• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thinking about switching my main

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
my opinion is you should use a character you really like/have fun with. i have used pika since 64 and will use pika even if he is the worst in the game in the next one. you pretty much said it yourself saying you love pika, so i say use him.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Hi, Vanst!

We're a little biased here, lol, but I say you should at least try using Pikachu for a while and see how he feels to you. I'm with Stealth: Pikachu will always be my main no matter where he is on the tier list or how many other people play him.

I know that not everyone feels that way about their character, however, so before you pledge your undying loyalty to Pika (which you should eventually :p), get to know his playstyle and see how you like him after getting some experience with him. There will be a new Pikachu guide going up in a week or so to get you started, but in the meantime there are plenty of stickies and mini guides floating around, plus the Q&A thread if you have any questions.

Welcome to Pikachu! :)

Vanst

Smash Apprentice
Kaylo thank you for the nice greeting! :D I will look for the floating guides and watch vids of pikas. I noticed Anther (I think his name is) and his pikachu is amazing! It already makes me want to improve!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Pikachu is always a 2ndary or main for me lol... Know whats funny, I played ALL three smash games today and used Pikachu to the maxed. lol

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
These are the Four Imperative statments of being a MIGHTY Pikachu:
  1. DO NOT SPAM KILL MOVES. Thundering more than four times is not only foolish, but bound to be absorbed or reflected if such characters are nearby. Do not forget about stale moves, either.
  2. Every move in Pikachu's arsenal has a good use. Never underestimate any of them. Nair is your fastest kill move, Skullbash is your strongest. Thunder for grand vertical range and Thundershock for the horizontal. DSmash and UTilt are your defense, Fair and Uair are your offense. Anyone in your adorable yellow grasp is at your mercy.
  3. The skill that separates the Gods from the Rats is the Quick Attack Cancel. Learn it well and let your foes be dazed with your velocity mastery.
  4. JUSTICE LIKE LIGHTNING, SHOULD EVER APPEAR TO FEW MEN'S RUIN, BUT TO ALL MEN'S FEAR. OF MORTAL JUSTICE IF THOU SCORN THE ROD, BELIEVE AND TREMBLE, THOU ART JUDGED OF GOD.
    UNLEASH THE EPICLY ELECTRIC EPILEPTIC AND APOCAYLPTIC. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE 20000 VOLTS OF RAPETRICITY.

tl;dr version: Just be awesome.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Sup man I'm the troll of pika boards
:D
iron is my name
I use Pika off and on I love Pika too.
But my love for Toon Link is vast.
Anywho towards your delema I say play who ever you love the most I like a bunch of characters.
My Snake is better than my Toon Link so is my Pika.
But no johns.
Just I love Toon Link.
So with that said play Pika if you like Falco's gay anyway
:D
lol

You might see me around.
:]

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Basically, just play pikachu for a while, and see if you like him more than falco. For your main, like tournament main, use who you are better as, and then have pika as a secondary for the matchups you don't like as falco. It really doesn't matter who is your main and second, but give pika a chance, because he is a pretty cool rat (or squirrel)

Zylar

Smash Ace
WELCOME!!! (^-^) But yeah, just repeating what the others have said, try pika out for a while. The love for a character surpasses tiers. Pikachu has, is and will allways be my main.

So I guess my question is, are you trying out pikachu because of pikachu, or because of falco? :0

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I should consider it then..:laugh:
He hates it because most Pikachus violate Imperative Statement number 1. You can see it on wi-fi quite easily: Pikachus that do practically nothing but DSmash and Thunder.

Vanst

Smash Apprentice
He hates it because most Pikachus violate Imperative Statement number 1. You can see it on wi-fi quite easily: Pikachus that do practically nothing but DSmash and Thunder.
Yeah I can understand that people usually stereotype pikas and say all they are good for is spamming :ohwell:

Light-Knight

Smash Rookie
while we are on this topic...

Hey everyone! i am going to main pikichu as well! yea i was playing him justfor fun and i just got hooked! so here i am. Pay no attion to the "-knight" part in my name i am light. and thats it. (just to let you know) and yea... so if anyone can suggest someone i should wach to get pointers and guides to read. Just to let you know i am a total noob at pikachu but i can still beat lvl 9's. Ok thanks!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Hey everyone! i am going to main pikichu as well! yea i was playing him justfor fun and i just got hooked! so here i am. Pay no attion to the "-knight" part in my name i am light. and thats it. (just to let you know) and yea... so if anyone can suggest someone i should wach to get pointers and guides to read. Just to let you know i am a total noob at pikachu but i can still beat lvl 9's. Ok thanks!
Welcome to the Pika boards, Light!

To answer your questions, you should watch videos of Anther play. This forum doesn't have an up-to-date general guide right now, but we're currently working on one. It should be complete in a little less than a week. In the meantime, read the forum stickies.

Here's the video thread to get you started on vids: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196002
Also, watch 5ive's Video Pika Guide: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204344

If you have any more quick questions about Pikachu, use the Q&A guide and one of the players here will give you an answer: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208871
We're usually pretty quick about answering people.

Other than that, just post as often as you can (as long as it's not spam) and try to contribute, even if you feel like it isn't much. We're always glad to have another Pika around. :)

Top Bottom