• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Whatever, Kary's probably just town.

Kary, if your main issue with Chaco is him defending Wam or avoiding voting Wam, then what you actually have here is a Wam scumread to figure out.
imo this and Sabrar's call out about the resistance to the wam yeet is what forced Kary to vote wam.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
So I'm not flipped so I'm just gonna assume I'm alive still.

Boomfrog, is Kary a busser? Do you know?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Huh guess Synch was right on Kary day 1, another thing to add to the oops list before I die.

Boom>Wam> Fonti> FF > Pythag

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I had a feeling he could be leaning into being new and unfamiliar, and that he can get away with it because people generally misread him or find him scummy regardless of what he does. Maybe you are right and he is just potato town, but even then, I don't feel like you came to that conclusion naturally.

Would you vote for Wam Day 1 or not?
I'm saying I have a problem with Wam and I want Wam to answer it.
You seem to have decided against the evidence that they're probably just fine, but you are happy to change your mind if other people disagree.

Of course you would say you are town for avoiding the very lowest hanging fruit- that's why I think you are scummy for doing it. If you're scum, pushing Wam doesn't solve the problem of your slot looking sketchy, except maybe if you can bus him convincingly.
You find many reasons to dislike Wam but your conclusion is "you want to believe" that they're not mafia?
Don't think Kary says this stuff about a partner. Hopefully the super sleuths FF and Fonti haven't got to this morsel yet, it was just pinging me from my notes spreadsheet

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Do they let their scum neighborizer's life rest on my indecision or a random swapper in that situation? I think not. They didn't really campaign hard at EoD for one side of the other.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
... or maybe I was just supposed to not post after the time is up.... I guess I'll be quiet

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Do they let their scum neighborizer's life rest on my indecision or a random swapper in that situation? I think not. They didn't really campaign hard at EoD for one side of the other.
Mega-biased opinion: DH's jump to Somi was pretty suspect, and Kary's vote was forced by Sabrar after he had said wam was scummy before.

Boomfrog, is Kary a busser? Do you know?
No idea. This was my first game with Kary.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I also remember I think Kary jumped onto Wam that EoD for the self prez vote. Even if her vote was forced, I think she would have kept her mouth shut about stuff like that to try to sway the yeet away.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Like scum obviously weren't going all in on bussing Wam if he was their partner because they would have wanted DH on that wagon rather than on Somi instead especially since his Somi vote was suspect. So theres no reason for Kary to go the extra mile there right?

fontisian

Smash Champion
Unwilling to Yeet:
Dark Horse

Pythag
Boomfrog
Sabrar
Fonti

Maybe willing to Yeet:
Kary

Laserguy
Chaco

Somitomi
Synchronicity

Down to Yeet:
FF
Wam

-----------------------
I've decided to let my FF read simmer for a bit

Shamelessly Jumping on the Wam wagon for now.

Vote: Wam
Lmao, Mala, you should be hoping Wam is the last one for the sake of your Day 1 read accuracy.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Preferably in the pool of fonti (trending up), somi, frozen (trending down)

I can probably give you a more definite answer after hearing more from fonti and frozen.

I also think wam’s been scummy but I’d prefer to yeet those three over him.
This conversation between Kary and DH is an experience. Very "hello fellow townsperson, which of these scummy villagers shall we be yeeting today?"

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Lmao, Mala, you should be hoping Wam is the last one for the sake of your Day 1 read accuracy.
Heh lel. I've given up all hope of being right. Speaking of which, I got an extra day of life. You guys know time is hard. And 3 days isn't 48 hours? I sure didn't. Turns out there was a reason I wasn't flipped.

Not really sure what to do with this, I was already kinda resigned to my fate, but I guess I can re go back and give boom the lovin he deserves for a bit.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
And look I know that sounds sus. So you guys should make sure I die before yeeting boom. I feel really dumb rn lol.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I got body slammed by work today. I'm skipping over page 14. I've got a bunch of quotes to sort out, but no time to do it tonight.

Quick impressions: @Chaco please don't do a point analysis. They are long and I'm getting little out of them, and the style change is making it harder to be confident in my read of you. Screw conciseness for toDay and give me that raw Chaco that I know and trust.

We really need to consolidate and get some real wagons moving. No more vanity voting. I hereby declare that you must vote for someone who already has votes. (Or if you want to flash yeet me for this manipulative behavior get someone to move with you)
Boom said when there were literally no votes on mafia.

fontisian

Smash Champion
And look I know that sounds sus. So you guys should make sure I die before yeeting boom. I feel really dumb rn lol.
Dude, scum tried to shoot you. For you to be scum, the entire team would have to be you/Pythag/DH/Kary. Or you would have had to self shoot. Doesn't make sense, be as scummy as you like.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
For some reason I was in Wednesday was day start mode, and took 48 hours from then instead of the other starting time. Sorry for the confusion all.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Dude, scum tried to shoot you. For you to be scum, the entire team would have to be you/Pythag/DH/Kary. Or you would have had to self shoot. Doesn't make sense, be as scummy as you like.
.... true. Am I like Wiisp in sumting? Thats cool. Anyway while I may not be certain on time. I am certain that Boom is the big bag wolf AWOOOOOOOOOO. And honestly I think he is going to be yeeted today anyway, so I'm gonna go analyze between Fonti and Wam which one is most likely if for some ungodly reason it isn't Boom. I'll be back eventually kiddos.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I also remember I think Kary jumped onto Wam that EoD for the self prez vote. Even if her vote was forced, I think she would have kept her mouth shut about stuff like that to try to sway the yeet away.
Nah, he voted right after Sabrar called everyone out for not voting wam. He did criticise the self prez cross vote but it was for both of them.

fontisian

Smash Champion
You are the microsoft clippy of mafia players and you are making this game miserable for me. please cease and desist with the patronizing the tone and pretending to be helpful. taking something I said out of context to re-hash your earlier point that you think chaco's somi case feels legit achieves nothing here except antagonizing me. I have already told you why I think scum Chaco would do what he did.
I'm make it easy for you, Mala.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Laser, Somi.

Pythag the most likely town in that grouping. Boom could be scum, especially if Laser isn't. Mala could also be straddling the line between reasonable and agenda pushing with his treatment of Frozen, but I think that's actually only likely if I'm wrong on Chaco, because that gives his push an actual motivation, and his push times well with mounting pressure on Chaco.

Potentially one remaining scum in you or Dark Horse, since you both occupy this space of being content with the status quo.
Honestly, except for the ****ing Kary read, my Day 1 wasn't even that terrible. I just needed to get there on Laser and I would have been able to hit boom. Bleh.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I'm make it easy for you, Mala.
true. I really don't think you can be scum with Kary. Maybe I'll just like, uh, go back to boom then. Man I had a purpose then realized how obvious my purpose was. Its just gotta be boom man. But to humor him I guess I'll go back to original plan of diving into him and looking at what Kary and DH say about Wam.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Nah, he voted right after Sabrar called everyone out for not voting wam. He did criticise the self prez cross vote but it was for both of them.
ah, my bad for the misunderstanding. I say jumped on here as called out. Let me go back and check the stuff about the self-prez.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Worth noting Kary voted Wam before the wagon when the wagons were like:
Somitomi(5): Chaco, Fontisian, Synchronicity, FrozenFlame, Dark Horse
Wam (3): Sabrar, Pythag, Kary

And then Boom and Laser came in to vote Wam. In the moment he voted it looked like Somi was easily going to be yeeted, and he likely didn't want to scum on the end of that wagon.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I could be convinced to go for Kary as well I think. There's nothing wrong with their play but it seems shallow. They seem competent enough to be digging deeper into motivations then they seem to be.
There's this from Boom at eod 1. Not sure if a Kary yeet was even viable at the point, but it's in his favor.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
From a Wam ISO:
They love to agree on things. They love to ask nothing questions that can't possibly help. Their reads are thin, hedgey, and not even in order. They throw out an interesting thought from time to time, but there doesn't seem to be any follow up. They believe ridiculous things like myself/Chaco being buddies, and that fonti would want to follow Gorf's reads. Overall I feel like they could definitely be partners with fonti, or less likely Chaco, they seem to have a lot of (unsubstantiated) opinions about those two slots.
This was right before Sabrar started the vote train
I would absolutely kill Wam here
same for this
somi's D1 play is in two halves, and I like the first half a lot more. It had some jokes, questions I could get behind, and while they express being a bit out of their depth at points (eg. 224) it feels believable to me- I've had similar thoughts this game. After the Laser on Chaco case, somi's second half is very much focused on Chaco, and to a lesser extent Wam. I think the questions somi asks are good, but it also seems very by-the-numbers. They also have some arrogance and confidence in dealing with Chaco (644, 679) that I don't know how to place. I guess it makes sense if they're confident there is scum tied up in the Laser - Chaco fiasco, but I see nothing that reinforces my earlier town pings. Can't see any reason to yeet them before Wam, and reading their ISO actually made me want to yeet Chaco more.
This was after Wam wagon began and was seen to be visibly picking up some steam, think he would have gone harder on Somi here if he was really trying to save buddy Wam.
All of fonti's reads feel fake and I dunno why you are only now noticing that.
def not Fonti lol
I was gonna call Sabrar bad and wrong for suggesting anyone was shy about a Wam elimination.
interesting, and the fact that boom liked it.
I think Wam is a much better elim than somi, and Chaco might be better than somi as well. If somi flips up green I feel like we learn nothing.
going hard on Wam.
wam self-pres doesn't change much but i still don't like it
aaaand somi self pres as well
Boom was right about him going in on both.
I could be convinced to go for Kary as well I think. There's nothing wrong with their play but it seems shallow. They seem competent enough to be digging deeper into motivations then they seem to be.
Says nothing is wrong but feels shallow, kind of a nothing read, but admittedly risky to pull with a partner at EoD.

LG or Kary?
In response to Synchro asking him to switch it up. Again, risky because Synchro had been scumreading Kary previously.

Boom what were the odds you thought a Laserguy or Kary flash change yeet would actually happen at that point?

fontisian

Smash Champion
OK, it was literally 20 minutes fro eod, that wasn't happening.

I certainly didn't help, either:
I think Kary's one of the only people really recklessly pursuing scumreads without caring about how they look. Would not yeet.
Ugh.

Fun fact: Boom liked this post. Wonder why.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Day 1 Notes:
Is that meant as an ordered list BoomFrog BoomFrog ?
townie > scummy with town at the top?
Question to Boom.

I have Chaco and Frozen in the same pile so I can't really vibe with your list lmao

Also Pythag just seems completely average Pythag, and therefore null. I have him in the same pile as somi and Wam
Started in the town pile now we're having some reservations.

These both rubbed me the wrong ways.

I would explain more but I gotta go right now.
Likes to group town together when shading them. May be doing the same with nulls, look for this later.

Haha, fine. Yes exactly. You legitimately should be a few slots lower, but I put you at the top to mess with you. It's a little TMI indicative that you nailed it, but I don't think you would be so blatent about you knowing what I'm doing if you were scum. Guess I'm not as confusing as I thought. : /
Kind of like this, fun Boomfrog solving style. Probably not that hard to fake.

i feel like wam’s been actively lurking behind other people’s opinions and doesn’t have any sort of initiative in his posts

here is a vote showing support for my wagon, which is arguably the first wagon that had any sort of support at the time. Beyond this he’s had inconsequential content. So a vote for pressure,

which turns into a serious vote. i dont understand how to gauge wam’s stance on me after I clarify that I was kidding in my next post though because he has a habit of prodding something and just... losing interest in it in his next post

again, inconsequential and doesn’t go anywhere

boom posts a readslist

now wam has reads. i don’t get why wam is still voting me when he agrees with booms assessment (slight town). The questions he asks seem to lack any real purpose and his pressure/reads are alongside somebody else. Strongest scum read to me
Reminder to self that Gorf wanted to yeet Wam.

I respect the decision to drop early Gorf. Catch you next time.

I did? How?

@LaserGuy I should have seen that coming. I'd had the same thought but wanted to give Chaco time to see if he settled back into his normal style.
Expecting Chaco to return to being towny, tmi.

Am I the only one who finds these weird.

I missed booms view on gorf. Blame late reading comprehension.

Gorf sorry you had to replace. I'm trying to play on my phone mainly as well so I feel your pain! I do have a laptop for complicated bits though!

@font, when your up to speed do your reads match gorfs?

Lasers analysis on chaco is a good oeice of work. So in going to sheep and put chaco as 2nd scummiest after gorf.

I have been kn the end of a few sabrar tunnels. I havent seen a full tunnel yet this game though.
Sheepy. Dislike the question about my reads matching Gorf's, because of course they wouldn't. Not necessarily scummy, town more likely to be looking at it from a weird angle.

I feel I'm in the wrong time zone for this game!

For Kary, chaco and malak are your boom votes serious?
#Rule of three.

I was under the impression that you were townreading Boom. If you were just talking about 'your ability to read Boom correctly in general' then yeah I just misunderstood, but I feel like the point still stands, that you were challenged on something and you kind of deferred, laughed about it.

You said you thought his read was legit... that to me suggested you thought his read was real and not fake, and so he was town.

If this is all hypothetical, what is your read on Boom, then?
Trying to force Chaco to defend his townread of Boom, simultaneously making Chaco look worse and Boom better.

Subtle shade noted

What do you think of Laser's case on chaco?
Much more casual when talking to partner!Kary than when reacting to Frozen or I attacking him.

Not very, though that should be obvious. Is Boom townie to you?
Defend the Boom, do it!
Yeah that's what I figured

I have a plausible explanation for how that can come from town in this specific context but I'm leaving that homework for kary herself
Leaves room for scummates to make themselves look good, doesn't like to do it himself.

Overall I'm most sus of the people putting me high already, and some of the more blatant case sheeping. I don't think I'm playing like my town game that much, and besides that I doubt these people know me enough to throw me at tops of lists and the like this early when most of my content has just been asking questions. FF is also kinda up there because I don't like their pre flip association thing and the reasoning behind it, just seemed off to me to try to make that connection this early. Didn't really like this post. Felt like taking an excuse to drop a vote without having to go through and agree with the case super hard. FF has def been playing different than what I saw in Midnight, but it makes sense why since that didn't work out great for them. So I guess Bird + Fish = Dog or whatever.

Vote: Frozen Flame
We ride.

Vote: Frozen Flame
Mala pushes Frozen, Boom jumps on board. Important for third scum to undermine Frozen at this point after the Kary/DH pick up. They can't do it without risking making themselves look more aligned.

@#HBC | Kary wtf dude liking my posts with a direct question to you but not answering it? :glare:
Frozen town.

Yeah I'm sorry for making you wait but I'm trying to carefully read and catch up and you're distracting me from that.

Wam had both Chaco and Gorf as scumreads earlier so they're not super surprising. The OMGUS on me is kinda grody, but I feel like the mirroring is just a coincidence. I guess it makes it slightly less likely that Wam is mafia with either of the other two, but I'll worry about that down the line.
Kary is genuinely apologetic, because they're not teammates. Wam hedge.

I did not say that Wam is "likely potato town", incorrect. While I agree that Wam is a potato, I have no idea why you think they are town. You said in your post-by-post that they 'feel genuine' but I don't get that feeling and what I really want to know here is what specific things make you think that.

To me, Wam is slightly scummy, for openly bandwaggon hopping, for asking questions that seem too naive to be real, and for the OMGUS vote. They are not a top priority for me but I also see no reason to keep them around, and I am skeptical of anyone defending them.

If you are town, I think you are assuming that potato = potato town, and defending the slot for no/bad reasons. If you can point me to a good reason, please do. But the fact that you are sticking to your guns and jumping to the conclusion that Wam must be town and I am mafia pushing you here suggests to me that reason has gone out the window somewhere because you have uncanny conviction on a slot that is very much a crapshoot in my view.

The only reason I said that I would look at Wam when you flip town is because you asked me who on your waggon I would look at. Since I consider your waggon to be Laser, Frozen and Wam that is not a very difficult question. The people I am suspicious of are exactly the people I rated low in my reads, and I am a lot more concerned about a slot like Sabrar or Synchro getting a town pass than I am about Wam.

I don't enjoy it when people interrupt my conversations, or make 'helpful' suggestions like maybe one of my scumreads is a scumread of mine.
As to why I am passive aggressive, that's more of a personal question.
All pressure on Wam here is in service of the Chaco scumread.

So do you think Chaco had a strong start?

Because I currently have zero reason to trust your good judgement 😃

1. I feel like scum Wam would do whatever his buddies told him to do. In general I think that mafia Wam is unlikely to vote for his partners on D1 but I don't remember a particularly hard bus so maybe I need to review that interaction.

2. After going deep on the things that rubbed me the wrong way about FF, I felt like I had gone too deep, so I just asked myself why he would do them as mafia. At first I was concerned because frozen was posting a lot and seemed to be throwing out a lot of accusations, then when he continued to do it I felt like he was just saying things as they come to mind and there isn't any agenda behind it. Like the somi emoji post is different to most of the things he posted but then I don't recall frozen doing reaction images before, either. I think he is just relaxed and happy and not scum for once.

3. Because I usually 'Like' things that make me laugh. And I had to ****ing laugh when I saw them finally start playing on page 10 but it's about RVS.
"I feel like scum Wam would do whatever his buddies told him to do."

Likely the truth if Wam is scum. But Wam wasn't in line with DH and Kary, was off pushing his own weird agenda with me. Town indicative for Wam.

@#HBC | Dark Horse who do you want to eliminate toDay?
1. Maybe “fast bus” would be a better term than hard bus. What struck me is that he seemed to pivot to chaco very quickly after Laser’s case.

2. I guess I disagree with you about FF’s intent, I can definitely see some of his posts having scum intent behind them
Kary/DH interactions. They casually talk about misyeeting town a lot.

I'm 3 pages behind and don't know the context here, but yes. Almost always in general, and definitely this game. So far he feels like he is struggling to have unique thoughts and it's easy to read/frame that as scummy.
Defense of Wam. Meh.

Iv read through all of fonts posts this morning. I will put up examples later but generally each post on it's own scans well but I'm struggling to get an idea of their views other than on laserguy

fontisian fontisian can we get a reads list?

I'm still viewing it as scummy as avoiding commit g day 1 is classic tell but the play is very different to gorf. I would also say scum font would be more likely to try and follow gorfs reads so that is in their favour.

Based on the above I'm swapping chaco and font in my reads list so.

Unvote

Vote chaco
Meh. Dislike the Chaco push, but it was following Kary, probably doesn't happen with him. But Wam was sheeping Laser more than Kary, so. Possible.

I can see what your driving at I think.
If anything they are more likely to be buddies. As scum kary knows chaco is scum so drops them down without evidence.
Willing to call Kary scummy, not willing to yeet them before Chaco.

so you're not taking me up on the offer to explain why you think FF is similar this game?

I feel like Wam is scummy but it's hard to get a good read on them, and they had literally just posted that they were going to be busy having not replied to something I asked. Whereas Chaco was active and actively setting off alarm bells for me. Voting Wam there does nothing to improve my Wam read.
Hedging on Wam.

I think you are playing up your relative inexperience and your difficulties adjusting to the new forum, so that people write you off as trying your best, and don't look twice at your content. Or are you saying that one player being more suspicious of you would completely rule out that strategy?

And I don't know where you got the idea that I thought you were good at acting. But some roles are harder to portray than others, in case that wasn't obvious.

I felt like you only cared about the votes on Boom, am I just mistaken then?
Unnecessary pressure to put on Wam here if Wam is scummate. Good look for Wam.

@#HBC | Kary
Try applying "If I had a pre-planned agenda, I would just say I had the opposite reads on Chaco/Frozen and you would have nothing to say here," to Chaco's somi read. Do you see it?
I'm an idiot.

A big reason why I stayed on fonti was that their pushes on Chaco and wam felt pretty safe. Laser guy is a much less safe push so it’s made me curious enough to keep them alive for now.
Ooh, push Laserguy for me, fonti. Start a massive town v town fight please. I might even refrain from scumreading you immediately, wink.

Kary, sorry for adding stress. I was genuinely just trying to help.
I'm an idiot.

fontisian fontisian is dark horse a play?
Frozen town.

@#HBC | Kary why is chaco a play over somi/wam at this point?
Frozen town.

From a Wam ISO:
They love to agree on things. They love to ask nothing questions that can't possibly help. Their reads are thin, hedgey, and not even in order. They throw out an interesting thought from time to time, but there doesn't seem to be any follow up. They believe ridiculous things like myself/Chaco being buddies, and that fonti would want to follow Gorf's reads. Overall I feel like they could definitely be partners with fonti, or less likely Chaco, they seem to have a lot of (unsubstantiated) opinions about those two slots.
Only thing that gives me pause is a sequence from 570 onwards, where Synchro interrupts Wam asking Sabrar about day chat to make Wam guess the answer. Seems skeevy from xivii but that might be my bias talking. Aside from that and the wifom of the general willingness to yeet them I don't find any reason to keep them around.
Possible that Kary was just super annoyed with a scummate they perceived as weaker than the other teammembers, hence the venting about the "thin, hedgey and out of order" reads. Links made to me and Chaco, some defense at end. Partnery.

here and reading.

If I unvote you, you will lose the tiebreaker to Chaco. I would absolutely kill Wam here, reading somi now.
Good for Wam.

Okay, let's see who means it.

Unvote
Vote: wam
Sabrar calls them out.

Actually I’ll do this cause I don’t know if I will be here at deadline
vote wam
Pythag backs it up.

Trying to sus another slot that starts pushing you? Boooooo. Wasn't this your game plan in completely vanilla?

I already stated why I consider you to be a better yeet than wam. In fact I literally stated it in the post that you quoted and you cropped it out which looks very grimy.

Somi is a slot that that has mostly been super passive at this phase, but has hit a turning point where they finally started to post reads and seemingly do more than just a guarded chill in the background. Is it a turning point that makes them look town? Not really, but it's still a turning point on the last day of the day phase which makes me see how that slot plays out more.

In contrast, you had a bad chaco push, bad responses to questions that seem to show a lack of town intent, and a bad readslist, and this all happened earlier in the dayphase. Furthermore unlike somi you're still doing the same pissed off defensive schtick today. For someone who had tried to scumread slots for seeming defensive your responses to the pressure on you are chock full of AtE and alternating between scumreading and talking down slots that are suspecting you. The irony is that I think wam has responded much better under pressure than you have so far. And then this:

Which is a blatant attempt to appeal to the guy who doesn't like the current gamestate in order to test the waters with your vanity lynch project.

I feel very justified in my vote. Send him 2 tha essence
Dark Horse reacting to Wam pushing by going all in on Frozen push.

I have about 30 minutes till I'm gone for the day. I know I'm an easy day 1 lynch so when I flip town have a look at those who should know better. Cough cough sabrar.

Any questions for me?
Feels towny.

Vote: Somi
Bleh.

It's a counter wagon to me but I'm reading somi as town. I will vote in self defense if needed though.
Feels towny.

Vote: somitomi
Syn votes.

trying to jump on to an easy misyeet of me because you're afraid I'll pin your scum ass? Boooooooo

Sussing slots that pushed me wasn't my gameplan in vanilla, not at all. Only did that against Osie and then just NKd him to save me the trouble, try re-reading again

Also, lmao at the suggestion that I deliberately cropped anything out of your post, I pared it down to contain only the part I was addressing. Anyone can flip back one page and see what you posted, I'm not hiding anything. Especially considering you actual DONT provide your rationale for me over somi and wam, look:

the bolded is the only reasoning you proffer re: me being a play generally. Everything else is just explaining other reads, not at all addressing why I should be top choice to yeet. **** outta here with this nonsense

Oh ok so I'm grimy for pushing chaco and then coming around on it when everyone told me I was wrong, but I'm the play over people still on that wagon? The ****?

I won't deny that my EoD posts tend to have a lot of AtE, my patience is just thru with getting lynched D1 in plurality games for half baked reasons its annoying af. if you think my AtE is suss and makes me look worse on reaction that's fine but I think at this point you're just interpreting my AtE that way to rationalize your take on my slot

LMAO ok bro nice forced take, its actually just me asking other slots I townread for their take on slots that look suss to me
Frozen town.
Unvote: Wam
Vote: Somitomi
Four votes on Somi.
I could kill Dark Horse? I feel like he kept his vote on me for way too long. Maybe it's not fair to have these sort of expectations for someone I've never played with before, but he seems like the kind of person who would have been townreading my approach to the game.
Why didn't I just do this.
@somitomi I'm not locked in here. You talking about your progressions on Frozen and Laser would be very helpful.

Also, maybe talk about your read on me? You have me as one of your top town, and that just doesn't fit with you not knowing about Frozen townreading me. His read should have been something that factored both into your read on me and your read on him, but it clearly hasn't.
Wait, I was talking about somi, sorry.

Yeah, Dark Horse is coasting too.
And that might be worse for him, because he /should/ be doing more.
I hate me.
Fonti's sudden read on me feels super fake. I guess I was wrong to rescind that scumread on him.
Open wolfing, awooooo.
All of fonti's reads feel fake and I dunno why you are only now noticing that.
Must defend the Dark Horse. Idk, weird that he would defend DH like this but not Wam, though DH was in a better position. Still, good look for Wam.
These feel like very empty statements meant to encourage FF's scumread on me.
Oh no, the town are trusting each other!

I don't know how Sabrar starting a Wam waggon ended up with somi getting the business.

I was gonna call Sabrar bad and wrong for suggesting anyone was shy about a Wam elimination.
Kary really thought Wam was going down here, huh.

Especially since there was pretty much zero mention of shading me before FF brought it up. Super super sus.
So gross.

You talk like someone who knows the game enough to be driving things. But you're not driving things. Am I wrong?
fontisian fontisian

I don't like clogging the thread, I prefer to find scum on my own pace. Especially during day 1 when I think it's the easiest for your reads to be wrong, I care far more about being right than being loud and wrong.

Furthermore when exactly did you develop this hypothesis?
My gut says wam is too easy to read as scum and I've seen some little pings of trying to figure things out, like when he questioned why people had left votes on me.

I'm willing to yeet Somi. I can't think of anything but pure neutral coming from him so far.
Boom doesn't comment on Dark Horse stuff, defends Wam a bit. Seems dissatisfied with both yeets, but doesn't go for the obvious option in DH.

That's fair.

My read on you degrading is something I talked about before Frozen brought it up. I can grab the quote.

It's not a hypothesis, it's just a feeling based on playing with a lot of different people, and learning to fit people into certain player archetypes.
**** it

Vote: Somi

Could also swing fonti now. Fonti could be scum trying to egg on a town!FF. My gut says that two scumbuds wouldn't be too blatant like that
DH votes Somi. Could just be to be on the opposite wagon to Kary, not to save Wam.

@#HBC | Dark Horse

Posted before Frozen started talking about you.
fontisian fontisian

How does your read on me compare and contrast with your read on sabrar?
That seems valid, which is part of why I'm not actually voting yet. I've skipped several pages so I can't see if the resistance seems sincere.
Boom hedging.

I feel like Sabrar is doing more/I agree more with the direction he's taking. He took me seriously when I talked about tvt fighting. While you both defended Chaco, he stuck his neck out more. He pushed on Laser. He's calling Boom out right now for not talking about Wam. With you, you've defended Chaco, and shaded me and Frozen a bunch?

If somi is a wolf, I'm not even sure you look better than him. Sure, you've had somi in your scumteams and you're hoping on now, but the wagon is already taking off without you. And while Sabrar could be scum trying to stop it, iirc, he was very willing to bus when push came to shove in Sumting Mafia.

Tbf, I desperately need to go over both of your isos again, but I don't have the time.
Are you going to defend Somi, @Sabrar?
I really don't want to be refreshing this game for the next hour and a half.

I think Wam is a much better elim than somi, and Chaco might be better than somi as well. If somi flips up green I feel like we learn nothing.

My spicy picks would be fonti or synchro at this point, but I'd rather reach a consensus I can get behind than shoot myself in the foot trying to be clever.

Vote: Wam
Kary buries Wam, brings votes to 3 on Wam, 5 on Somi.

F it. I gtg and am not sure I'll be here for deadline. I trust Sabrar slightly more the Fonti.

Vote Wam
Boom votes Wam, cites me and Sabrar even though I didn't think he was townreading me.

I'd also be down for a spicy LG flash yeet if people I think are townie agree with me.
Willing to pick up my Laser push, but not my DH one.

I guess I can agree with you about sabrar being more active than me, he's one of my top town reads for a reason, but I feel like too much of your scumread is based on the fact that you have ideas about how I should play even though you've never seen me play before. Just because I haven't been splattering my thoughts across the thread doesn't mean that gears haven't been turning

And I don't really care that the somi wagon took off without me because I was far more concerned with pushing frozen until like 10 minutes ago
Frozen town.

Ngl frozen I feel like you're letting fonti's play in midnight ops affect your view on him way too much.

For one I was actually scumreading you from the midnight ops spec chat (you can check the receipts if you'd like) before fonti's case. I think fonti's case on you that game was less some master manipulation and more just you not playing your best scum game and getting caught for it.

This is a different game with a different playerlist, I don't think think it's a stretch that fonti could be playing it differently
Frozen town.

First, I want to thank everyone for actually participating. It's amazing to have a D1 where everyone seriously votes and plays hard.

Second, I'm not very excited about either of these yeets. This is just a short list of the two players who have the most difficulty keeping up with the game
So give us somewhere else to yeet, you ****ing scumlord.

its wild that chaco vouched for this somi elim and surely it only makes him look worse?
boom saying congratulations feels sketchy, jesus
mala is obvious town
wam self-pres doesn't change much but i still don't like it
aaaand somi self pres as well
yay
Hedging.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Boom what were the odds you thought a Laserguy or Kary flash change yeet would actually happen at that point?
Idk, I really had no idea of the mood of the thread at that point since I was coming in last minute. Probably like 30% it'd actually happen. Both yeets seemed to be likely town since they were just pushes on weak players. Also, I wanted to see who would be interested. People reveal their true preferences at EoD when **** gets real.

Fun fact: Boom liked this post. Wonder why.
Because it was convincing logic? When judging these things you have to ask, "would town Boom have liked this post?" If the answer is yes then it's NAI. Stop pinging me for just being an active player.

Wam

Smash Ace
Question do we need to hammer before mala dies? Is there any chance that letting him die could backfire?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Look, all this rereading isn't going to help. I'm good at faking tone and wam's tone is never good (although he usually will have some kind of "town-slip" but never has this game) Look at actions:

Wam has been for every bad wagon all game. He jumped on early in each day and never wavered off his bad yeet picks. He hasn't had townie paranoia, just scummy opportunism.

I've been against yeeting Somi and wam (if I'm scum he is town) D1 and proposed moving to Kary, I was against yeeting Sync D2 and against Fonti D3. My policy of not yeeting slots that could redeem themselves is clear (see me being against the Mercuri yeet in vanilla).

Wam was even reluctant to yeet Kary D4 and tried to coerce some advantage out of it. And he's trying to leave the door open to yeet Fonti toMorrow. If he was actually suspicious of Fonti he'd be trying to sort between me and Fonti but he doesn't care. town!wam would know he is going to lose the whole game toMorrow if Fonti is scum. He'd have to get it right, toDay. But wam isn't thinking that way. He's thinking "I need them to yeet Boom today and Fonti toMorrow".

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I don't think it makes a difference, though i'd like to be alive when we win the game, but that is a small factor that yall shouldn't really care about. The people I see as down to vote Boom are Me, Wam, Fonti, and FF. Pythag seems a bit more reluctant, but I could be reading him wrong.

When I die, the remaining three will be enough to hammer still.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog what is your response to all the various posts people have brought up linking Kary to you and not to Wam? I don't think I've seen you respond to most of them.

Top Bottom