• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Things That Bug you in Smash

TheJolteon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
x5000luigi
1. Lag on For Glory (not just input lag, the game getting choppy also throws me off).

2. Not being able to use your amiibo as a partner in solo modes.

3. Smash tour (probably the worst mode ever made in Smash history).

4. Tourney mode (what were they THINKING when they made this)?

5. NO SHEIK NERFS!

6. Not being able to play Miis on FG (why not? They're allowed in Tourney mode).

7. Only Omega stages on FG
Sheik has actually gotten nerfed like 4 times now. the f-air, bouncung fish, back air, needles you name it

TheJolteon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
x5000luigi
I think that the patches make more people irritated than happy. Lets think to all the diddy mains working hard on their character, then BOOOOOM Diddy got nerfed and everyone who mained diddy is pissed. This maybe be a bit off topic but I HATE all the melee fanboys who complain saying that sm4sh is melee. Its just dumb. Lets also look to all the people who hate Sheik, Luigi, Rosalina, and Diddy, they would rather complain then try to adapt and win. Again may be a bit off topic but I wanted to get a point across.

McDizzle!

Smash Cadet
NNID
Patashu
Sheik has actually gotten nerfed like 4 times now. the f-air, bouncung fish, back air, needles you name it
I know that, but Sheik is still a very dominant character in this game. However, it would be better to buff the characters that are severley lacking, now that I think about it.

I think that the patches make more people irritated than happy. Lets think to all the diddy mains working hard on their character, then BOOOOOM Diddy got nerfed and everyone who mained diddy is pissed. This maybe be a bit off topic but I HATE all the melee fanboys who complain saying that sm4sh is melee. Its just dumb. Lets also look to all the people who hate Sheik, Luigi, Rosalina, and Diddy, they would rather complain then try to adapt and win. Again may be a bit off topic but I wanted to get a point across.
Why is everybody under the impression that Diddy is a bad character now? He is still high tier,he has a combo similar to the Hoo Hah that is pretty good guaranteed damage at low percents (uthrow into uair), and still has the banana, which can be used for kill setups. Also, Diddy needed to be nerfed... The Hoo Hah was ridiculous.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

At least there's somebody here who understands.

On topic, the things I find irritating are:

1. Customs getting harder to collect.
2. Smash Tour
3. No Break the Targets
4. People taking character strengths and weaknesses too seriously.
5. For Glory (a.k.a. For Glory disease)

Well, there you have it.

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
I think their should be a mode where you can have tournament-like matches, I dont like how FG gives you partners based on your win rate... I'm either destroying everybody or losing badly :/

McDizzle!

Smash Cadet
NNID
Patashu
At least there's somebody here who understands.
Understands what? Some characters have these ridiculous tools that make them broken and deserve to be nerfed. We "complain" for a reason. Trying to "adapt and win" is easier said than done when you go up against characters that could just flat out KO you with a single dthrow if you're at a high percentage (pre patch Diddy and pre patch Luigi). Maybe the people who whine about their OP character being taken down a peg should try to "adapt and win" (besides, neither Diddy nor Luigi suck after their nerfs, they are still very good characters).

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Understands what? Some characters have these rediculous tools that make them broken and deserve to be nerfed. We "complain" for a reason. Trying to "adapt and win" is easier said than done when you go up against characters that could just flat out KO you with a single dthrow if you're at a high percentage (pre patch Diddy and pre patch Luigi). Maybe the people who whine about their OP character being taken down a peg should try to "adapt and win" (besides, neither Diddy nor Luigi suck after their nerfs, they are still very good characters).
At least I don't whine and complain like a child taking things too seriously. Complaining "for a reason" is called stupidity.

McDizzle!

Smash Cadet
NNID
Patashu
Um...you tell me. You're the one who took offense to the comment I made in the first place.
I'm not offended... I was sharing my opinion on what we were talking about. You're the one who started throwing out insults. Maybe we should focus on the game.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm not offended... I was sharing my opinion on what we were talking about. You're the one who started throwing out insults. Maybe we should focus on the game.
Focus on the game and just have fun, not whine and complain over a character's strengths and weaknesses or whatever.

McDizzle!

Smash Cadet
NNID
Patashu
Focus on the game and just have fun, not whine and complain over a character's strengths and weaknesses or whatever.
Can we just agree to disagree? Also, could you refrain from using insults to get your point across? It doesn't help your argument.

Edit: People have different views on having fun in a game. I find playing competitive Sm4sh fun. Therefore, I don't have fun when I have to play against characters that are OP. Just wanted to say that.

Last edited:

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
Training mode isn't all that useful for training. Really wish it had a record and playback feature like Street Fighter does.

C3CC

Smash Lord
How could I forget?! The stupidly low amount of unlockable characters and how ridiculously easy they are to unlock. It's like they didn't even try. Plus, only one of them is a full newcomer, as three of them are useless clones and the others are veterans. I really wanted Rosalina to be unlockable to keep her trend of being unlockable of every single game she appeared in as playable (a trend that was further broken by Mario Party 10 a couple months later).

I like to work for my characters. There are few things as satisfactory as that. I remember when Mewtwo challenged me way back in Melee, when I didn't even think he was in the game. I was so scared; I was fighting the WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL POKÉMON, and if I won he would be mine to command!!

... And the nerves got the best of me and I lost. I won the next round, but still, the entire experience marked me, because it was so epic. Now, all of that is gone.

D

Deleted member

People who complain about Lucina and Dark Pit being in the game.
Another thing is Smash Tour. I find it boring.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Some people whine about the 'top teirs', some whine about 'no customs allowed'. Some whine about the 'God-awful Lag online'. pffft.

Guys. We are all the missing the real pet-peeve of this game....

WHY. DOES.THE. GAME.TAKE.YOU.BACK.TO.THE.OPENING.INTRO....

When you dont press anything for like 10 seconds on the main menus!?!!?

I'll be waiting for a friend to make a room, or leave a room to make some tea, or get a snack, only to come back LOGGED OFFLINE to 'how to play' movie. ( ̄Д ̄)ノ

Why did they put this in? Seems really strange that the would put effort into something so useless and, frankly annoying. xD I mean there are certain menu screens to go to to avoid it, but just, why man? why....

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Guys. We are all the missing the real pet-peeve of this game....

WHY. DOES.THE. GAME.TAKE.YOU.BACK.TO.THE.OPENING.INTRO....

When you dont press anything for like 10 seconds on the main menus!?!!?
I can honestly say this will probably be my favorite, "So True" post in this entire thread hands down.

I regret not pointing this out myself.

mario15

Smash Cadet
NNID
kylemshipley
3DS FC
3351-4555-2812
-You can't make 1v1 tourneys, for some reason
-Someone decided it was a good idea to reward you with custom moves you already have
-5 versions of Jungle Level/Jungle Hijinxs and little to no unique Tropical Freeze music (of all the tracks to choose from, they chose ANOTHER version of Jungle Level; what about Big Top Bop, Punch Bowl, or even Windmill Hills?)
-I still don't understand why Smash Tour exists
-No Pac-Man World 2 representation
-CPUs magically work together to combo me in Classic 9.0 runs
-:4samus:
I agree, especially with intensity 9.0, I still don't know how I managed to beat that mode without losing a life, it took me about ten tries, also, this is completely unrelated, but the Dr. Eggman video in your reply is hilarious!

D

Deleted member

-Balance Patches: I think that some of the patches have been good (such as nerfing Diddy Kong's Hoo-Hah), but the problem is that the balance is focused on both competitive and casual players, the latter of which doesn't care much for buffs and nerfs. As a result, some characters get nerfed when they shouldn't and some characters haven't had their problems addressed through buffs. Characters like Zelda and Mewtwo need buffs, but they didn't receive anything significant (hell, Mewtwo was nerfed in some patches). I am thankful that Nintendo is patching the game at least, but the job could be done better.

-Omega Stages: I am glad that we at least have a neutral version of every stage, mainly to see different aesthetics and to listen to different music. The problem is that the neutral versions are all Final Destination variants, which heavily favor certain characters and some characters are horrible on Final Destination (characters like Little Mac are amazing on FD, while characters like Robin struggle here). These stages are one of the reasons why For Glory is so bad. I think that there should have been a neutral version of every stage and the option to remove stage hazards.

-Unlocking Custom Moves: There is a lot of them and the only way to get them is through RNG in many cases. It not only makes unlocking custom moves tedious, but it also makes the process unnecessarily long, especially when we can't buy custom moves and you can get repeats of custom moves. This makes the process to unlock every custom move frustrating. I can also add just custom moves in general, since some characters have really good customs and others have really inferior, useless customs.

-Smash Tour: I don't understand why this mode was created. It's just Mario Party... but without the fun and chaos of Mario Party. It's, in my opinion, a pretty pointless mode that needs to be played to unlock some stuff. It's not as interesting as Smash Run on the 3DS.

-Target Blast: It's not as interesting as Break the Targets. I barely touch this mode mainly for how boring it is. I think that Break the Targets was the perfect minigame for Smash; going around platforming areas and breaking targets with your favorite characters.

-Classic Mode (Wii U): This isn't Classic Mode... this is a whole different mode that vaguely resembles Classic Mode. However, I am glad that the amount of rounds is shorter and I can choose my stage.

-Challenges (Wii U): I don't mind a challenge, but these challenges really crank it up to eleven to the point where a lot of them are frustratingly tedious. Beat Classic Mode on 9.0 without losing a life?! Beat All-Star Mode on Hard with all characters?! What kind of sadists made these?!

Last edited by a moderator:

DBZHedgy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1736-4241-7885
No Solo :popo:, Sopo would've been a fair compromise until the Next Smash game (IF there's a next Smash game)
Removed :squirtle::ivysaur: (RIP ;~;7)
:ivysaur::squirtle: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.:charizard:
:p
Nerfing Ness' D-Air, ugh
Target Test is just getting progressively worse and worse as time goes on. I mean, Brawl's was still fun in some sense, but Target Blast? yuck

Also, a bit off topic, but balance patches usually don't hinder competitive play too much, since more often then not, characters that are high tier are the ones getting nerfed. We don't ever see the likes of Samus, or Zelda getting nerfed, so typically it's for the better imo. I mean, would we rather live in a world where one character is like the sheer dominating force while the rest of the cast struggles to catch up? *COUGHCOUGHMETAKNIGHTINBRAWLCOUGH*

Last edited:

TheJolteon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
x5000luigi
Wait theres a challenge thats says don't lose a life on Intensity 9?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Well then Nintendo I thought you made this game for kids.

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
I think they should buff (seemingly) weaker characters instead of nerfing top tiers. If the king is gone, someone shall take the throne. If power is given to the masses, they have much more control, for better or for worst.

Smash tour was unnecessary in every way. I literally only played it once with my two brothers before deciding never to touch it again.

The fact that tags can be shared on FG. l'm sorry, but that choice has only led to torture, crushed pride, and spilled salt in my experience. Being able to say "gg" or "gtg" should be something that two players online can sense. But no, I get "STAYGANON"+"OR QUIT", "LOL, U SUCK", and "SCREW MAC" for that ONE TIME l try him. Sure, l may be just whining like a baby and l admittedly am, but the fact that they usually quit after such nonsense and have awful connection is really not acceptable. lt's people like this that make me terrified of playing with people in general, even though there's no way anyone would ACTUALLY do this irl.

No Customs Shop? An opportunity missed.

No DLC characters have customs (yet, assuming [praying] they get it in a future update).

Mii Swordfighter's sword is disappointingly short.

The fact that l want to rant more, but can't think of anything to complain about that hasn't already been said.

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
And how so many people think the top tiers are complete gods while they really aren't at the level at which tiers would matter (as much). They have pretty glaring weaknesses *cough* can't kill reliably without certain situations *cough* And lower tiers generally seem to have more kill power, while less safe. Add this in with the rage mechanic and a read or two....

But, like l said, my previous statement won't mean much in EVO or Apex, unless someone there can flawlessly read minds and not make a single mistake in the neutral, the former of which probably doesn't exist..

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Actually... My biggest gripe with this game is the DLC. This, IMO, is some of the most disappointing DLC content I've ever seen. I mean seriously. 3 veterans and one 1 newcomer? Come on! The worst part about is is that fact that two out of three of those characters are semi-clones. Not only that, but Mewtwo and Lucas basically had no changes made to them. At least Roy feels some what fresh. Ryu? Don't get wrong he's one of my favorite video game characters, but his inclusion doesn't excite me one-bit. The guys been in so many crossovers that his inclusion here is just... Meh. Especially with how copy and paste his move set feels. Plus his so called gimmick isn't even gimmick. He just has a few more moves than other characters. I know these fan favorites, but I personally think that certain characters required way more priority over them.

Same for the stages. We only gotten 3 new stages and one of them is a battlefield clone (Mii Verse). Mario Maker is actually fantastic, IMO, but Suzaku Castle is a bit bland and the layout is really awkward. The returning stages are also pretty meh. Most of them are just 64 ports, and Pirate Ship is actually worst than the one in Brawl.

Mii Costumes... Oh boy. Mii's in general make me want to kick a tree in half. I hope that these soulless pieces of garbage are removed next game.

A. actual characters should have more priority over these things.
B. you can't use them online. Like seriously... What's the point? You allow people to use name tags where they can write tons of offensive stuff, but not Mii's? K.
C. there pretty much clones. I mean seriously. A Majority of there moves come from actual characters within the game.
D. so you guys can produce $23 worth of mii costumes, but not skins for actual characters? K.
E. they're not faithful to the characters. Yeah! Lloyd with one sword, sword fighter Viridi, and King K. Rool, but you know... Not actually K. Rool in any shape or form.

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
The big problem with Ryu and Roy DLC was that they didn't give any time for hype to build like they did Lucas and Mewtwo.

DBZHedgy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1736-4241-7885
Actually... My biggest gripe with this game is the DLC. This, IMO, is some of the most disappointing DLC content I've ever seen. I mean seriously. 3 veterans and one 1 newcomer? Come on! The worst part about is is that fact that two out of three of those characters are semi-clones. Not only that, but Mewtwo and Lucas basically had no changes made to them. At least Roy feels some what fresh.
I don't really think it's fair for a few people to gripe about getting characters that a lot, and I do mean A LOT, of people really wanted. Myself included. It clearly wasn't a bad move because they got hype pumping, and they made money. Not only that, but people have been begging for Roy and Mewtwo to come back for a decade. A lot of fans were pretty upset about losing Lucas too. Think about how the Character Loyalists feel, just because you don't care about this character or that character it doesn't mean you have to get upset because they were added.

I mean, no matter which way you go about making the few DLC characters the game is gonna get someone isn't going to be pleased, so in my opinion making those guys as DLC characters were a good move, and the ballot was an even better one because you can't complain about a certain character getting in because the only requirement is having them be popular enough.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Something that bugs me is Hotsuin's black text on my Smashboards Onyx background. Yeesh....

Other things that bug me:

- Diddy Kong. A filthy monkey shouldn't have such power.
- Smash Tournaments still being two stock only.
- So many veterans as DLC. Three is enough. I want Wolf back as much as the next guy but let's get some fresh faces please.
- The fact that Rayman has three trophies and ISN'T a character yet.
- The fact that K. Rool is probably gonna squander a ballot character spot when they could've added him years ago so people can shut the **** up about him.
- No new Sonic remixes. I suppose Sonic music is good enough but remixes would've been nice.
- Mushroom FREAKING Gorge! This pile of pure GARBAGE that DARES to call itself a song is the most absolute waste of space!
- Why does the game set time to default whenever I play Smash? Can't it just stay on stock instead of making me have to switch it each time?
- Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus trophies being mostly about Awakening and Uprising (respectively) and the other games in those series don't get much attention. This is more an issue for KI than FE but I guess that's just the Sakurai bias.
- Trophy Shop is pretty much worthless when you get a majority of the trophies.
- No DLC trailers in the archives.
- Mii costumes of ALREADY playable characters. Whyyyyyyyy!!?!?
- Mario's Waluigi color instead of the infinitely better Flying Mario from Galaxy.
- Not being able to play 3DS stages on Wii U.

TheJolteon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
x5000luigi
Actually... My biggest gripe with this game is the DLC. This, IMO, is some of the most disappointing DLC content I've ever seen. I mean seriously. 3 veterans and one 1 newcomer? Come on! The worst part about is is that fact that two out of three of those characters are semi-clones. Not only that, but Mewtwo and Lucas basically had no changes made to them. At least Roy feels some what fresh. Ryu? Don't get wrong he's one of my favorite video game characters, but his inclusion doesn't excite me one-bit. The guys been in so many crossovers that his inclusion here is just... Meh. Especially with how copy and paste his move set feels. Plus his so called gimmick isn't even gimmick. He just has a few more moves than other characters. I know these fan favorites, but I personally think that certain characters required way more priority over them.

Same for the stages. We only gotten 3 new stages and one of them is a battlefield clone (Mii Verse). Mario Maker is actually fantastic, IMO, but Suzaku Castle is a bit bland and the layout is really awkward. The returning stages are also pretty meh. Most of them are just 64 ports, and Pirate Ship is actually worst than the one in Brawl.

Mii Costumes... Oh boy. Mii's in general make me want to kick a tree in half. I hope that these soulless pieces of garbage are removed next game.

A. actual characters should have more priority over these things.
B. you can't use them online. Like seriously... What's the point? You allow people to use name tags where they can write tons of offensive stuff, but not Mii's? K.
C. there pretty much clones. I mean seriously. A Majority of there moves come from actual characters within the game.
D. so you guys can produce $23 worth of mii costumes, but not skins for actual characters? K.
E. they're not faithful to the characters. Yeah! Lloyd with one sword, sword fighter Viridi, and King K. Rool, but you know... Not actually K. Rool in any shape or form.
The worst part is that we shall probably get more veterans because the community is all like " Wolf for DLC he will be so good even though he was mid tier in brawl." Or " Bring back Pichu because why not." Seriously newcomers is first priority.

NewZen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NewZen41
A couple of things:

-Single-Player: It is arguably the worst mode of the Smash games this time around, with 8-Player being the biggest form of Fake Difficulty the series has faced in a while. Master and Crazy Orders both are extremely stacked against you and offer some of the dumbest options for matches that it's not even funny.

-The Challenges: HOLY ***, the CHALLENGES...if they're not tedious grind fests, they're insanely specific events that either force the RNG to be in your favor or challenges that actively force you to deal with outright stupidity.

-Stage Selection: Unique stages are nice, don't get me wrong-Omega stages were both a blessing and a curse to some extent. However, that doesn't exclude over more than half of the stages from criticism from sucking so badly (The 3DS had too many stages that transformed/moved, this version has too many bloody hazards that define "Fighting the stage, not the opponent(s)), with GCO and PT being the best examples of downright mental *** in terms of ideas. That, and the lack of a Hazard Switch is asinine...

-Online: For Glory sucks (Cancerous players), For Fun sucks (Even MORE Cancerous players), and Tourney Mode is beyond disappointing, what with its limited options that make the previous two games' tournament modes seem like quantum physics by comparison, and the Official Tournaments are so limited and broken that it makes you envy those who can actually get into a 1v1 room. That, and Omega Only stages is a massive problem...

-Smash Tour:................................................................................................................................................why, Sakurai?

All of this whining and *** aside, I do thoroughly enjoy the game, because let's face it-none of the games are perfect in any way, not Melee, not 64, and CERTAINLY not Brawl...

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
My text shows as black to you? Strange... l have it as white text. Plus, l have an onyx background as well.

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
Single Player Mode: Probably the worst in the smash series. Classic mode should of been like Smash 64/Melee version (though I do like the Brawl version too). Continue shouldn't have the difficulty lower.

Smash Tour: Shouldn't exist at all or could been a lot better with few flaws at least.

Target Blast: A dumb version of Angry Birds. While I'm okay with it, it should of stick to Smash 64/Melee version (it might be too much but still).

Event Matches: There really shouldn't have challenge stuff for the hard difficulty due to RNG.

Stage Builder: Need more stuff like Brawl Stage Builder.

Stage Selections: While I like most of the stages (with few exceptions), I think hazard switch would of been better.

Tournament Mode: Not sure why it was only in online rather than offline or both.

Custom: If only Custom Shop exist...

Masterpieces: Could of just take out The Lost Levels and Super Mario World. Put Star Fox (SNES) and Wario Land 1 instead.

For Glory: "FD and Battlefield with 3 stocks and 8 mins? Nope. We will just put FD only with 2 stocks and 5 mins. We will also put time matches in 2v2."

These are what bugs me the most in this game.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I'm not quite fond of the playable Pokémon representation. Sure, the fan-favorites like Charizard and Lucario will receive priority, but I think there's too much favoritism towards Gen 1. It would have been so much better to have Pokémon spread out from every gen, such as Pikachu, Pichu, Sceptile, Lucario, Zoroark, Greninja, etc

And, like many others have said. The Single-player is very lackluster. Brawl may have had arguably worse gameplay, but there was so much content in terms of game modes. There was a large adventure mode with tons of cutscenes, there was a boss battle mode, and the Classic Mode in previous Smash games had mini-games to break up the excessive fighting like Break the Targets and Race to the Finish.

Last edited:

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
- Deficient single-player modes

- No For Fun/Glory Team Stock

- No Mii Fighters allowed even in one mode in With Anyone.

Top Bottom