is a better game then Brawl.

Link and Fox were nowhere near each other in the last game. Hell, if a Link beat a Fox, he would usually be laughed at because everyone knew Fox was so much better. When Aniki beat Ken's Marth, everyone was amazed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3VQyta-cfc
The video has more then 100k hits because of it.

Keep that **** to another thread. This is about Brawl.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you want to know exactly how balanced the game is, this is the only question you need to answer. and your answer will determine whether brawl is balenced or not.

Who has the harder time winning in the worst character vs. best character matchup:

Captain Falcon Vs. MetaKnight/Solid Snake in brawl or,

Fox McCloud Vs. Mewtwo in melee....

personally i think brawl is more balenced, but each person's individual answer to this question will determine whether brawl is balanced or not

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
if you want to know exactly how balanced the game is, this is the only question you need to answer. and your answer will determine whether brawl is balenced or not.

Who has the harder time winning in the worst character vs. best character matchup:

Captain Falcon Vs. MetaKnight/Solid Snake in brawl or,

Fox McCloud Vs. Mewtwo in melee....
Since when is Solid Snake Brawl's very best character and Captain Falcon Brawl's very worst? Fox McCloud is Melee's very best character while Mewtwo is Melee's 2nd worst character. Not a very fair comparison now is it?

bobknob

Smash Cadet
for every character in melee other than pichu, there was at least one example of an insane player doing really well with him

some european yoshi went head to head w/ EK, a really good marth

taj was really awesome w/ mewtwo, went head to head w/ forward's falco

check out CJ's donkey kong vids, germ/aniki's link vids, neo's roy vids. Et-****ing-cetera.

6footninja

Smash Ace
Somebody is going to be amazing with a character, and everybody will suddenly see them as the best. I believe in player > character, more than Character > player

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Somebody is going to be amazing with a character, and everybody will suddenly see them as the best. I believe in player > character, more than Character > player
As do I. I am still thinking, even if some people say the character is the best.... you can't win by picking a character, you have to be better than the person your facing.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
As do I. I am still thinking, even if some people say the character is the best.... you can't win by picking a character, you have to be better than the person your facing.
And this is why a Lucas main who places dead last will suddenly jump to third place at the next tournament when he plays Meta Knight?

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Since when is Solid Snake Brawl's very best character and Captain Falcon Brawl's very worst? Fox McCloud is Melee's very best character while Mewtwo is Melee's 2nd worst character. Not a very fair comparison now is it?
This is what I'm talking about. Nobody can ever agree on who the best or worst character is. Everyone has their own opinion. Everyone has said something different in this thread. Scroll back and look.

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
This is what I'm talking about. Nobody can ever agree on who the best or worst character is. Everyone has their own opinion. Everyone has said something different in this thread. Scroll back and look.
Everyone does have their own opinion, but some opinions are better than others. Snake may not be Brawl's best character, C.Falcon may not be Brawl's worst, but they are **** close to being the best/worst....and that match up seems way more imbalanced than any match up in Melee.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
And this is why a Lucas main who places dead last will suddenly jump to third place at the next tournament when he plays Meta Knight?
Trying to mock me eh? Well one thing for sure, that person better practice on using Lucas more than ever to beat the other people. I know Meta Knight is easier to use than Lucas.

LordZero

Smash Cadet
I don't think Brawl will be balanced for any reason.

Characters with insane speed, hit boxes, and power (strength and priority) will dominate; but out of those who will dominate most likely speed because if I can't hit you then what good are my attacks. Now what about characters who have both speed and hit boxes exp. weapon, projectile, , or a move that moves character forward; so even if I do get a chance to hit you, all you need to do is bring your weapon to bare reach for reach you win. Now what about power, no would argue that Ganondorf has insane power, and has some reach via B-down, and B-over. Yet all would say he is insanely slow, easily dodgable, and punishable. What about characters then who have power along with speed and hit boxes? Only a few select characters have all of these or if they are missing one, they easily overcome this by having their other two compensate for this.

Another reason that a char will dominate is the ability to play mind games. If you have two options against me while I only have one, then you just choose the one that beats me and I can't stop you then will you not win every time.

Recovery is also important, especially if I can't gimp you.

So characters who will do well will be the ones who have speed, hit boxes, power, and/or if they are missing one then the other two easily compensate and if they can mind game to death will dominate the meta game and those who can't will fall by the wayside.

Top Bottom