• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Why is the flip crazy, like the fact that they died, sure, that's ****ing awesome, but the flip isn't crazy?
I think the most likely explanation is multi ball, and that changes a lot of the calculus. Also, I was quite confident I had the solve of Fonti-FF-Pythag

but.... he was one I was considering for scum, just less so, so I wasn't super 'mad' about it. I just really wanted that osie slot gone. What about the osie slot pushed you to not yeet it yesterDay? Were you
Talk about this [refusing to move to Osie] BoomFrog BoomFrog
I was concerned that you were squirreling away your third scummate among your solve of Laser-Pythag-Osie. I believed you were serious about being willing to yeet Osie. If you were willing to yeet pythag too that was a good sign. When you were like, "pythag keep talking if you are town" and pythag drops his longest most cognizant post ever I was very concerned that you had written that for him and it was all scum theatre. Also, pythag seems objectively scummier then DH.

Then you proposed going to laser, and as I'd said, that was my original second choice yeet and my stupid puzzle solving brain focused on "can we yeet laser even if pythag is his buddy" instead of "should we yeet laser".

Also, this is pathetic. The other one I was thinking of was pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconeosis.
If this was LYLO, and you were scum and your power worked in LYLO it was a totally necessary precaution. Don't tell me that's not a reasonable concern. Also, what is the taboo word of the day?

There's no reason for scum to shoot Osie in a multiple-ball setup, unless they knew he was scum and were trying to hit scum. Like, if he's not on their team, then they want us to yeet him.
I think it's one confident scum team trying to weaken the other for endgame since town keeps missing.

Is it normal to put members on a flip even if there is only one other member?
Oh, spicy. Mala, does your power specifically redirect the kill to you?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
My wording is basically (not quoting) I take their place for the death, but we might be thinking of the same thing.
Not willing to say anything about this until I get an explanation from Pythag and Wam.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I think the most likely explanation is multi ball, and that changes a lot of the calculus. Also, I was quite confident I had the solve of Fonti-FF-Pythag

I was concerned that you were squirreling away your third scummate among your solve of Laser-Pythag-Osie. I believed you were serious about being willing to yeet Osie. If you were willing to yeet pythag too that was a good sign. When you were like, "pythag keep talking if you are town" and pythag drops his longest most cognizant post ever I was very concerned that you had written that for him and it was all scum theatre. Also, pythag seems objectively scummier then DH.

Then you proposed going to laser, and as I'd said, that was my original second choice yeet and my stupid puzzle solving brain focused on "can we yeet laser even if pythag is his buddy" instead of "should we yeet laser".

If this was LYLO, and you were scum and your power worked in LYLO it was a totally necessary precaution. Don't tell me that's not a reasonable concern. Also, what is the taboo word of the day?

I think it's one confident scum team trying to weaken the other for endgame since town keeps missing.

Why would you want to hit my power if this was lylo? How is that plan supposed to work?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually it may not matter if Wam goes before me, it just matters if someone got neighborized.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Guessing the person who "got neighborized" is somebody already in a chat :joyful:

Also would like to know if anyone received bread for that matter.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, so I lied about my role, I'm not a baker

I'm a JOAT

3 abilities

cop
bread
bus drive

I gave boom the bread, I bus drove malakandra last night and swapped her with osieorb.

I didn't want to reveal all of this yesterDay because I didn't want scum to know that this ability was out there.
I figured if mala was outted as the protective role, then I could quietly bus drive that obvious target with whatever I thought was scummy. So that's what I did

fontisian

Smash Champion
Ok, so I lied about my role, I'm not a baker

I'm a JOAT

3 abilities

cop
bread
bus drive

I gave boom the bread, I bus drove malakandra last night and swapped her with osieorb.

I didn't want to reveal all of this yesterDay because I didn't want scum to know that this ability was out there.
I figured if mala was outted as the protective role, then I could quietly bus drive that obvious target with whatever I thought was scummy. So that's what I did
You haven't used the cop shot?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Unvote

I think that kills any chance of playing this out more for Wam info.

I believe Pythag because thats what I suspected honestly. I did just remember and making that post genuinely, then realized there were more explanations, but I should play it up to see what they would say. My
Guessing the person who "got neighborized" is somebody already in a chat :joyful:
was saying that.

Still want to hear exactly what Wam got as a result last night.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Yeah, I believe Pythag.

Which means:
1. They tried to shoot Mala
2. Pythag is clear
3. If Pythag has a cop shot left, he can use it because Mala is still alive

That means we get 3 ****ING CLEARS.

Ladies and gents, we are one townread away from lylo.

And hey, who buried DH and stayed on him for Days? That's right, it's /Frozen/.

We kill and check in me, Boom, Wam and Kary, and as long as we aren't wrong on Frozen, that's game.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
My only hesitation is that this feels a bit too easy at this point? Like scum gotta have something to counter me just protecting him? Or I guess that would screw me hmmm. This was a pretty unique circumstance. But with Pythag having this level of power, I definitely don't think all power roles are town.

We should atleast not say who Pythag is checking ahead of time.

Thaumaturgy

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I’m fairly certain that boom is town from this play. This rings of paranoia.

This is why all my thoughts are currently focused at frozen, kary, and wam

fontisian

Smash Champion
My only hesitation is that this feels a bit too easy at this point? Like scum gotta have something to counter me just protecting him? Or I guess that would screw me hmmm. This was a pretty unique circumstance. But with Pythag having this level of power, I definitely don't think all power roles are town.

We should atleast not say who Pythag is checking ahead of time.

Thaumaturgy
There is no word.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
There is no word.
Cool, I remember you saying you can only use it day 2 and 3, was just trying to get you to say there was no word today to see if you were being consistent.

I think it might just be Wam and then maybe Kary playing a crazy good game?

fontisian

Smash Champion
s
Cool, I remember you saying you can only use it day 2 and 3, was just trying to get you to say there was no word today to see if you were being consistent.

I think it might just be Wam and then maybe Kary playing a crazy good game?
It doesn't matter, we can literally yeet/check 4 people, which means we only need one ckear outside of you and Pythag. Maybe check our second clearest person in case there's a godfather or something, but a godfather with only one cop shot would be ridiculous.

Like, find one town you're sure of. I'm probably going to pick Frozen, but I'll do my due diligence Pick a back-up town in case things get weird. Then kill/check everyone else, gg, no re.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Boom's word paranoia doesn't clear the towniness bar. He can be just as worried about it as town and scum.

Wam

Smash Ace
Just catching up I got your action was unable to be completed. Which aligns with targeting mala and mala being bus driven with osie. Interestingly it also backs it up as in the two nights I hit the night kill I didnt get any message.

Wam

Smash Ace
Ebwop only half.posted above

8 minutes to go and just the three of us playing at deadline...wtf...
It was 11 pm friday ngiht and I didnt have a vote. I was also not expecting the laser guys swing.

do either of you wanna explain why you couldn't just do that and had to kill LASER? Someone you had both described as VERY TOWN?
This so much this!

Yeah, I believe Pythag.

Which means:
1. They tried to shoot Mala
2. Pythag is clear
3. If Pythag has a cop shot left, he can use it because Mala is still alive

That means we get 3 ****ING CLEARS.

Ladies and gents, we are one townread away from lylo.

And hey, who buried DH and stayed on him for Days? That's right, it's /Frozen/.

We kill and check in me, Boom, Wam and Kary, and as long as we aren't wrong on Frozen, that's game.
I was thinking about this overnight. Yeah but your case was entirely based on the link to pythag. So if pythag flips town you have an excuse to back off dh/oisie whilst still keeping the distancing.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Ebwop only half.posted above

It was 11 pm friday ngiht and I didnt have a vote. I was also not expecting the laser guys swing.

This so much this!

I was thinking about this overnight. Yeah but your case was entirely based on the link to pythag. So if pythag flips town you have an excuse to back off dh/oisie whilst still keeping the distancing.
1. I wanted to kill Osie slot first.
2. That's fine, we can kill me. We can also kill you, and Boom, and we can check Kary.

Wam

Smash Ace
But yes boon looks really bad for not wanting an osie lynch.

Vote boomfrog

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Also, if you think both Boom and fonti are town, do you think it's just a coincidence they ended up yeeting the one player who called them both scum?

Top Bottom