• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 2.8 (reposting to be on top of page)

Synchronicity(3): Kary, Wam, Malakandra
Laserguy (3):Fontisian, BoomFrog, Chaco,
Wam (1): Dark Horse
Fontisian (1): Laserguy
Chaco(1): Synchronicity

Not voting (2): Pythag, FrozenFlame
Day 2 Ends on Thursday the 17th at 5 PM CST. End of Day Countdown, Roughly 25 hours from this post. With 11 Alive, it takes 6 votes to eliminate

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
#1322, on page 34
Right, sorry. I'd read the reads but forgotten the list. And you're scum team is exactly the first three people to vote you. Well, nice call there at least.

What in particular about my play stuck you as scummy? You usually have some actual insight on my slot. Why did you not even mention me in your reads?

What do you find townie about DH?

fontisian

Smash Champion
No, your play is very different here from in Midnight. In Midnight you were asking a lot of questions and were placing your evaluations in people right in the thread, e.g. here, here, here, here, here. When you found your scumreads and PoE, you were very committed to them despite any distractions. Even if you didn't comment in detail or provide your analysis in full, there was a clear progression in your thoughts and an obvious desire to sort. Neither of these things are true this game. Here, you are coasting.
And here, I am asking questions, placing my evaluations in the thread, having clear progressions, and trying to sort.

It's worth saying that you could be picking up on something real here, and I'm just not perceiving it because the process in my head feels the same. But, I had my worst towngame in years a month and half ago and was hoping to use this as a chill experience to recover from it. I feel much, much less confident in my ability to find and stick to good scumreads, and in the benefits of doing so, and that may be slipping into my play. I'm not sure, I don't really feel different.

I don't really care whether you think you could have buried me. It's honestly a bit weird to me that this would even be a consideration. I care about whether your evaluation of me makes sense, and how you interpret my responses to you.
When your words and choices have weight, it's always a consideration. I can't just give reads freely, or I risk pushing things the wrong way and opening myself up to being called "manipulative," as you are trying to do here for the ones I did just give without calculation.

They said they would talk to you about it; you just never followed up.
If they cared to talk about you, they would have talked about you then or shortly thereafter, not just said they were up for talking. I was asking them to look at you and come back with something we could talk about, and they were clearly not interested in doing so.

You were specifically asked to comment on this PoE: {LaserGuy, Pythag, BoomFrog, somitomi and Malakandra}, and of those five, you felt that somi and I are most likely scum. That doesn't actually imply that you thought somi was particularly likely to be scum, just more likely than Mala, BoomFrog, and Pythag. There's no commentary justifying this position, unlike on all of the other players in this list, and your comments to Dark Horse suggesting that there was is a gross misrepresentation of what you actually said in thread. If anything, your follow up in #648 suggests you weren't thinking about somi being scum at all.
Sabrar asked me about that group because I was defending everyone else. That was me saying that you and Somi were my strongest scumreads. If you were paying any attention to the context, you would know that.

#648 is me acknowledging that I was not 100% on Frozen being town and that I had looked at the people who had co-alignments or anti-alignments with Frozen. Somi did not have much interaction with him at all, so he didn't factor into that thought process.

Why did you only try to sort him with only two hours left of play? You weren't willing to engage with me when you actually had time to hash out your evaluation of me. Why did it make sense to you to try to engage with somitomi only in a high pressure situation where it would be more difficult to defend himself?
Obviously because I started scumreading him with 4 hours left of play. Was I supposed to wake up earlier? And higher pressure doesn't make it more difficult for someone to defend themselves, it makes the reactions more pure. And I did engage with you much because 1. the ways I did engage with you didn't produce anything useful 2. engaging with you in Midnight Ops didn't do anything useful either and 3. I had more important things to do, like sorting Frozen, Chaco, Kary and Somi.

A lot of what I feel from you, here and elsewhere, is that you idly speculate about some scenario in a way that encourages others to scumread them, without drawing attention to yourself directly or committing to a read directly.
Piss off, man, they're not "idle speculations," they're my thoughts.

How Boom would react and evaluate the wagons here is a meta analysis.
It 100% is not, are you going to back this up or just keep saying "meta?"

BoomFrog has a funny way of doing that. But I'm not at all surprised who is wagoning with you against me.
Yes, I'm sure he's not just voting you right now to make this push look bad.

I will take it as a compliment that you think I would go after you if I were scum and you were Town. But it's also clear you don't actually have a good understanding of how I play scum, or at least are choosing to ignore what you know. If Sync is Town and I were scum, I would probably have just done nothing and let him be yeeted. Likewise with Mala. Or wam. There's no benefit for me to pick fights with strong players as opposed to just pushing along things that are going that way anyway. I'm not going to pretend I'm a particularly strong scum player, but I have a good sense of the flow of the game and I don't pick fights I can't win.
I am taking this into consideration.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'm confused how I'm not in the list of swing votes seeing as I literally was the swing vote.
Btw, can you explain this? I presume this is predicated on a certain someone being scum? ( Lower priority then defending sync)
Feels like everyone except me and Frozen has called the slot really town, and most scum don't feel comfortable doing that to a partner, therefore he's probably town, even if his play sucks.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm confused how I'm not in the list of swing votes seeing as I literally was the swing vote.
Btw, can you explain this? I presume this is predicated on a certain someone being scum? ( Lower priority then defending sync)
That made it viable to be the primary yeet, you were the swing hammer.

Chaco

Never Logs In
To further elaborate, cause it was a given that Frozen was following Fonti at that point. So Synch and DH were the unknowns there to push it through, you feel me? It was known that Wam was going to self pres vote as well.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Someone should compare and contrast Syn's notes with the likes they gave in early game.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
To further elaborate, cause it was a given that Frozen was following Fonti at that point. So Synch and DH were the unknowns there to push it through, you feel me? It was known that Wam was going to self pres vote as well.
Right, but that's one vote short that has to come from Mala or me. But whatever, we probably don't need to hash this out unless Sync still thinks this is scummy from you. Threads busy enough already.

fontisian

Smash Champion
So for one, Bessie's notes are definitely real and were likely written in real time.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Town
LaserGuy
Dark Horse
Sabrar

BoomFrog
Frozen
Malakandra

Synchronicity
somitomi
---Null line--
Kary
pythag
wam

Gorf
Chaco
Scum

Laser's Current Reads:
LaserGuy
Kary
Dark Horse/replacement
Malakandra
pythag
FrozenFlame

Wam

Syn

Chaco
Boom
Fonti

1000 posts, and the main differences are Kary going up and Boom going down.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I think this full exchange with Frozen looks pretty good for Syn. It feels very, humm, fair? in how they approached him, and Frozen seemed to agree with that at the time since this is what broke him out of his Chaco tunnel. It doesn't feel like a gotcha thing, but it does shed some light on the origins of Syn's Frozen tunnel. I threw in the question to Pythag as well, because it's close chronologically and has the same feel of this head of hydra trying to dig deeper into a mindset. I strongly recommend going back and reading the whole thing for yourselves.

Pythag Pythag could you explain the "concision is protown" line. Not what it means, but why it was something you remembered. Was it something that was debated about?
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame in #35 what sort of answer were you looking for from Chaco that would have revoked your vote?
So there's no answer that you can think of that would have satisfied you?

In #35 what was the reason you would have gone back to mala if Chaco did provide a satisfactory answer?
You're misrepresenting him though. His reasons for voting Boom wasn't to tie the wagon, it was because he wanted to pressure Boom more than Mala. The equality statement was just acknowledging the fact that it was tying it up. That doesn't mean it was his reason for voting.

So based on this, how is Chaco's reasoning for why he voted Boom any less valid than your reason for why you wanted to vote Mala?
I'm definitely not misrepresenting him, but very possibly inadvertently misinterpreting his motives/thought process. I've never attacked chaco for the vote itself, but what I perceived as an attempt to manipulate the optics of the vote. thats where the sense of grime comes from. and then his responses to it didn't help shake the gut read at all. I never attacked the "validity" of the vote, obviously we're 30 some pages in, how "valid" can any vote really be? I've never gone after chaco for pumping up an RVS wagon, like you said I was right there with him doing it, I literally only thought that his deliberate decision to mention his vote equaled out the wagons was suss
**** it I'm probably wrong on this fine

Unvote: Chaco
Vote: Wam
Frozen, what concerns me is the bolded here. Why the focus on optics for an RVS wagon?

I asked you above why you made this statement due to the possibility of it pertaining to the mala post you had just quoted (i.e. signaling that the post was scummy so you would switch back to him), but that seems to not be the case.
This is my point. I quoted your line verbatim. Why were you focusing on optics for an RVS wagon? In other words, why did you feel it necessary to inform us that you would return to Mala? Why was that a concern?

fontisian

Smash Champion
My question is, even if my read on Boom was meta, why would that mean it's bad? Like, I've played two games with Boom before this, why wouldn't I have a basic idea of how he plays? Laser saying that read being meta is reason to distrust it and me when otherwise agrees with the read doesn't make any sense.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Synchronicity Synchronicity For the record, I haven't intentionally been scummy as a gambit, that's mostly the result of my lack of presence D1 and a strong player base pushing things to PoE evaluations. But I'll agree I've not been concentrating on acting townie like I did in Vanilla.

fontisian fontisian Too late to not sound like an excuse, but I meant to say the one thing I didn't like about DH's angle was his really views on Gorf. I liked DH a lot more early D2.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Right, but that's one vote short that has to come from Mala or me. But whatever, we probably don't need to hash this out unless Sync still thinks this is scummy from you. Threads busy enough already.
Yeah I know that, but I’m saying once they came on that’s what led me to believe it was clear he was going to be lynched. But agreed.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Sabrar is basically just straight meta. His tone and style of posting here give me very strong Town vibes. I've played about 20-odd games with him and I feel pretty comfortable with his Town range.

BoomFrog, I'm not sure how much I can elaborate. His content is thin, but his reads make sense to me coming from BoomFrog. He often looks for very different things than I do so I'm usually just looking that I can understand where he's coming from. Why are you voting BoomFrog btw.?

Yes, I lean a lot on meta in my reads if I can.

This feels very townie to me.

I'd probably defer to the bessie half of Synchronicity Synchronicity as she has the most copious meta notes. I don't recall specifically whether wam has a tendency to mirror reads. I will say that wam tends to have a very... hmm... loose style that tends to read as scummy regardless of alignment.

Is there any particular reason you've been quite reserved so far? Not just with Malakandra, but in general?
Laser clearly doesn't have a problem with meta reads normally.

Him asking me if I was being reserved here is a through-line to the present "you're coasting accusation," but I wasn't be reserved then, so like, ????. If someone else could chime in here and say if I have been coming off as reserved, it'd be really helpful.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Synchronicity Synchronicity For the record, I haven't intentionally been scummy as a gambit, that's mostly the result of my lack of presence D1 and a strong player base pushing things to PoE evaluations. But I'll agree I've not been concentrating on acting townie like I did in Vanilla.

fontisian fontisian Too late to not sound like an excuse, but I meant to say the one thing I didn't like about DH's angle was his really views on Gorf. I liked DH a lot more early D2.
How would you act towny normally? What do you get out of it? And why not do it here?

I'm don't get what you mean by "really views." Did you just mean "views"? Also, can you clarify what he did in D2 that you liked? I hardly even remember him doing anything.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Laser's Current Reads:
LaserGuy
Kary
Dark Horse/replacement
Malakandra
pythag
FrozenFlame

Wam

Syn

Chaco
Boom
Fonti

1000 posts, and the main differences are Kary going up and Boom going down.
He seems like Laser in midnight to me, around D2-D3 is was noticeable that he was more coasting along and not actively scumhunting. I haven’t read his case on you yet, but that’s the first push I’ve seen from him since the one on me. I’m gonna catch up in a bit, just got home from work.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Laser clearly doesn't have a problem with meta reads normally.

Him asking me if I was being reserved here is a through-line to the present "you're coasting accusation," but I wasn't be reserved then, so like, ????. If someone else could chime in here and say if I have been coming off as reserved, it'd be really helpful.
His whole case on me was meta based in its entirety based off of one game and a spec game.

I don’t think you’ve been reserved, pretty typical from what I saw in midnight.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
If someone else could chime in here and say if I have been coming off as reserved, it'd be really helpful.
You've tried to break up what you perceive as TvTs. But you haven't given many scum reads. Generally just "I could kill X" and then that thought seems to disappear and I have no idea how much weight it really has. You only seem to commit at EoD (out of fear of being NEed and your thoughts lost). I'm often surprised by some of your movements like onto Mala and onto LG toDay.

fontisian

Smash Champion
You've tried to break up what you perceive as TvTs. But you haven't given many scum reads. Generally just "I could kill X" and then that thought seems to disappear and I have no idea how much weight it really has. You only seem to commit at EoD (out of fear of being NEed and your thoughts lost). I'm often surprised by some of your movements like onto Mala and onto LG toDay.
Thanks.

This is fair, I think I probably have been pretty gunshy on my scumreads, and it's possible Laser is genuinely intepreting that as coasting.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
To add to the above, you were equally reserved in Midnight.

How would you act towny normally? What do you get out of it? And why not do it here?
I don't normally act townie. I acted townie last game by laying out all my thoughts clearly as I had them and not testing people with fake pushes. I ended up universally town read and lost in LYLO because I couldn't figure out the scum team. Also the game was boring. Acting the way I do normally helps me read people, for example FF and Kary this game.

On there flip side I've been misyeeted in the two other games that I wasn't an innocent child, so that's not great either. I'm still trying to find my footing in this community.

really views
swipo. Should be "early views".

Chaco

Never Logs In
Does anyone have a good read on Pythag this game, or is he kind’ve ambiguous title most?

Chaco

Never Logs In
DH
Frozen
Kary
Mala
Fonti
Wam

Boom
Pythag

Laser
Synch

Is kind’ve how my list falls rn. DH gave me so many town pings, Frozen did D1 but toDay haven’t seen much at all of him, I like how Kary is playing right now it’s abrasive and that’s hard to emulate as scum and not get cracked over the head eventually, Mala is town to me stuck in a logic loop, Fonti‘s play has been town overall, but I haven’t had the absolute moment of lock town yet (flips will help), Wam is PoE town right now and I just don’t feel he’s scum from tone and how this game has ran right now. I’m waiting for the Boom town pings but I haven’t gotten em yet, I always got them off of how he treated Xivii and with the Synch blend I haven’t seen em yet. Pythag is just a big question mark to me, like I haven’t seen anything that stands out one way or the other and he kind’ve just feels like he’s easy to forget this game. I’ve explained why I think Laser is scum and paired with Synch. Why they are at the bottom, my laser read is contingent fully on Synch flip though cause I feel like there’s been scum theatre and trying to fabricate tells here.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Okay, **** it, I'm pretty sure this is the full solve. I'm VT, go ahead and yeet me and then yeet these three in any order.

Scum is exactly fonti, wam, Chaco.

Here's some important interactions... I can provide references and flesh this out when I have more time:
-Early scum theatre between wam and Gorf. Also Chaco and wam, actually.
-After I push Chaco, wam instabusses without much explanation. Chaco pushes back, mostly focusing on wam rather than me for some nice scum theatre.
-fonti spends a lot of time defending Chaco and chainsawing me.
-Chaco does a PBPA on wam and somi, wam comes up scummier but votes somi anyway
-Scum has a problem that the counterwagon to Chaco is Frozen. fonti has Frozen at lockTown, wam is already bussing, and Frozen has some pretty decent towncred. They don't have the resources to yeet Frozen without compromising themselves.
-fonti's case on me gets no traction
-Sync's case on Kary gets no traction
-Sabrar calls the vote on wam and a bunch of people jump to wam. Many of them are from the Frozen wagon. Big problem because both main wagons are now scum.
-fonti jumps on somi to get another wagon going before the choice is forced between wam/Chaco.
-fonti pressures people to vote somi
-Votes get reorganized to somi/wam. Scum is tapped out with all three of them on somi and get a bit of luck from Mala/Boom to make the save.

-D2 both fonti and Chaco move away from wam though they had expressed interest in him earlier; wam moves away from Chaco and jumps on Sync instead.
-Town run up Sync, Mala.
-I push on fonti and scum counterattack, hoping the votes from pocketed votes from Boom/Frozen will carry the day.

And here we are.

I'll answer the other stuff directed at me this evening. But seriously, it doesn't matter if I get yeeted so feel free if you don't trust me as long as you hit these three next.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I’m waiting for the Boom town pings but I haven’t gotten em yet
You are such a tease. I think it's best if you stop mentioning this. Every time you do I start thinking about what it could be that you are looking for and if I do that too much it can't happen naturally, whenever it is.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does anyone have a good read on Pythag this game, or is he kind’ve ambiguous title most?
Apologies, I thought I’d have more time like at my old job, but I’ve been majority phone posting, kinda like boom.

Sync-(scummy)I honestly would be ok with a sync vote. They seem to be arguing in bad faith from my view.
e.g - consolidating Kary’s argument in a really biased way, asking me my reasoning to get to their understanding of Karys argument.
Plus, I’m remembering what boom said early D1 about lynching them D2.

Boom (null/scum) that’s not to say I think boom is town.
I think there’s a world with a scum boom and sync, but honestly I’m not trying to make a team, I’m trying to find A scum currently. I think PoE was tripping me up.

Chaco (town) Chaco posts a ton, which seems to go against his “concision is pro town”. It just makes me lol. He’s genuinely fighting and I think his response to me WRT sync was a genuine one.

Frozen (town)The past few frozen posts I’ve really liked. Even his reads list, while at the time I was more iffy on Fonti sync, I think I see the light on at least sync, so to speak.

Laser(scum lean) is more ambiguous, I really haven’t..followed much of what he’s talked about, and a lot of it seems based on old game reads which really don’t interest me. The only thing I have is that Sab really decimated Lasers D1 argument, and no one seemed to notice or care. I’d still fallow Sab on that though, so I have no problem with the current wagon.

Wam(null)- I’m ok with a null/townish lean on him for now. I know Sab called out resistance on his lynch, which is a good point.I was almost finding wam TWTBAW but maybe if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck ::shr

Fonti(Null) - I’m having trouble figuring out why shes so town read, not to say I find her scummy, but nothing has really pinged me one way or the other.

Kary (Town) has been super vocal this game, but I don’t think that’s indicative. I think Sync might have been projecting when they called out Kary for looking for scapegoats, but I think that lines up more with Karys argument about Sync. The fact that Kary has also threatened to double back the town read of me is a good sign that I’m not being pocketed unless it’s like 5D chess or something, in which case, I’m alright letting the better players win.

Mala (???) I really don’t know what Mala is doing.

Dark Horse - (town) he impressed me D1, and I was about to be worried with his lack of presence D2, but him jumping out of the game makes this NAI to me. He can keep his town read.

GLG - (mod) I’m pretty sure GLG is the mod. He has only posted like 26 or so times, and each time is a vote count or post saves, with very little else to say other than people replacing our.I think this is a clear cut case of Modding.

Sorry if I missed someone, I’m sure they’ll let me know, this was off the cuff and not planned to be this long.

Chaco

Never Logs In
LaserGuy LaserGuy Thats inaccurate though because I spent D1 trying to sort Wam and spent a long time trying to figure that out. I don’t believe I’ve ever expressed interest in Wam toDay. Also, why has your sync read changed again and since when? Also you amended saying I seemed town when I caught Synch in a slip, so why am I still scum here?

And I can’t even begin to think you actually believe that the votes back onto you was a scum counterattack. That would be so blatant it would be dumb to do.

Give me something to work with here so I can figure you out, all you’ve done so far this game is tunnel hopped. Your progression really is nonexistent then you push out another hypothetical scum team from left field.

I still have to read your case on Fonti, but this post like literally gives me the giving up town vibe But at the same timeI feel it makes no sense coming from you.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Plus, I’m remembering what boom said early D1 about lynching them D2.
What makes you give that comment so much weight? What do you think was my reason for that read?

GLG - (mod) I’m pretty sure GLG is the mod. He has only posted like 26 or so times, and each time is a vote count or post saves, with very little else to say other than people replacing our.I think this is a clear cut case of Modding.
:laugh:

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag Pythag Whole you’re here give me your thoughts on Lasers #1427
It’s bold I guess. And i guess there’s a world where it’s true. I think finding the entire scum team d2 is quite the feat, and it all falls apart if wam flips town.

And it sets up the same thing that I thought sync was doing, which is spare wam D1 and lynch him D2, because I think of the three he mentioned that are scum team, he’s only going to get support for wam. Did laser vote for Wam yesterday?
Even sync didn’t think Wam is scummy but is just a good info lynch.

Reactions: Wam

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
What makes you give that comment so much weight? What do you think was my reason for that read?
Man I guess my workout is over. My heart rate has dropped all the way now :(.

A) I thought it was funny, and having played with both of those players before I can sympathize with the attitude.

B) if you’re scum? It’s setting up a world where you can just fall back on “man I KNEW this would happen”
If you’re town, it’s cause you’re going to be hyper aware of your own weak points or the town weak points, and besvii can do some serious damage to town.
If you and sync are the same alignment I’ll have to re-evaluate after flips I guess.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Okay, **** it, I'm pretty sure this is the full solve. I'm VT, go ahead and yeet me and then yeet these three in any order.

Scum is exactly fonti, wam, Chaco.

Here's some important interactions... I can provide references and flesh this out when I have more time:
-Early scum theatre between wam and Gorf. Also Chaco and wam, actually.
-After I push Chaco, wam instabusses without much explanation. Chaco pushes back, mostly focusing on wam rather than me for some nice scum theatre.
-fonti spends a lot of time defending Chaco and chainsawing me.
-Chaco does a PBPA on wam and somi, wam comes up scummier but votes somi anyway
-Scum has a problem that the counterwagon to Chaco is Frozen. fonti has Frozen at lockTown, wam is already bussing, and Frozen has some pretty decent towncred. They don't have the resources to yeet Frozen without compromising themselves.
-fonti's case on me gets no traction
-Sync's case on Kary gets no traction
-Sabrar calls the vote on wam and a bunch of people jump to wam. Many of them are from the Frozen wagon. Big problem because both main wagons are now scum.
-fonti jumps on somi to get another wagon going before the choice is forced between wam/Chaco.
-fonti pressures people to vote somi
-Votes get reorganized to somi/wam. Scum is tapped out with all three of them on somi and get a bit of luck from Mala/Boom to make the save.

-D2 both fonti and Chaco move away from wam though they had expressed interest in him earlier; wam moves away from Chaco and jumps on Sync instead.
-Town run up Sync, Mala.
-I push on fonti and scum counterattack, hoping the votes from pocketed votes from Boom/Frozen will carry the day.

And here we are.

I'll answer the other stuff directed at me this evening. But seriously, it doesn't matter if I get yeeted so feel free if you don't trust me as long as you hit these three next.
Dude, I'm not mafia. If you're town you need to get your **** together.

fontisian

Smash Champion
It’s bold I guess. And i guess there’s a world where it’s true. I think finding the entire scum team d2 is quite the feat, and it all falls apart if wam flips town.

And it sets up the same thing that I thought sync was doing, which is spare wam D1 and lynch him D2, because I think of the three he mentioned that are scum team, he’s only going to get support for wam. Did laser vote for Wam yesterday?
Even sync didn’t think Wam is scummy but is just a good info lynch.
Laser voted Wam at eod Yesterday.

Idk, I don't know if I've literally ever seen scum be like "Yeet me and then kill my scumreads."

Chaco

Never Logs In
fontisian fontisian Tonally does Lasers post feel right to you? And does it align with the logic you’d expect to see from him in this scenario?

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
e.g - consolidating Kary’s argument in a really biased way, asking me my reasoning to get to their understanding of Karys argument.
I'm confused, what do you not like about asking your for your reasoning? You stated you agree with Kary's case. I'd like to know step by step what it is you agree with.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
For one thing, I was not high on people's reads at all.
fontisian fontisian LaserGuy LaserGuy BoomFrog BoomFrog #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame Pythag Pythag

I'd like each of your takes on this. My goal is to show that Kary's reasoning is insincere. I am just an easy player he can sit his vote on under the excuse of "It's Xivii! omg im so mad at Xivii raaaawr." There is no goal of actually figuring out this slots alignment.

His argument is that I am avoiding going after "strong players like frozen and himself" as stated below:
I am just repeating myself at this point. You attack strong players like frozen and myself, but when it comes time to eliminate someone, you just take the path of least resistance.
I responded by pointing out that I did indeed go after a "strong player," him Day 1. Yet his response to this, in the quote up above, is to suggest that he wasn't someone difficult to yeet. This completely contradicts his original argument. Are you all able to see how he is adjusting his case to whatever I say? There's no real sincerity behind it.

Synchronicity

Smash Journeyman
if wam is such a good lynch sync, why weren’t you on his wagon yesterday?

You’ve asked or mentioned at least once today about “we don’t gain a lot from x lynch” but where was that mindset yesterday? What did you think we would gain from a somi lynch?
Two reasons:

1. The only reason why he is a good lynch candidate is because of the way the wagons turned out. I didn't yeet somi for info. There wasn't any info to gain from his yeet D1 nor was there any info to gain from wam's. I don't believe in information lynches like that in general, it's pretty silly. I do believe in information lynches when it's based on sufficiently competitive EoD wagons in which the winning wagon flipped town and condition 2 below is met. It's the wagon formations where the info lies, and they cannot be adequately analyzed without knowing the alignment of both players. This would actually be less important if there was consensus that the somi wagon built up incidentally, but enough people are basing their reads off of EoD that we should flip wam so that we do it properly rather than end up with a chain of misyeets based off uninformed assumptions.

2. Wam is suspicious enough that it's a good yeet in general. I didn't feel this way yesterday. The only thing that pinged me yesterday was this post here:
It's a counter wagon to me but I'm reading somi as town. I will vote in self defense if needed though.
It came across as LAMIST (Look at Me I'm So Townie). Still it was a small ping and wasn't enough to override my meta read. It wasn't until he did the same thing today with Mala that I became Fry, his eyes narrowed:
Quick thoughts.

Mala looms like unsure town to me.
The timing of it just didn't seem organic to me, which I explained here:
Can you explain why. This and your read of somi are the only things that have scum pinged me. It's like you're deliberately trying to be town read by looking non-survivalistic: Somi is my counterwagon but I think he's town so I don't want to vote him unless self defense. Mala is pushing for me hard, but I think he's town. But I see no reason for why you should have/have had that view on either of them.
Like why mention his Mala view right there. And his response elaborating on his read was based off the weakest stuff. Mala is unsure town because his Frozen read is different than yesterday? Why isn't everyone who has a different read from yesterday unsure town? If you read back from this time, you can see this where my view him starts to change. And then he made this post:
I dont like any of those wagons.

Vote fontisian
Which again felt like LAMIST/TMI setting himself to look good by vanity voting someone no one was wagoning while everyone else clashed among themselves. And that's when I voted him.

Top Bottom